**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Something seems very off here.... I have a lvl 233 Fury, 552 at the moment. At that level, his purple is doing 876 damage (613 strike tile). However, adding a 3rd purple cover leads to the ability doing 3679 damage (no change in strike tile).

Either there is a HUGE increase in going from 2 to 3 covers, or my character has not scaled properly with leveling. Am I missing something?
  • Jathro wrote:
    Something seems very off here.... I have a lvl 233 Fury, 552 at the moment. At that level, his purple is doing 876 damage (613 strike tile). However, adding a 3rd purple cover leads to the ability doing 3679 damage (no change in strike tile).

Either there is a HUGE increase in going from 2 to 3 covers, or my character has not scaled properly with leveling. Am I missing something?
    The way they made 4 stars is they scale more based on covers than levels. That’s the reason you don’t really need a 4 star to be at level 270 in order to be effective. You can keep them as low as level 220 and they are, to a degree, equally effective to their level 270 counterparts.

4 star’s powers jump the most at level 3 and 5. You can witness this in Thor (blue 4 to 5 goes from 3 turn stun and 5 charged tiles to 4 turn stun and 12 charged tiles…until recently anyway) or Xforce (His green jumps from ~2K to ~4.5K from 4 to 5 and his SS gains the AP gain at level 5…the reason it is so broken).

So I don’t have the exact scaling numbers on his abilities for every cover at every level. But his base damage on purple, at level 70, goes from 457 to 882 from 2 covers to 3 covers. So it’s conceivable that, as you add levels, that scaling difference between those 2 numbers does make a significant difference, in tune with what you’re seeing now.

I am not positive that it isn’t a bug, but it seems to be you can expect with a 4 star.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Jathro wrote:

There is a huge increase in damage going from 2 to 3 covers in purple. The first post should probably be updated, because I don't think it's accurate.

4* abilities are 50% strength at level 70 compared to level 270, so I'd expect a level 70 Fury to do approximately 1,905 damage with 3 purple covers. Anyone with a level 70 Fury care to confirm that?
  • john1620b wrote:
    Jathro wrote:

There is a huge increase in damage going from 2 to 3 covers in purple. The first post should probably be updated, because I don't think it's accurate.

4* abilities are 50% strength at level 70 compared to level 270, so I'd expect a level 70 Fury to do approximately 1,905 damage with 3 purple covers. Anyone with a level 70 Fury care to confirm that?
    1919 damage and 319 strike tile
  • With xforce nerf & the hp boost, how viable is Nick Fury in higher level PVP now? Is he a reasonable defensive option when scaling past 600+ in PVP? Still too "slow" offensively?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    WesFaram wrote:
    With xforce nerf & the hp boost, how viable is Nick Fury in higher level PVP now? Is he a reasonable defensive option when scaling past 600+ in PVP? Still too "slow" offensively?
    People were using him some when he was buffed, but otherwise, you really don't see him. And now that PvP is going to have a roster of buffed characters each time, that's going to dictate who you use. Eg, you're seeing a lot of GSBW and KK this week, but don't expect to see them when they lose their buffs.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    WesFaram wrote:
    With xforce nerf & the hp boost, how viable is Nick Fury in higher level PVP now? Is he a reasonable defensive option when scaling past 600+ in PVP? Still too "slow" offensively?
    People were using him some when he was buffed, but otherwise, you really don't see him. And now that PvP is going to have a roster of buffed characters each time, that's going to dictate who you use. Eg, you're seeing a lot of GSBW and KK this week, but don't expect to see them when they lose their buffs.

His health upgrade made him viable, if he is your only purple and blue user, he is a threat to the other team in PvP. If Fury gets a Demolition off, it's more than likely you are going to lose someone on your team. That being said, he's more of a guy to fill out your team rather than a featured player.
  • simonsez
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    His health upgrade made him viable, if he is your only purple and blue user, he is a threat to the other team in PvP. If Fury gets a Demolition off, it's more than likely you are going to lose someone on your team. That being said, he's more of a guy to fill out your team rather than a featured player.
    I'm not arguing against his abilities, I'm just saying that with the buff-of-the-week club, you're not going to see him. At least I didn't. Not once.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I'm not arguing against his abilities, I'm just saying that with the buff-of-the-week club, you're not going to see him. At least I didn't. Not once.

I've seen him a few times so far this week, and expect more since Scarlet can feed him. I've seen him infinitely more than Elektra, who is buffed this week. I've seen a couple IWs but not many (I personally used her once to try her out).

XForce/4Thor are still the most prominent 4* in PvP, with Prof X a kinda close 3rd, and Fury a distant 4th. No one else has been relevant to date, in my experience.

