**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Options

Comments

• wondering who are top characters to pair with nick exception of the hood who seem very obvious
    From a color tanking/actives standpoint:

Xforce - actives in 5 of 6 colors. Missing red.
    3*Thor - Actives in 5 of 6 colors. Missing black.
    Human torch - Actives in all 6 colors.
    Hulk - Actives in 5 of 6 colors. Missing black active, though Hulk tanks black.
    Patch - Actives in 5 of 6 colors. Missing Black.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    wondering who are top characters to pair with nick exception of the hood who seem very obvious
    From a color tanking/actives standpoint:

Xforce - actives in 5 of 6 colors. Missing red.
    3*Thor - Actives in 5 of 6 colors. Missing black.
    Human torch - Actives in all 6 colors.
    Hulk - Actives in 5 of 6 colors. Missing black active, though Hulk tanks black.
    Patch - Actives in 5 of 6 colors. Missing Black.
    Don't forget Gamora. Same colours as Human Torch. More tanky.
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    how bout punisher? rainbow color.. is he legit?
  • ayatorahxephon
    Options
    or devil dinosaur? missing black
  • I only included characters that were ranked in the top 16 in the character rankings.
    Gamora and Punisher would go fine with him, but I wouldn't recommend bringing either of those characters into PVP.

Devil Dinosaur would be fine if you have him maxed, but I'm questioning whether DDino is even worth the 430k ISO required to level him.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    I only included characters that were ranked in the top 16 in the character rankings.
    Gamora and Punisher would go fine with him, but I wouldn't recommend bringing either of those characters into PVP.

Devil Dinosaur would be fine if you have him maxed, but I'm questioning whether DDino is even worth the 430k ISO required to level him.

I wouldn't write off Gamora. While she doesn't have the intial upfront Damage of Torch, she has a lot more hit points and if you are running Fury/Hood. Gamora will tank Black for Hood and have the HP to do it, not to mention if her Black goes off, she has 3 colors making it very lethal as she'll put about another 1K worth of strike tiles on the board assuming you went 3/5/5, if you went 5/5/3 you get more control as you get another stun and some decent AoE
  • MennoKnight
    MennoKnight Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any advice on buying a cover for a 2/2/4 Fury? That's counting the 460 day purple reward already, if you're wondering.
    I know that the jump from 4 to 5 covers is usually the biggest bang for the buck, but I don't find that Escape Plan resolves often, and two crit tiles or another trap also look good.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Any advice on buying a cover for a 2/2/4 Fury? That's counting the 460 day purple reward already, if you're wondering.
    I know that the jump from 4 to 5 covers is usually the biggest bang for the buck, but I don't find that Escape Plan resolves often, and two crit tiles or another trap also look good.
    Thanks in advance.

Yeah, don't. Purple is his weakest power and you're going to get wrecked if you attempt to use that fury in pvp. Buying 4* covers is generally only advisable in the cases of xforce black (4 to 5 covers) and Goddess blue (4 to 5). Otherwise you might as well use that amount of hp to shield hop into 1300 in pvp.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Any advice on buying a cover for a 2/2/4 Fury? That's counting the 460 day purple reward already, if you're wondering.
    Thanks in advance.

IMO 5/5/3 is by far superior. Because the Escape Plan tile is 100% random where it goes, you cannot protect it, at least with Psylocke,BP, Punisher, Sentry, etc. where they go to a specific color, you can at least help defend by pre-matching those colors thus reducing chance of being matched away, trust me, yellow at 5 will serve you far better.
  • ayatorahxephon
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Thanks in advance.

Yeah, don't. Purple is his weakest power and you're going to get wrecked if you attempt to use that fury in pvp. Buying 4* covers is generally only advisable in the cases of xforce black (4 to 5 covers) and Goddess blue (4 to 5). Otherwise you might as well use that amount of hp to shield hop into 1300 in pvp.

But often when I reached 800 point or above, most pvp consist of X force and Goddess... How do those players without 4* legendary able to shield hop to 1300?
  • ark123 wrote:
    Thanks in advance.

But often when I reached 800 point or above, most pvp consist of X force and Goddess... How do those players without 4* legendary able to shield hop to 1300?
    They buy Xforce or 4hor covers.

But shield hopping to 1300 is all but extinct nowadays anyway.

The only real way to get to 1300 now is to coordinate with other players in some way. Coordinated hops off of other people etc.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Thanks in advance.

You can beat that combo with a number of 3* combos. Patch hulk comes to mind. But yes, coordinating is the easiest way.
  • ayatorahxephon
    Options
    Sorry but I don't get what does coordinate with others means...
  • Sorry but I don't get what does coordinate with others means...

Queue a friend on one of your pvp nodes. Ask him if he's shielded. When he is, you beat him. Do it x3 then tell everyone to queue you. You shield, they all hit you. Nobody loses points, everyone goes up.
  • You're not getting to 1300 if there are teams you can't even beat reliably. Coordination helps so that you don't have to worry about the guys you hit looking for blood later, but it doesn't make your friend's team magically easier to beat.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    You're not getting to 1300 if there are teams you can't even beat reliably. Coordination helps so that you don't have to worry about the guys you hit looking for blood later, but it doesn't make your friend's team magically easier to beat.

I still think 1300 is doable but it has to be for a cover everyone wants. Look at the last blue Thor cover. There were very high points because the community as a whole was pushing becasue they really wanted that cover, however next PvP was Elektra and the first time I beleive she was a PvP progression, and scores dropped. Is it because they didn't want her? Was it because people were burned out on 4hor? But the only way now to hit 1300 is with a vast majority of the community pushing, not like before where you could push off of a few. Essentially once you start hitting the 20 pointers in PvP you aren't going to go much higher in your score without a significant amount of HP.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To my people with cover maxed xforce and 4thor. I have both at 220 and Fury at 130 3/5/4, my question is, is there any reason to waste iso on Fury at this point?

Please include reasons to responses. Thanks
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To my people with cover maxed xforce and 4thor. I have both at 220 and Fury at 130 3/5/4, my question is, is there any reason to waste iso on Fury at this point?

Please include reasons to responses. Thanks

There is absolutely no reason why you would run Fury over X-Force / LadyThor because X-Force / LadyThor are miles better in power level. Fury isn't even featured in any tournaments so the only time he would ever be used is on a B team in PvE, and thats not worth the huge iso investment you need to put into a 4*.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    In most PVPs you wont have a choice for #3, and Fury will probably never be it. For open formats Id almost have to make it conditional on what your Hood looks like as he isnt just a third wheel. Of course, if you HAVE to have someone with a purple....well, seek help.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's too bad Fury seems to lack power and combo potential. His style of play seems perfect for a control team, though he overlaps fairly poorly with supports on defense (shares yellow with Hood, purple with Loki/Mystique/Doom, blue with Doom/Mystique).