**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Comments

• metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Need some advice on possible respec. I now have Fury at 4/4/5, and I just drew a yellow cover so I can bring him up to 5 yellow. Looks like 5 blue is a no-brainer (cover just hasn't fallen yet), so I'm just undecided on whether to keep purple at 5 or bring yellow up. I'm actually kind of enjoying my purple as it is with that 2 turn countdown, just not sure if the pros of having 5 yellow outweigh that of having 5 purple. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
  • metallion wrote:
    Need some advice on possible respec. I now have Fury at 4/4/5, and I just drew a yellow cover so I can bring him up to 5 yellow. Looks like 5 blue is a no-brainer (cover just hasn't fallen yet), so I'm just undecided on whether to keep purple at 5 or bring yellow up. I'm actually kind of enjoying my purple as it is with that 2 turn countdown, just not sure if the pros of having 5 yellow outweigh that of having 5 purple. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

In the long run you're going to have to drop one more from purple for the 5th blue anyway, so you might as well bite the bullet now. Realistically, the 1 turn shorter CD on purple doesn't matter as much because the tile cannot be protected since it's placed randomly. On defense, if it's in a bad spot it's 100% going to be gone against a human opponent. On offense, the computer is completely oblivious to your CDs. Note that unlike most abilities, Escape Plan tile stays at where it is resolved and you need the strike tile to stay there to do its job. That is, if it's on a bad spot and the AI will match it 5 turns from now, the difference between 2/3 turn CD is that you get one more turn of your strike tile, which is probably worth about 1K damage. This isn't an ability that does all the effect when it resolves like say Sleight of Hand, so if the AI nailing your CD one turn earlier generally only works out to be one turn of strike damage damage, versus Sleight of Hand where getting nailed one turn earlier is the difference between 0 and 10K damage.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Apologies if this had already been discussed but I'm trying to find out the maximum damage/effects of 5 covers of yellowflag.png

e.g. how much damage if I were to have all (5+) ap

icon_captainamerica.png = ??
    icon_ironman.png = ??
    icon_hawkeye.png = ?? Critical tiles
    icon_blackwidow.png = ?? Stun
    icon_hulk.png = ??
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marty17 wrote:
    Apologies if this had already been discussed but I'm trying to find out the maximum damage/effects of 5 covers of yellowflag.png

icon_ironman.png = ??
    icon_hulk.png = ??

Avengers Assemble! - Yellow 12 AP
    With the world in peril, Director Fury summons Earth's mightiest heroes. The Sentinel of Liberty, Captain America, is first on the scene. ( Convert 2 random tiles to protect tiles)
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2 – Iron Man heeds the call, weapons primed. (Requires but does not consume 5 Red AP) - Deal 1370 damages
    Level 3 – Hawkeye sets up and take aim. (Requires but does not consume 5 purple AP) - Create 2 random critical tiles.
    Level 4 – Appearing from nowhere, Black Widow's arrival stings. (Requires but does not consume 5 blue AP) - Stun target for 3 turn.
    Level 5 – Hulk lands. Hulk smashes. (Requires but does not consume 5 green AP) - Deal 685 damages to all enemies.
    Max Level:
    3 covers: Creates two 163 strength Protect tiles and Deals 2720 damage to target.
    4 covers: Creates two 163 strength Protect tiles and Deals 2720 damage to target.
    5 covers: Creates two 163 strength Protect tiles and Deals 2720 damage to target and 1360 damage to all enemies.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

icon_ironman.png = ??
    icon_hulk.png = ??

With the world in peril, Director Fury summons Earth's mightiest heroes. The Sentinel of Liberty, Captain America, is first on the scene. ( Convert 2 random tiles to protect tiles)
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2 – Iron Man heeds the call, weapons primed. (Requires but does not consume 5 Red AP) - Deal 1370 damages
    Level 3 – Hawkeye sets up and take aim. (Requires but does not consume 5 purple AP) - Create 2 random critical tiles.
    Level 4 – Appearing from nowhere, Black Widow's arrival stings. (Requires but does not consume 5 blue AP) - Stun target for 3 turn.
    Level 5 – Hulk lands. Hulk smashes. (Requires but does not consume 5 green AP) - Deal 685 damages to all enemies.
    Max Level:
    3 covers: Creates two 163 strength Protect tiles and Deals 2720 damage to target.
    4 covers: Creates two 163 strength Protect tiles and Deals 2720 damage to target.
    5 covers: Creates two 163 strength Protect tiles and Deals 2720 damage to target and 1360 damage to all enemies.

