**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Options

Comments

• Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How exactly does demolition work? I assumed that the damage would go to whichever character was in front at the time the trap was sprung...all the damage. I just lost a match because I triggered Demolition, and it killed my last two characters. I specifically made a match that would place my lowest level character, KK, in front, so that BP could use his Rage on the next turn and win. I just assumed I would spring a trap time, and I did...the damage killed KK straight away, but then, seemingly an afterthought, a final trap went off, killing BP as well. And I lose the battle.

Is this everyone else's experience, I was under the impression that the damage would all be taken by a single target, but that certainly wasn't the case. Any clarification would be helpful.

Thanks
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Demolition is strictly supposed to be single target damage. If more than one trap is matched, however, Demolition will proc multiple times (ie - match two traps at once, and it procs twice; match three traps, and it procs three times etc). I believe each subsequent proc from a single match subtracts the trap that has been set off before (so the first Demolition will use all 7 traps, then the second 6 traps, etc).

If the initial Demolition downs a character, the second instance of Demolition in a multi-match will hit the next character in rotation. If it doesn't down a character, it'll hit the same character again (and probably down him/her).

I'm not sure if this is intentional, or a bug, but it's been around for a while. Take home message though is, if there's a enemy Demolition on the board, avoid match 4-5s as much as possible until Fury is downed. Even better to prevent him from using a Demolition to start with.

On the other hand, if you have your own Fury, it is really, really fun to set up a match 4 for the AI with lots of trap tiles lined up along the row...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fury is boosted next week, mine is 4/5/4 and I've got iso to max him, is he worth the investment?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Fury is boosted next week, mine is 4/5/4 and I've got iso to max him, is he worth the investment?
    He's fun but not cutthroat competitive. Max him if you enjoy playing him.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Similar question: I just got another Fury cover to bring him to 3/3/2. If I leveled him to max (168), he'd be the highest character on my roster (I've got a solid 3* roster, and have been able to finish the four of the nine 4* DDQ nodes so far). I find him kind of slow, i.e. not fun -- should I level him anyway?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Similar question: I just got another Fury cover to bring him to 3/3/2. If I leveled him to max (168), he'd be the highest character on my roster (I've got a solid 3* roster, and have been able to finish the four of the nine 4* DDQ nodes so far). I find him kind of slow, i.e. not fun -- should I level him anyway?
    You should never spend ISO no any character unless you have enough covers to make him usable. I don't know what else you have, but at 3/3/2, he's not as good as a maxed 3*
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Cousin-Simpson/

Guess I'll be leveling someone else then. :\
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, there's no reason to level Fury if you don't enjoy playing him. Save your ISO for someone you actually enjoy.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    Hah, I leveled him anyway! Guess that ISO was burning a hole in my phone.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nick Fury is the only 4* I have 13 covers for, and I've already had to sell 4 more covers. I've been tempted to level him and champion him, given that 4*s apparently outclass 3*s by a wide margin now, but his meh-tier status has kept me from doing so (I leveled him to 190 to make it easier to fight Mags for the legendary token).

If my math is right, maxing him out will cost me around 250K ISO. I could champion 2.5 more 3*s with that ISO, but given that I've already got 14 (including all or nearly all of the top-10) already championed and that 3* damage was downgraded with the champion patch, I'm not sure that's worthwhile. So I guess my question about Fury can be broken into 3 parts:

1) Is he worth championing?
    2) Is he worth championing first if you don't have any top-tier 4*s covered?
    3) Is he worth championing if you don't have any other fully-covered 4*s?

In my particular instance he's #4 on my roster behind Phoenix, Surfer (both 255), and IMHB (220, 11 covers), so I don't anticipate a huge impact on scaling. Hopefully.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If my math is right, maxing him out will cost me around 250K ISO. I could champion 2.5 more 3*s with that ISO, but given that I've already got 14 (including all or nearly all of the top-10) already championed and that 3* damage was downgraded with the champion patch, I'm not sure that's worthwhile. So I guess my question about Fury can be broken into 3 parts:

1) Is he worth championing?
    2) Is he worth championing first if you don't have any top-tier 4*s covered?
    3) Is he worth championing if you don't have any other fully-covered 4*s?

