Update to Progression Rewards in Story Events (5/18/17)

Options

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow you really need to spread the CP out and give more earlier - otherwise bravo!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More grinding for the same rewards. How cool is that. Can't wait.

If this is to incentivize players to play SC8 - it might work but SC9 be better around the corner. 

I would so much prefer the current rewards with max progression at 3 clears. That would be a quality of life change. Nope. Grind more!

And one might say - you don't have to grind, you don't have to go for max progression - just relax and play a much a you like.... and forever fall behind and make any reasonable goals in the game unattainable. 

I've been with this game for over 1000 days. In last couple of months I've been pushed away and away with almost every change....
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been whining about everything but now.... I'm actually happy about this. I love grinding, because I love playing the game; I usually did 5 nodes or even 6 on the easy ones anyway. And I never spend anything on health packs because PVE missions are easy enough for me to get through with my rooster (made up of mostly championed 3*), by changing my team. I'll definitely have more competition for the placement rewards, but as long as the progression rewards improved, it compensates. Also PVE mission get signal intercepts (if you pay!), so this will definitely encourage people to 1. pay more; 2. play more PVE to earn the prizes. I underestimated their marketing team...
    How do you earn more through shield rewards with 5/6 clears rather than 4? I already max them out at 4 clears. It's not that anyone hates the game or shouldn't be playing if you can't put that time in you cannot love the game. That's rubbish, what about people that can only play once in the evening for a long stint and cannot get the 5th clear done. They have to smash out 6 clears at once.

Again it's ignoring the whole reason we went to 4 in the first place, avoiding burnout and "lifestyle change" As with everything lately it's a great idea implemented in an extremely odd way. Quite simply adding rewards past 1x progression, job done. I'd like to hear some sound reasoning as to why that was not done.

I await the PVP change now, 575 reward might be heading to the gallows. They have to do something for pvp'ers. They spend way more than PVE players for their CP. PVE costs nothing, PVP players are heaping shield money into the game and those poor people get nothing past 1200 and nothing past 10k.  They also don't get shield reward intercept thingies.

What are you going to do for the PVPers?
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AS long as this is like a further step towards a full progression rewards systems (instead of placement) I am fine with it.
    Keep up the good work.  :)
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Tony Foot

How do you max out after 4 clears? SHIELD intercepts are all day long- the more you play, the more odds you have at earning them- at least this is what I noticed, but I can't be sure. You also earn prizes for the 5-6 times you play the game. Granted, it's not a lot, but it's something. I agree that time is an issue, but with rewards getting more and more financially expensive, I'm happy that at least they decided to reward spending time besides spending money as a way to advance. I would've liked more stuff given for the exact same effort, especially more ISO, but the devs ignored countless pleas for that, so I lost all hope.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I await the PVP change now, 575 reward might be heading to the gallows. They have to do something for pvp'ers. They spend way more than PVE players for their CP. PVE costs nothing, PVP players are heaping shield money into the game and those poor people get nothing past 1200 and nothing past 10k.  They also don't get shield reward intercept thingies.

This is a question for another thread, but I am gonna second this. PvP is far more competitive. Reaching top 50 in PvP is harder than in PvE, yet in SCL8 4s are rewarded only to the top 5 rather than the (already stingy) top 10 in PvE.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thank you for the extra rewards. Its appreciated. It does not affect me as I always try to do 6 clears anyhow. Not optimally just when I can. Its always been enough for top 100 and progression.

I can see how people may be annoyed with the extra grind however.

• Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Magic said:
    More grinding for the same rewards. How cool is that. Can't wait.

If this is to incentivize players to play SC8 - it might work but SC9 be better around the corner. 

I would so much prefer the current rewards with max progression at 3 clears. That would be a quality of life change. Nope. Grind more!

And one might say - you don't have to grind, you don't have to go for max progression - just relax and play a much a you like.... and forever fall behind and make any reasonable goals in the game unattainable. 