So at max level (270) it's:

icon_captainamerica.png = 2x 163 strength protect tiles
    icon_ironman.png = ?? Damage
    icon_hawkeye.png = 2x critical tiles
    icon_blackwidow.png = 3 turn stun
    icon_hulk.png = ?? Damage to all enemies
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marty17 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

icon_ironman.png = ??
    icon_hulk.png = ??

Level Upgrades
    Max Level:

icon_ironman.png = ?? Damage
    icon_hulk.png = ?? Damage to all enemies

icon_ironman.png = 2720 Damage
    icon_hulk.png = 1360 Damage to all enemies[/quote]
  • Had Fury at 5-5-3 for a while now (but only level 110). I am saving Iso for HB but after that I intend to get Fury up there. Seems to be a fair split between 3-5-5 and 5-5-3 though. I actually thought/assumed people would rate 3-5-5 as the right build but now am trying to work out if i should go to 4-5-4 and hope to get another Purple at some point.

On the other hand, plenty of people seem to like 5-5-3 so maybe I stand pat.

I have no idea.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Had Fury at 5-5-3 for a while now (but only level 110). I am saving Iso for HB but after that I intend to get Fury up there. Seems to be a fair split between 3-5-5 and 5-5-3 though. I actually thought/assumed people would rate 3-5-5 as the right build but now am trying to work out if i should go to 4-5-4 and hope to get another Purple at some point.

On the other hand, plenty of people seem to like 5-5-3 so maybe I stand pat.

I have no idea.

It depends a little on what colours you need to have covered in your roster. Either 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 works well.

Personally, I'm running him 5/5/3, because I like the flexibility 5 yellow gives me with the stun and AE (particularly the stun). I generally don't wait for a fully charged AA to go off. I'll just charge up the colours that I need given the situation. I can see the value in 5 purple; at 3 purple, that Escape Plan CD tile gets matched away an awful lot, and I therefore just rely on it for the damage more than anything else. With SW and KK in my roster, Fury's yellow gets more use than his purple. If you're running him with Hood, though, there's definitely a case to be made for 3/5/5 instead.
  • Thanks. Really not sure who to run him with. Have a pretty deep roster of 166's, not SW but KK and Hood are both there. Guess it's just "toss a coin" and see.

From an iso perspective, guess I may as well stick with 5-5-3 and sell the purple cover.

It's months away, but if I were to max HB and Fury (HB is 5-4-4 currently) is there any synergy with those two at all?
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    i would strongly disagree. if you are running with hood then 5,5,3 is definitely better. you are already running a hood whom basically turns nick's purple to 5. hood's constant steal means you don't need to rely on escape plan lvl 4 to steal enemy strongest color and furthermore you can't guarantee you can still that much since enemy randomly match colors when escape plan fully in action. and finally, hood black helps escape plan to trigger faster without lvl 5. of course you could argue that hood black make it even faster if you have escape plan at 5 but losing the stun and aoe damage from aa is not worth it.

as you said, at level 3, before escape plan can go off that it will be matched most of the time.. i don't see whats the difference it get matched right after it triggered. just to steal 9 un guaranteed ap at best doesn't seems viable.

as for both nick and hood sharing yellow skill, you can use whichever given at the right situation... if you have less ap of other colors from using a full aa, then hood's pistol is better and the closer to the ending of the match then twin pistol is better too. other than that you will mostly use aa
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    You are of course completely correct, you want Fury at 5/5/3 to pair with Hood. My brain is fried from the grind for the Thing.
  • So if SW, KK and Hood are good 5-5-3 partners, who helps on the 3-5-5 front?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if SW, KK and Hood are good 5-5-3 partners, who helps on the 3-5-5 front?

Fury is way better at 3/5/5 with SW. Spamming Escape Plan is fun.

Mine is 5/3/4 right now, because the RNG gods hate me (I also have a 2/0/3 duplicate). But in Patch and now Gamora's PvP, Escape Plan sped up by Hood is pretty efficient, and helps reduce the risk of it bursting before resolution.

I'm eventually going to build a 4/5/4. The AoE isn't much, and I almost have a green user with him whose power I want to unload when it's ready, not when AA is ready. However, the stun is extremely valuable, and worth well more than an extra countdown turn. Plus I miss XForce's AP steal, so Fury having it is kinda nice.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if SW, KK and Hood are good 5-5-3 partners, who helps on the 3-5-5 front?