In my particular instance he's #4 on my roster behind Phoenix, Surfer (both 255), and IMHB (220, 11 covers), so I don't anticipate a huge impact on scaling. Hopefully.

Here's my advice:

1. Level all 3* to around 120 (With a weekly buff this will be better than lvl 1663*). Aside from a few top tier 3*, you will always be using 4*
    2. Level all 4* to either 270 or 195. At 195, a 4* will be buffed to 270. Your overall goal is the organize your levels so that the weekly buffs brings a character upto the next character tier.
    3. If the choice is between championing a 4* or leveling 2 4* to 195, level the 2 4* first unless you need that specific champion. The reason is that your roster is much more flexible when you have 2 or more heroes at specific power levels. Specificially, You can build more teams when the buff brings your lvl195 4* to the equivalence of a champed 4* vs. having 1 350 champed 4*.

So with that said. I'd level fury to 195, and then try to level my next 4* to 195.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Champed him 5 minutes ago, already regret it. He feels like a dinosaur, a throwback to a bygone era. Needs a re-work.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's showing his age a little, but I think he's still pretty solid. Maybe relying a little too much on Demolition (savage when boosted), but the strike tile from Escape Plan is pretty decent and Avengers Assemble does quite a few things.
  • We_are_Venom
    Options
    Jaedenkaal said: 
    He's showing his age a little, but I think he's still pretty solid. Maybe relying a little too much on Demolition (savage when boosted), but the strike tile from Escape Plan is pretty decent and Avengers Assemble does quite a few things.
    His yellow is cool and all but 12 yellow and 5 in four other colors to get the most out of it is a high price. 
    With no yellow feeders in the game (KP I guess) it's a 1 (if you're lucky) and done power. For 11 blue Carter stuns and does 11k damage per CD and has a 9 AP single target destroyer. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Not being as good as Peggy Carter is hardly equivalent to being terrible.
  • We_are_Venom
    Options
    No but I didn't call him terrible either. He needs to be adjusted to reflect where things are now with character design. He's slow, costly and not strong enough to be anything other than a trophy character. I've got all the 4* boosted in PvP this week and he's easily the weakest link, and AV isn't exactly top tier, GR either.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I know that Fury is old and needs a rework (agree that purple is too expensive and that the strike tile should be fortified, and that yellow needs a complete rework), and that almost every 4* is awesome when boosted, and that if you have several other boosted 4* he doesn't compare (I'm lucky to have 2 boosted 4* champs in a given week at the moment).

But, with Fury boosted this week, lots of people use him in PVP, and when I see the stupid chair pop up, I get worried. Of course, Fury is my only boosted 4* champ this week, so I'm part of the problem...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fury was, at the time of release, the first really good 4* in the game (though xfw got a rework shortly thereafter and surpassed him).  But he is really showing his age now.  He has always been handicapped by the high costs of his powers, and blue was his only truly great skill.  But there are plenty of 4*s now that do much better damage/ap than his blue without any downsides or enemy input needed at all. 

Reduce the cost of purple to 8 and fortify the CD, leave blue as it is, and lower yellow to 10ap and reduce the color thresholds for his yellow to 3ap each.  I think that would make him a solid, but not quite top tier 4* in the current meta. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Why have a CD on Escape Plan at all, at that point?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, so Nick has been sitting on my roster at 13 covers for a while now and I held off on champing him because, well, we all know he's bottom tier. But today I got a 14th cover. I actually have an ISO surplus as I've been hoarding it until I get 14th covers and let RNG decide which 4-star gets the champ treatment. All that, combined with the fact that he's boosted right now, led me to finally champing Mr. Fury.

Someone point me to a team where this guy fits in.