I've been with this game for over 1000 days. In last couple of months I've been pushed away and away with almost every change....
    Attaining quality of life is entirely in your own hands. That the responsibility of your quality of life lies with the developers of a game is the most nonsensical thing I've ever read.

More rewards for more gameplay is logical, and good for both the game and the players. Even if it's only for the days that you have nothing else going on, it's still a win.

You make the choice: Play the game competitively (and invest the time to attain rewards and progress as quickly as possible), or recreationally (and play whenever it suits you). To suggest that others shouldn't be allowed to play competitively just because you can't is moronic.
  • IlDuderino
    Options
    I don't think optimal play has changed. You just need to do 5 clears to hit max progression rather than 4
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nice changes to CL 9 and 10.  ;)
  • IlDuderino
    Options
    That's the devs - with every "improvement" they giveth and they taketh away
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CNash said:
    Moving all of the CP rewards until after the 4* progression reward at SCL 7 and 8 is a terrible move, as well as cutting it down to one reward of 8 CP instead of two lots of 5 CP. As a semi-casual player, I enjoyed getting my 10 CP for each PVE event and then being rewarded with a 4* cover on top of that. Under the new system I'll end up with 2 CP less for the same amount of effort, and a reduction in HP and ISO rewards on top of that.

People have said it already in this thread: more rewards for more play is fine. But fewer rewards for the same amount of play is not fine. This represents a real-terms decrease in the amount of rewards that any non-hardcore player will get on a weekly basis, slowing down their progression to the 4* and 5* tiers.

I've done a quick comparison. A player at SCL 7 on a 3/4 day event who usually plays enough to get the 4-Star progression reward (that's just over 2 clears per node on average, according to Demiurge's charts) will earn these total rewards:

4150 ISO
    10 CP
    100 HP
    2x 3-Star
    1x 4-Star
    1x Heroic Token

Under the new system, the same amount of clears should get the same player up to the 8 CP reward. Their total rewards for doing so are:

3000 ISO
    8 CP
    50 HP
    2x 3-Star
    1x 4-Star
    1x Heroic Token

I can't spell it out any plainer than that. Anyone who doesn't have the time to invest to do 5 clears of each node is getting fewer rewards for the same amount of play time. This is wrong.

Well said.

This is quite clearly not an improvement in QOL
  • Maniac1981
    Maniac1981 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah, this change sucks. This game is too grindy already, why add a 5th clear... 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is a question for another thread, but I am gonna second this. PvP is far more competitive. Reaching top 50 in PvP is harder than in PvE, yet in SCL8 4★s are rewarded only to the top 5 rather than the (already stingy) top 10 in PvE.
    It's the same percentage for both. PVE: 1000 players, top 10 = 1%. PVP: 500 players, top 5 = 1%. The difference is it's 2 covers, even at 1st place, rather than potentially 3 (PVE top 5). It is harder, yes, and usually top 5 are the only players who reach 1200 points due to the points stealing system of PVP. In PVE, you can easily see players outside the top 100 getting the final progression goal. PVP won't be able to have progression changed in the same wat as PVE, because you'll still only have 1% getting the final reward. Effort won't change that, because more effort means more time unshielded, and more time unshielded means getting attacked by a lot of people at once and losing 5 times the amount of points you could gain from a battle. If PVP is updated, it would entail minor tweaks to what progression provides; otherwise, 99% of the PVP players would be alienated for being unable to reach new rewards, an it would be even worse if early rewards were reduced, and the bulk of increases moved past the 900 point zone.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAC169 said:
    According to the attachments, the final big lump of CP has been moved to the 5th clear position. So anyone doing just 4 clears like before will be getting LESS CP
    This is the killer for me, and I think it means it's finally time I kicked this addiction for good. 4x was already too much of a chore. 5x? No freaking way.

They just can't help it. They give with one hand, and take with the other.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Regardless of the rewards breakdown, we've complained about the repetitive nature of playing the same damn events over and over again for years, now we are being asked to play each one of those repetitive events with even more repetition.

I think the xzibit meme applies here...