Update to Progression Rewards in Story Events (5/18/17)

Options

Comments

• bickle
    bickle Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was really hoping for a change that would require me to spend more time grinding. /s
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd love to see the feedback from the players that were asking to grind more... Where are they???
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I mean if they want us to keep spending for more health packs I have some great suggestions:

Every non goon node is MrF, Medusa, Carnage
    Enemy levels are no longer capped after 4 repeats
    Health pack rewards in taco vault have been replaced with 250 iso rewards
    Every PVE is now venom bomb
    Court death now deals 100% damage to allies
    Because the OML rework was so successful in achieving our goals, all true heal values have been reworked
    Each PVE now rewards 100 CP! You just need to do 10 clears. Don't worry, we won't make you wait for refreshes. We spent a lot of time doing the math so that you can achieve max progression without waiting for refreshes.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks guys for this awesome change.

And to all those that are complaining that they actually need to play to get rewards: Why?**

**Removed attack on other players - Ducky
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Zappa said:
    ... Don't worry, we won't make you wait for refreshes. We spent a lot of time doing the math so that you can achieve max progression without waiting for refreshes.
    Haha, this made me chuckle
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like the extra progression rewards, but this is going to be so much worse to so many people. While 1 extra clear is fine a lot of the time, it's also pretty tough, and it will be all but required in scl7 and 8 to get anywhere near t100.

Keep current progression rewards as they are. Put these new ones afterwards. At the very least, spread the CP out through the event. 
  • Liquid Fists
    Liquid Fists Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This means less covers for me; more cp (All that matters to me for the most part. ) and more grinding.

I play SCL 8 on none new releases.  I do 4 clears per node and end up between 100-150 placement wise.

For new releases I drop to SCL 6 do 7 clears. My first 4 clears are finished between 4 to 8 hours after the event starts and the last 3 about 6 hours or so before the sub ends. I finish top 10 and get 3 covers of the new character, plus 1 alliance reward. I have been doing this since I noticed it by by picking SCL 6 by mistake after not getting my full clears in on a SCL 8 event.  I often see others doing this as well.

After a new release cycle I usually end up with between 5 or 6 covers, occasionally more with lucky pulls. I'm not to concerned with the cover loss. I have all but the latest 3 characters, Winter Soldier ( 11 covers) and Spider Gwen ( 10 covers ) maxed covered. My roster is capped at 200.

I have not spent a cp or legendary token since 5* Hawkeye. 1675cp and 49 legendary tokens atm. I spent my first stockpile on Hawkeye, my best coveted 5* (8 covers) The characters released since then are all 7+ covers. Not sure how that will fair after removing intercepts as I get a decent amount of 4*s from heroic tokens. 

I just hate more grinding.  Every node 6 times will get me in the top 100 for new releases in SCL 8 or it use to. 7 clears between 50-75ish. I expect more competition now since they have increased the top currency in higher SCLs. 

So for me it's just more grinding,  more cp ( hopefully will balance placement cover loss) and a little more iso.

While I don't often like some of the changes I will admit it keeps things interesting. 

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So I get a lot of the new rewards are designed for those who go hard into an event so they aren't playing for as long without rewards.

and in general this isn't a bad change even for those who just want to get partial rewards.

though your break down of CP is well... stupid.

Most PVE I am going to play until I get the 4* character and not bother after that because the rewards really aren't worth it. During that time I will get 10 CP along the way.

now if I do that I will get no CP. but hey lets assume the 8CP is where the 4* currently is... that will still be a loss of 2CP from this supposed increase.

can't you like ditch reward 12 and split up the CP more.

put like 5CP there, 8 where it is and 20 at the end for 3/4 day events
    and  maybe put 9CP there, 18 where it is and 46 at the end for 7 day events?

also can I assume the taco changes will be coming soon given these resource changes?
  • aviral69
    aviral69 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm a hardcore PvE player. The new reward structure looks great!

One question though : Earlier 4 clears used to get us to 25 CP. Now 4 clears will only get us to 8 CP in 3/4 day events and 18 CP in 7 day events. That's considerably lower than players doing 4x clears got earlier. I'm 7x clears all the way so doesn't really matter to me!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@zulux21 - I play PVE similar to you in that the 4* cover is my main goal. Note under this new system it will be easier to earn the 4* cover as it will only be 2 clears of each node, so for me the new goal will be the 8CP for 3 day events.

I did a rough comparison on what I would earn old/new: 3&4 day events are worse as now I will get 50 HP instead of 100, and 8 CP instead of 10. ISO is pretty similar 4K old and 5k new

7 day events are looking much better, with 110 HP instead of 100 and 18CP instead of 10 for the same effort I'm making now. ISO is around 10K compared to about 4K

TL:DR - if the 3 day events could move 50HP and 2CP back earlier instead of a massive hit at the end, I'd be loving these changes

• Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm torn.

I normally do the 4 clears to hit progression (as often as I can but sometimes miss a day), so the thought of doing one more for each just to hit progression doesn't seem that bad. Particularly if I'll be getting more rewards for that effort (save the CO, which outside of the 4* given is the only way I seem to get those covers). So for one more cover I get a not inconsiderable increase in reward. 

But then there's the time commitment. I'm not aiming for placement (forget that nonsense), so I guess I can at least choose when to do the 5 clears, but that extra round of playing is not looking good. I just don't know if I want to spend that time. 

Granted, my biggest issue still comes with 4* covers that are not in the tokens, and this is an area where I think offering more 4* covers could be had. Although this is definitely a compromise of sorts.

I'll just have to see how it shakes out. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've always played to be in the t50, these changes are awesome thanks devs!!!!

***Removed attacks on others - Ducky
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I feel sorry for those who want to get max progression every single event. :( 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    People miss out on days, people don't have essentials, and currently that's fine because you can go for 5-7 clears instead of 4 to make up for missed days.  With the higher requirements to reach the CP and yet the same ideal total of points there's gonna be a lot less leeway in reaching max progression.  I would like more accurate numerical representations rather than just number of clears. 

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been whining about everything but now.... I'm actually happy about this. I love grinding, because I love playing the game; I usually did 5 nodes or even 6 on the easy ones anyway. And I never spend anything on health packs because PVE missions are easy enough for me to get through with my rooster (made up of mostly championed 3*), by changing my team. I'll definitely have more competition for the placement rewards, but as long as the progression rewards improved, it compensates. Also PVE mission get signal intercepts (if you pay!), so this will definitely encourage people to 1. pay more; 2. play more PVE to earn the prizes. I underestimated their marketing team...
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    AlluAllu said:
    I feel sorry for those who want to get max progression every single event. :( 
    I don't. It's only 9 more games/day, 4 of which are easy as pie.

Also, it's not like they require you to grind. You can play them at any time (albeit within 24 hours).