**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I maxed out Fury with a 5/5/3 setup. Collected at least 5 AP for each of his Avengers Assemble abilities before unleashing his power. He damaged the primary target for 4080 hp and the rest for 1360 hp. He also stunned the primary target for 3 turns, added 2 ctrit tiles and added 2 protection tiles (163 each). Keep in mind that he does this for just 12 yellow ap. He needs, but does not use, 5 red, purple, blue and green ap. Now, you can still pop his yellow without having 5 of each supporting colors, but you will not get the full effect. (I.e. I did not have 5 green ap for one of my tests, so Hulk was not summoned to do damage, but the other avengers assembled.)
  • Unknown
    Options
    iincognito wrote:
    I maxed out Fury with a 5/5/3 setup. Collected at least 5 AP for each of his Avengers Assemble abilities before unleashing his power. He damaged the primary target for 4080 hp and the rest for 1360 hp. He also stunned the primary target for 3 turns, added 2 ctrit tiles and added 2 protection tiles (163 each). Keep in mind that he does this for just 12 yellow ap. He needs, but does not use, 5 red, purple, blue and green ap. Now, you can still pop his yellow without having 5 of each supporting colors, but you will not get the full effect. (I.e. I did not have 5 green ap for one of my tests, so Hulk was not summoned to do damage, but the other avengers assembled.)

in short he destroys the opponent and finishes the game by himself. very well done
  • Unknown
    Options
    iincognito wrote:

For 12 black (and without any other condition) you deal 3700 damage to all enemies with BP.

For 10 Purple you can deal up to 9500 (or more) damage to one guy. For 12 Purple, you do 3809 damage with Fury.

Nick Fury is really fun, yet he is not at all competitive.

For all Fury's lovers, be my guest to play him in PvP, I will not skip you at all icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    You're right he has moves that others can beat, BUT do you really want to face him WITH a Black Panther, Hood, Thor, or Sentry?
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    The time it takes a amass those different colours of 5AP makes pretty him slow to execute Avengers Assemble.

Unless, of course, you are playing in Forest.

He does sound like a fun character. Can't we have him at 5/5/5? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    The time it takes a amass those different colours of 5AP makes pretty him slow to execute Avengers Assemble.

Unless, of course, you are playing in Forest.

He does sound like a fun character. Can't we have him at 5/5/5? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Actually if you bring Hood, getting 5 AP of all colours is a by-product by the time you get to 12 yellow/blue/purple.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From what I"m seeing, it seems to me your goal is to deny Fury blue. You can probably survive most of his other skills going off, but if you trigger a blue trap, you're guy is done. Maxed Fury blue does 1505 per trap x7 = 10535 dmg. Purple will hurt but if you can take out the CD tile before it goes off you can survive.

It looks to me you'd either want 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 Fury.

Yellow and I may be wrong but it's

Cap=2 Protect Tiles
    MBW= 3 turn stun
    Hawkeye=2 2 Crit tiles
    IM35 = Dmg
    Hulk = damage and cascade?
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah I think it's green = team wide damage, red = single target damage?
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    iincognito wrote:

For 12 black (and without any other condition) you deal 3700 damage to all enemies with BP.

For 10 Purple you can deal up to 9500 (or more) damage to one guy. For 12 Purple, you do 3809 damage with Fury.

For all Fury's lovers, be my guest to play him in PvP, I will not skip you at all icon_e_biggrin.gif

I think you may have missed the point... My example does not include critical damage from any of the two crit tiles that are dropped, so there is an opportunity to pick up an additional 2-3k and a cascade. You mentioned Fury's purple damage, which is good, but you forgot about his Demolition (10 blue ap) which deals 1505 damage per trap (7 trades) for a total of 10.5k damage.

Of course, anyone can take out Fury and even BP (or any other covers) before they pick up 12 yellow or 12 black ap, especially if you go up against them with boosts to gain the advantage. Try playing him without any boosts and I think you'll find it very difficult, especially if your opponent has a complementing team.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    So do we have an agreement on an optimal build yet?
    Unlike Gipsy, I don't feel like respeccing five times for 2.5k HP per pop icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

Strongly disagree.

To start with, NF's colours are deeply underrepresented in 3* characters. Yes, Magnetic Translocation is powerful, but cMags is a target on defense and will soon be nerfed. Aside from cMags, NF is *the only other damaging purple in the game*. You're also completely ignoring the countdown tile on purple. Even if it only goes off 60% of the time, that's 9 AP and a *634* damage strike tile. It's insane. Blue? It's just Laken and IM40. Oh, yeah, and about that blue: 10535. That's one-shotting a maxed LThor. He also tanks both yellow *and* blue for Hood. Pair him with the Punisher and I think you have the most AI friendly team in the game.

Personally I'm thinking the optimum build is probably 3/5/5.

I don't feel that adding a single-target stun and splash damage/cascade is really worth the covers in yellow. The purple countdown tile is bonkers if it goes off, so I think reducing the countdown to 2 is a fairly big deal.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they've managed to make a 4* character who is not only viable, but has no single best build. It's a matter of personal choice.