Fury is way better at 3/5/5 with SW. Spamming Escape Plan is fun.

Mine is 5/3/4 right now, because the RNG gods hate me (I also have a 2/0/3 duplicate). But in Patch and now Gamora's PvP, Escape Plan sped up by Hood is pretty efficient, and helps reduce the risk of it bursting before resolution.

I'm eventually going to build a 4/5/4. The AoE isn't much, and I almost have a green user with him whose power I want to unload when it's ready, not when AA is ready. However, the stun is extremely valuable, and worth well more than an extra countdown turn. Plus I miss XForce's AP steal, so Fury having it is kinda nice.

Purple's upgrades are so bad that there's virtually no way to justify not going 5/5/3. The extra AP steal rarely makes much of a difference (very few times where the AI has 8+ of its strongest without firing off an ability) and the CD timer doesn't do too much. Either the tile is in a safe spot or its in the middle of the board and will get destroyed within a turn anyway. The difference with more covers in yellow is huge though. If I'm at 8+ yellow I'll hold off on abilities to see if I can get a fully charged one off in the next turn or two. Its only 5 per color so even if I cast an ability there's usually time to make another match or two to put that AP level over 5 again.

I find the Hulk component to be useful in a lot of situations. Usually by the time Avengers is ready my first target is pretty low. I'd rather the stun component go on my next target and let the splash damage finish of the weak one. Especially useful against Captain Marvel or the Hulk when I can start chipping them down while finishing off their partners with AoE.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    The extra AP steal rarely makes much of a difference (very few times where the AI has 8+ of its strongest without firing off an ability)

Anyone with a strongest color that is also their passive (KK, Daken among others) is vulnerable to the 9AP steal, so it's not that rare for it to be a payoff.

It'd be one thing if level 3 stole something like 5AP and then 4 went up to 9. Then sure, it'd be a negligible enough difference. However, the 4-5 on average it might steal is still overall more useful to me than the AoE, which is a nice feature but rarely game breaking.

Having both currently, I can see the use for both, but 5 years from now when I get the last two Fury blue, I think I'll miss the potential AP steal considerably more.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    The extra AP steal rarely makes much of a difference (very few times where the AI has 8+ of its strongest without firing off an ability)

Anyone with a strongest color that is also their passive (KK, Daken among others) is vulnerable to the 9AP steal, so it's not that rare for it to be a payoff.

It'd be one thing if level 3 stole something like 5AP and then 4 went up to 9. Then sure, it'd be a negligible enough difference. However, the 4-5 on average it might steal is still overall more useful to me than the AoE, which is a nice feature but rarely game breaking.

Having both currently, I can see the use for both, but 5 years from now when I get the last two Fury blue, I think I'll miss the potential AP steal considerably more.

The AoE is very useful because the damage gets added on to the main nuke (like CtS), I think its something like 5k to target and 1700 to the other 2. The argument for going 5 purple with Fury is very similar to any argument justifying 5 blue on Psylocke.
  • Does anybody know if Furys 5 yellow covers creates collateral damage from Hulks Smash attack?
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Jonbob11 wrote:
    Does anybody know if Furys 5 yellow covers creates collateral damage from Hulks Smash attack?
    Fury has no self-nuking abilities. He's just pure win
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    AFAIK, 5/5/3 is the way God intended to run Fury.

Maximum damage on 12 Yellow with all the benefits
    Maximum damage on 10 blue
    Maximum damage on 12 purple

Why LX doesn't run 5 purple: Because the damage is already set, I tend to get it late, I run him with Wanda most of the time, and when not Wanda, Loki. Even in a scenario where I run him separately, the damage is maxed, which is where my focus is. I save up to throw AA, then drop bombs, then shoot someone in the face, then watch Hulk blow himself to smithereens, then drop the mic.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is 3,5,5 because that is how I got the covers. I run him a lot with Hood and I get his purple cd to fire all the time and then have a Massive strike tile out and 9AP. I see the benefit of Furrys yellow especially if you can use an AP stealer to make sure you have 5 in all colors. The issue with yellow is if you do not bring an AP stealer you might not have the AP in all colors to fire all th abilities. The issue with purple is if the CD tiles gets matched. I recommend building him with 5 blue and going with whichever covers you win in yellow or purple. Demolition is devistating and a pain on defense when it fires.