Update to Progression Rewards in Story Events (5/18/17)

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in the annoyed by the increase from 4 to 5 camp as well. However, this could help my placement as doing 1 clear per node in the 30 minutes I get between getting home from work to the start of the next, but that assumes the 7th doesn't become required for placement (which I'll be shocked if it doesn't)

ISO rewards don't seem extreme enough, but they aren't terrible. The rest are pretty good though.  Would have been great to add an extra cover to each as well (especially since you screwed on many characters with vaulting)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you! This will do nicely to up the numbers in scl 8 so you can open scl 9 too :)
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    This does a good job of filling in the blanks at the end of the progression ladder.

...BUT...

it would be even better if the CP were distributed in more chunks, especially for the 7-day events.

If you have something come up near the last day of a 7-day event, it might be tough to recover and make max progression with an off-day in there.  If that last chunk of CP was split and distributed at more than one point, maybe with the first (smaller) chunk at the old 4x hit threshold, it would be nice.  Just something to consider.
    Agree 100,000%.  One of my main complaints with 7-days is that falling a little behind -- even early on -- makes it impossible or incredibly difficult to reach top progression, thereby negating any desire/purpose to play the final couple of days of the event.  It's a lot easier (currently) to miss some nodes early on in a 3-4 day and make up the difference on the last couple of days.

At higher CLs, CP are pretty much the only reason the majority of players are playing PvE.  (If your roster and play technique/desire is competitive enough to reach t10 or t50 for the "good" placement awards, you are probably swimming in CP and don't care as much.  Which is not to say you wouldn't care.)  Spreading out the rewards is a good way to keep players engaged even if some of the event can't be played.  (Life happens.....)
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    As others have said, this seemed good at first, but the breakdown of course is where the majority of the goods is located at the deepest end of the pool and many of us are exhausted and barely have the energy to tread water. We're being asked to swim more laps. My average is about 4.5 clears lately on average which means I will get less CP overall instead of more. I used to get all 25 on the average 3-4 day event, now I'll get 8CP. That's horrible.  :/
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    granne said:
    DAC169 said:

granne said:
    That out of the way, I don't understand the complaints. No one is making you clear 5 times. If you want to, great, you'll get commensurate rewards. If you don't, you won't. Unless I'm reading the charts incorrectly (not impossible, I haven't slept in daaaaaays), 4 clears will likely still have you better off than now.
    According to the attachments, the final big lump of CP has been moved to the 5th clear position. So anyone doing just 4 clears like before will be getting LESS CP
    True. Most people on the forums seem to be in more dire need of Iso than CP, though, so I stand by my assessment. People not on the forums may have different needs, but may not be clearing for progression in any case.

Well, if we're talking about ISO, the final, & largest, chunk of ISO is after 4 clears. For 3 & 4 day events, that's most of the new ISO.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I love that just 2 clears of each node in a 7 day event will reward two 4* covers
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like many, my response is:

Yay more rewards!

Boo more grinding  :(

I barely have the time to hit max prog on weekdays, let alone weekends. Oh well, good-bye, hopes fpr that sweet pve cp!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, please lower scaling on the fifth play. The scaling there is dreadful, around 450 per enemy, but I don't have enough spare health packs to use my limited number of 5*s and boosted 4*s.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    As a player that can't quite kick the desire for good placement, the extra rewards are great for me.

Now they just need to get rid of the completely rewardless '7th clear' and I might start recommending MPQ to my friends!
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    Providing more rewards at higher progression levels is great. People regularly go up as high 140% or 150% of the current "max" progression, because that's what it takes to be competitive for placement, so it's nice to see progression rewards reflect that effort.

Moving the goal posts so that people who used to play 4x clears can no longer get the same rewards by doing 4x clears is an insult to more casual players. Would much rather have seen new rewards added on top of the current structure, rather than seeing the current structure reworked to REQUIRE more play time.
    Yes yes yes and yes. This is taking away rewards for the same effort than before. Just add the extras at the top for the extra effort. Pulling the rug out from everyone is tiny flipping kitty.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    All these people praising such generosity.
    The breakdown (at CL8) is a mandatory 5th clear to reach at least the same amount of CP we have been receiving for 4 clears, with a +8 bonus
    Lets say a 5th clear of each node (maximal difficulty, assuming flat scaling after the 4th clear) takes about 20-25 minutes (9 nodes). Over 3 days that is an extra hour of playtime, over 4 days it is encroaching on 1.5 hours.

=>For 1 hour of our time, they are saying it is worth <2000 iso, 8 cp, a 3 star cover, and 25 hp. Worse on a 4 day.

And it isn't that we can opt out of that 1 hour and still get our old rewards, because we will never reach max progression and the end CP reward.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Once again it's a nice thought with a completely butchered implementation.  Does no one think these things out?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like everyone else:

More rewards for same effort: good

Same rewards for less effort: good

Less rewards for the old level of effort, but more rewards for more effort: kinda meh.

We aren't blind demi: we can see that you are trying to incentivize even more grinding and are pitching it as an increase in rewards.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby

How will the 48 hour nodes work? Will That have any impact?
  • Pollozz
    Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Thank you for these changes, always more goodies are welcome!!!. I play mostly pve so these changes really help me out. Thumbs up D3