Does make me laugh when people say XForce/4Thor are unplayable, given the above.
  • simonsez
    Does make me laugh when people say XForce/4Thor are unplayable, given the above.
    I'm not sure the people still running them have a viable alternative in their roster. And I don't think I'm seeing nearly as much of them as you. In this one, I'm mostly seeing cyclops and kk.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I'm not sure the people still running them have a viable alternative in their roster. And I don't think I'm seeing nearly as much of them as you. In this one, I'm mostly seeing cyclops and kk.

I know there are exceptions, but most who had the 270 twins maxed have a deep roster behind it.

To clarify, I don't see them together much, it's one or the other now, which is fine. I've seen a lot of Cyclops this event yes, but have had to nuke 4Thor a lot as well, usually with Cage but there's a few other combos.
  • Currently a strong level 240 3* can compete with a level 350 4* so I sure wouldn't expect to see a level 270 4* used when a strong 3* is available. I'm not even sure if a 350 4* beats the 240 3*. Well, the 4* will have a lot more HPs, but the 3* will generally have better offense. This isn't counting Professor X who tends to show up for combo purposes.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I have a level 70, 3/5/5 Fury who I was saving iso-8 for. My plan was to bring him to 220. Then the iso-8 change was announced so I continued to save. I have 904k and ready to spend it all. But now I'm wondering if Fury will do me any good. Reading hear, it seems like having 3 buffed 3-stars can be more effective than putting Fury on my team.

Also note, I have no other useable 4-star characters. With this in mind, how useful would Fury be for me and how high should I level him? Even if he might not make me a big contender in PvP, I see him as at least saving me a health pack in my climbs.
  • Like every character, Fury will be of use when his colors come to the forefront. 3* Thor boosted? Send Fury with him. Saves you from all purple and blue boards.

Also of note, Fury himself will be occasionally boosted now, but levels mean less to 4* characters (besides health). Raising him to 220 for now is a solid call. Especially if you have a core of stable 3*s anyway.
  • Now noting that my fury is also 3/5/5 but at around lvl 100 ( so i have not actually played with him much) I would argue that hood fury is a definite contender for top pvp team if you disregard the buffed 3 stars. With the buffed 3 stars its harder to say. I think the goal for the developers is to have your 4 stars be worth playing even if they are not buffed as a sort of equal player so that if you did not have some of the good buffed 3 stars you could at least fall back on your 4 star. I think fury probably fits that role very well. You could always play with him and place fairly well.

That being said, in this new weekly buff meta it might be the case that just trying to level up all your strong 3 stars is going to pay off more. Certainly in this pvp maxed cyclops/kamala is superior to hood/fury. So to finally answer your question IMO leveling fury is fine if you plan to play with him all the time but if you have a strong cycle of 3 stars worth leveling then spending the iso with them is probably superior in terms of overall efficiency.

Thats my 2 cents
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    As always I will chime in some figures to help you save that iso8.png that helps you go even farther now.

L270 vs. L250 stats (5/5/3 build as it should be)

hp - 13,974 vs. 12,050. Difference of 1,924

yellowflag.png I cannot give stats since D3 still has not updated that ability with figures after all this time. Just need to know dmg. The others are just whitecrit.pngprotect.png and stun.

blueflag.png 1505/trap or 752 if you match vs. 1487/trap or 743. Real numbers are (if all 7 traps go off) 10,535dmg vs. 10,409. The total dmg difference comes to 126 if all 7 traps go off. Not 126 per trap. That is the total difference in dmg if all 7 go off....combined. The difference per trap is 8 dmg, yes.

purpleflag.png 3809dmg + 634 strike.png vs. 3763 dmg + 627 strike.png . A grand difference of 46 dmg and 7 strike.png

Oh yeah and it costs 75k iso8.png to get there with the new costs from r75.

Overall the hp increase seems worth it but the abilities don't scale at all. Enjoy.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    I leveled my Fury to 222 because at that level he starts to tank yellow/blue for maxed out Hood. He has 10704 health and demolition does just about 10k damage. I have been using him with hood and cyclops in the shield simulator. Pretty nice team and somewhat scary in defence.
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Incidentally, I don't know why this happened, but his HP has dropped to 12977. I remember it being over 13k a few days ago then yesterday I noticed it was < 13k and was all icon_eek.gif
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    hamsingame wrote:
    Incidentally, I don't know why this happened, but his HP has dropped to 12977. I remember it being over 13k a few days ago then yesterday I noticed it was < 13k and was all icon_eek.gif
    Hmm, you are right. Look at opening post. Supposed to be 13974 for L270.

Fury got a nerf???
  • endlessvoid
    endlessvoid Posts: 16
    The same thing happen to invisible woman with her health dropping to 12,997.