It would be an interesting twist to his yellow if they removed or lowered the 5AP requirement for specific Avengers' effects when you have that member on your team, but raised it when that character is on the opponent team.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The stun effect for his yellow has the same downside as other big damage stuns -- you'll often be stunning a character who's knocked out anyway.
  • darthmental
    darthmental Posts: 104
    Options
    Can anyone lend me $100 so I can max him please? icon_e_wink.gif
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can anyone lend me $100 so I can max him please? icon_e_wink.gif

That only gets you 8 covers. Still not max'd sadly enough.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Unlike Gipsy, I don't feel like respeccing five times for 2.5k HP per pop icon_e_wink.gif

Looking at X-Men 1-3:
    Almightie, Nazerith, GIPSY_DANGER, Shinyashes: 5/5/3
    Mikeydollar7: 4/5/4
    Slobofix: 5/4/4
    Flo98: 2/5/4
    Oj334: 1/4/3
    Jochirin1: 4/4/4

SHIELD:
    Beee, Bubbleboy1977: 3/5/5
    Flash12385: 5/5/3
    franckynight: 2/5/5

Colognoisseur: 3/5/5

Interpretations of this data may vary, but I'll take a stab at it:
    - Everyone agrees blue is the best power.
    - X-Men generally prefer yellow to purple; non-X-Men generally prefer purple to yellow.
    - There are a lot of people with a lot of hp (well, less now).

Personally, I agree with everything BelligerentGnu said, and DavyBang brings up a good point too. I'd go 3/5/5 personally, although launching a fully equipped yellow looks like it'd be a ton of fun.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Thanks for the analysis, guys - I'll take 3/5/5 for now.
    Can always respec once he gets into prize rotation icon_e_smile.gif

Bye, HP and ISO stash.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you assume 25% of the board is matchable then there's about a 50% chance a 2 CD Escape Plan will be destroyed by a player from just normal matches (average 4 tiles per turn = 16 tiles = 25% more chance, plus the existing 25% chance that any player will immediately use) versus 62.5% chance if it's a 3 turn CD. When used on the AI it's simply 25% versus 37.5% chance because the AI has no special bias toward destroying special tiles.

For the AP steal, assume that the enemy always have 3 AP in their strongest color (got to start somewhere), then at level 3 it steals 3 AP, and it can steal 3 to (AP consuming ability of that color-1)/2, so for example against Thor, whose strongest color is red, you're expected to steal 5 AP on average (if Thor has 8 or more AP he'd have used it). The maximum average expected AP to steal would be 6, against someone like Daken (green with no active green) or Captain America.

Since there are no numbers listed for what the final green abilities does it's pretty hard to speculate on the tradeoff between yellow and purple. The 5th cover for purple matters a lot more for defensive than offense since on defense the player gets an extra 25% chance to destroy it for the ability to recognize that it has to be destroyed immediately. The AP steal is more context dependent and going from 3 to 9 AP is actually pretty weak against someone like Punisher or Thor who has a relatively cheap ability on their strongest color.

His yellow also requires some thinking on team composition, since you don't want anyone with a cheap red or green as those are the damaging components. The Hood provides AP but may interefere on whether his yellow gets used at all. A team like Hulk/Fury/Patch would maximize his yellow's potential, though I'm not sure if this is a great team overall.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Looking at X-Men 1-3:
    Almightie, Nazerith, GIPSY_DANGER, Shinyashes: 5/5/3
    Mikeydollar7: 4/5/4
    Slobofix: 5/4/4
    Flo98: 2/5/4
    Oj334: 1/4/3
    Jochirin1: 4/4/4

SHIELD:
    Beee, Bubbleboy1977: 3/5/5
    Flash12385: 5/5/3
    franckynight: 2/5/5

Colognoisseur: 3/5/5

Interpretations of this data may vary, but I'll take a stab at it:
    - Everyone agrees blue is the best power.
    - X-Men generally prefer yellow to purple; non-X-Men generally prefer purple to yellow.
    - There are a lot of people with a lot of hp (well, less now).

Personally, I agree with everything BelligerentGnu said, and DavyBang brings up a good point too. I'd go 3/5/5 personally, although launching a fully equipped yellow looks like it'd be a ton of fun.

Keep in mind the guys with a lot of HP probably went with 0/5/5 first, and while yellow versus purple is up to debate, yellow is certainly not so strong that you'd waste an addtiional 2500 or 5000 HP to get it to level 5 after you already maxed purple.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Imo it's 3/5/5 (I can't afford any Fury covers but hey): yellow is all flashy and cool, and maybe even doable along with the Hood, but it's a little bit of everything and doesn't actually do any one thing well, so one might as well invest into Fury's unique and specialized abilities.

5 blue seems a no-brainer, and purple will be one of the only good purple abilities in-game, more than that, one of the only direct damage purple abilities (with a hint of support yet). You will definitely bring Fury with the intention of using both his blue and purple, Fury is designed to complement full rainbow teams (simply because he has an active purple), whose purple are you gonna prefer over his? Not the two-star oBW's for sure? So why not max it as well. It has an immediate damage effect besides leaving a powerful 2 turn CD tile (CD tiles still suck though), whereas for the same amount of yellow AP (assuming not enough of other AP) you will have what, 2 protect tiles?

Don't get me wrong, yellow is unique in itself, too, and it seems to be very good on paper. I think you can live without weak mBW/Hulk effects added, since most of the time you will be unable to pull off most of the Avengers SFX anyway. Of course, one can reason that maxing yellow allows to use it whenever you have 12 yellow and 5-10 AP of other Avengers colours, not just red and purple, but I don't think Fury's purple that has the same cost (without extra requirements) deserves the treatment of being capped at 3.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11784 < Weakest colour poll; purple wins by a landslide.