**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In PvE, I use Fury with Ghost Rider and Hood.  Fury and Ghost Rider have active abilities in all 6 colors, and they tank for the 3-stars if you have them champed.  Hood will help steal AP so that you can get all of the Avengers Assemble effects when you fire it off, and his black will speed up the countdown for Escape Plan.  It's especially nice in this Unstable ISO event where both Fury and Ghost Rider are boosted...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @sambrookjm - Nice. I played that team for a few rounds in Unstable ISO and it was both fun and effective. Just out of curiosity, what's your Fury build? (?/?/?)
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You didn't ask me, but my generic Fury build is 4/5/4.  4th yellow gets you the stun effect and 4th purple gets you an 6 extra ap steal.  Whereas 5th yellow just gets you some extra board shake and 5th purple gets you 1 less turn on the cd tile.  I feel like both of those 5th effects are worth sacrificing for the 4th in the other.  Of course, if someone has a better power in yellow or purple, I'll respec Fury's to 3.  In any case, blue is always at 5.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    VizMantis said:
    You didn't ask me, but my generic Fury build is 4/5/4.  4th yellow gets you the stun effect and 4th purple gets you an 6 extra ap steal.  Whereas 5th yellow just gets you some extra board shake and 5th purple gets you 1 less turn on the cd tile.  I feel like both of those 5th effects are worth sacrificing for the 4th in the other.  Of course, if someone has a better power in yellow or purple, I'll respec Fury's to 3.  In any case, blue is always at 5.
    Yellow at 5 has also an AOE (with 5 in green) which you seem to have forgotten...
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    @sambrookjm - Nice. I played that team for a few rounds in Unstable ISO and it was both fun and effective. Just out of curiosity, what's your Fury build? (?/?/?)
    Glad you liked the team, Ancient One :).  If Bl4de is boosted, you can switch him in for Ghost Rider to the same effect.  Plus, with that team, Hood may just keep stealing an enemy Red AP that Blade will use to fuel his Bloodlust.

My Fury build is 5/5/3, as the Escape Plan countdown time more often than not ends up in a tile that can be easily matched away.  At 5, Avengers has a Green AoE that's quite helpful.  Demolition at 5 is pretty much standard, and when Fury is boosted it's a one-shot kill for nearly anyone you'll be facing.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Yellow at 5 has also an AOE (with 5 in green) which you seem to have forgotten...
    I wouldn't say forgotten, so much as never realized.   :p

I might have known if the description was better than "Hulk hungry to smash" (or had I read page 1 of this thread).  In that case, 2.5k aoe is probably worth sacrificing the extra 6ap steal from purple.  All in all it doesn't really matter though, I rarely fire Fury's purple or yellow because I'm not chasing them.  They're both more, "oh look, I happened to collect enough to fire this" powers in my book.
  • sinnerjfl
    Options
    I think people in general tend to undervalue his yellow quite a bit. He's boosted right now (pve) and once you use yellow (at 5 covers), that fight is practically over. 2 crit tiles, 2 protects, some direct damage, a stun & an AOE, that's pretty killer and you don't spend the AP except on yellow.

Sure it's cumbersome to use but its still very effective. Im not sure how they could improve it because it seems fine right now.

Blue murders about anything.

Purple has good direct damage with a very strong single strike tile (love those instead of spreading them on 3 tiles) but its tied to a random CD which makes it difficult for it to resolve, you can't even really plan it and the ability is called Escape plan  :D

Maybe have the CD only spawn on a single color or let us place it? That could be an improvement.
  • sinnerjfl
    Options
    Dormammu said:

Someone point me to a team where this guy fits in.
    I tend to team him up with Scarlet Witch for the amazing purple generation (and the accidental blue generation too), you can also add Coulson to speed both of their CD's. 

You can also use maybe C&D or Kingpin to generate some yellow for him.

AP stealers might be good to meet all the criteria of yellow (Hood, Loki).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:

Except it doesn't.

My boosted to 434 Fury (330) does about 35K on blue, provided all traps go off.
    That's cute, but hardly makes a dent in Thanos/Panther/other champed 5 teams, or boosted high health 4s like Agent Venom who easily has 65k+ health.

Fury is outdated and in need of a buff.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's better so see Fury's yellow as a fun challenge. Overall he's probably not your go to guy for speed in PVE or defense in PvP.  But for entertainment purposes he can be great with:
    Mockingbird and a black-green user like Vulture (or MK, TAHulk). Bobbi earns passive AP and can get a surprise 'free' power, which helps Fury's expensive costs. Certainly Vulture generates blue quickly for Fury, and his black isn't needed to count toward Fury's full effect of yellow. 

Another fun team is Cloak & Dagger and Bl4de. Quickly use C&D's cheap purple so that they are spamming yellow on the board for Fury. Gather the 5+ AP of all non-black colors, then boom once you have the conditions met. Hopefully you'll get some nice cascades from his crits, and you'll have Blade to take out anyone left standing.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    sinnerjfl said:

Except it doesn't.

My boosted to 434 Fury (330) does about 35K on blue, provided all traps go off.
    That's cute, but hardly makes a dent in Thanos/Panther/other champed 5 teams, or boosted high health 4s like Agent Venom who easily has 65k+ health.

Fury is outdated and in need of a buff.
    "Doesn't one-shot a champed 5*" isn't exactly a low bar, though. Demolition isn't the problem; for 10 AP it still does competitive damage these days. The problem is the AP cost (or the effect, I guess) of the other two powers
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His blue is taking out Dark Avengers with extreme prejudice. That's good enough for me. Not everyone needs to be a PvP star.
  • sambrookjm
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My Fury, at 5/5/3 and Boosted to LVL 368, does about 21K damage with his Demolition.  When you include match damage from the 10 blues to get him that AP, that takes out every enemy I've run into so far...including the LVL 300+ Juggernaut.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Changes are looking promising if I am reading update correctly especially for the yellow, no longer need to collect 5 of all the colors to get maximum effect, just needs to be lvl 5 and 11 not 12 to cast.  Sandman may finally have a good partner other than Vulture :)      
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

No changes to Demolition following the nerf to traps.

The buff to Avengers seems sound. I think 5/3/5 might be the go-to build.

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Depends on how the purple damage is spread out. If it's still frontloaded, 553 is probably still the way to go
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep I'm still thinking 5/5/3 as well, but we'll see.  
    Wow he is going to be fun with Cloak & Dagger spamming yellow... 
    So all you need is a red-green (and maybe +black) user to bring along. Oh, hi there Blade!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit said:
    Depends on how the purple damage is spread out. If it's still frontloaded, 553 is probably still the way to go
    I'm reading it as, better initial damage, and a faster CD with a reduced Strike strength/AP drain to compensate for improved reliability. Could be a 1-turn CD at 5 covers, which would be pretty reliable.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep I have to wait to see the specifics his blue is really solid especially when boosted but if they decrease the countdown and increase the damage to the purple enough he might be another character who you need to switch around depending on who he is partnered with.  Casting the yellow by the 3-5th turn for maximum efficiency will be great and with the good yellow generators we have now, C&D, Kingpin and Sandman it could be a somewhat spamable power.  Before we start commenting about how back Kingpin and Sandman are I am just trying to figure out optimal partners to maximize his yellow, they will also act as good meet shields also with Sandman you have two stunners on your team throw in 4Gemora and you have a very interesting team on paper anyway. :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed they switched the order for his Yellow? Hulk now shows up at 4 covers and Black Widow at 5.