**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Options

Comments

• TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seems like someone actually worth collecting and leveling.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Seems like someone actually worth collecting and leveling.

I don't see a lot of hard core players waiting the year to collect 13 Fury covers.

If I don't burn out before getting 5, $100 might be temping to buy out the remaining 8.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Getting pretty nervous fury is gonna be the P2W character that kills this game....
  • Unknown
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    Getting pretty nervous fury is gonna be the P2W character that kills this game....

Future Meme Predictor-

th?id=HN.608004070345936403&pid=15.1

"I'm tired of these MOTHER F***ING P2W players winning every MOTHER F***ING TOURNEY!"
  • Unknown
    Options
    Seems like it detonates (number of trap - 1) if an enemy matches it? If you have two traps it definitely doesn't do 2 times the listed damage, just once. Still if it's maxed it should easily take out anyone in one hit if they hit the trap while all 7 are up.

Escape Plan is not as good as it looks since it places the tile anywhere so you can't possibly defend it either.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I missed it, is the trap placement random? (Random basic tiles, not just blue?)
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I missed it, is the trap placement random? (Random basic tiles, not just blue?)

Random tiles.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Well that makes it all kinds of better than DD. All the more value to special tile spam then.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Seems like it detonates (number of trap - 1) if an enemy matches it? If you have two traps it definitely doesn't do 2 times the listed damage, just once. Still if it's maxed it should easily take out anyone in one hit if they hit the trap while all 7 are up.

Escape Plan is not as good as it looks since it places the tile anywhere so you can't possibly defend it either.

Ehhh, even so. Colo's NF is doing 3020 damage for 12 purple at level 189 - even if the countdown tile only goes off a percentage of the time, that's still a pretty hefty chunk of damage, especially for purple.

It'd be good to nail down this weirdness about the trap detonations though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Ehhh, even so. Colo's NF is doing 3020 damage for 12 purple at level 189 - even if the countdown tile only goes off a percentage of the time, that's still a pretty hefty chunk of damage, especially for purple.

It'd be good to nail down this weirdness about the trap detonations though.

It's worse than Magnetic Translocation if the CD tile didn't resolve, but that's probably fair. It's just awfully hard to protect that tile.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    It's worse than Magnetic Translocation if the CD tile didn't resolve, but that's probably fair. It's just awfully hard to protect that tile.

True, but Magnetic Translocation is also the *only* other damaging purple ability. Given everything else NF comes with (4* stats, active yellow and blue damage abilities, which are still rare), I think it makes sense that it's a bit weaker. NF's still a bomb.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have 3 Green covers for IW and can max her lvl 66. I'm wondering if I buy one cover for Nick would I be able to get him to lvl 66 (One Blue, One Purple)? I'm wondering because I've seen 3 covers for X-Farce and his max was 50 ??? I'm confused, I don't want to spend the money and then not be able to get him to a usable lvl.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    But 66 is not a usable level for a 4*. Heck, it's only mildly usable for a 2*.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll be fooling around with Fury in both Hood PvP and SHIELD sim for the next day or so; if you want to see how he works in the AI hands go ahead and have some fun.

You showed up for me in the Hood tourney. I had to give it a try. Played one match to win (and succeeded), played a second match to let Fury get off his abilities.

My first impressions? Sentry's a tougher opponent than Fury. Don't get me wrong, if Fury gets off his abilities it's pretty much "oh **** I'm screwed". That strike tile is ridiculous and avoiding the traps is pure luck. But during the first match I didn't have any trouble denying Fury the AP he needed. Sentry's yellow and green are harder to deny. Sentry got off his yellow and then very nearly got off his green (thank you, Hood) during that first match. The lack of color overlap between Fury and Sentry may have played into it, too -- it's pretty hard to deny the opposing team every color.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    I'll be fooling around with Fury in both Hood PvP and SHIELD sim for the next day or so; if you want to see how he works in the AI hands go ahead and have some fun.

You showed up for me in the Hood tourney. I had to give it a try. Played one match to win (and succeeded), played a second match to let Fury get off his abilities.

My first impressions? Sentry's a tougher opponent than Fury. Don't get me wrong, if Fury gets off his abilities it's pretty much "oh **** I'm screwed". That strike tile is ridiculous and avoiding the traps is pure luck. But during the first match I didn't have any trouble denying Fury the AP he needed. Sentry's yellow and green are harder to deny. Sentry got off his yellow and then very nearly got off his green (thank you, Hood) during that first match. The lack of color overlap between Fury and Sentry may have played into it, too -- it's pretty hard to deny the opposing team every color.
    That's what makes fury interesting. Both yellow and purple are fairly low priority colors, so you're split between denying them, or denying the more popular colors (and powering your own abilities)
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    escobero wrote:
    I have 3 Green covers for IW and can max her lvl 66. I'm wondering if I buy one cover for Nick would I be able to get him to lvl 66 (One Blue, One Purple)? I'm wondering because I've seen 3 covers for X-Farce and his max was 50 ??? I'm confused, I don't want to spend the money and then not be able to get him to a usable lvl.
    The first cover in each character ability doesn't give that many levels. Only the covers after that will start increasing max level more. So 3 covers, one for each color, will give a lower max level than 3 covers of one color. And yeah, as other people said 4* won't be that useful probably until mid to high 100's.
  • Unknown
    Options
    All of Nick Fury's ability seems well thought out as opposed to 'let's have a guy with the second highest HP in the game and attacks that do more damage than anyone else, and then let's do it again. What can possibly go wrong?', so I doubt you'll see him displacing the broken tier guys. He's probably about as powerful as a character can be expected to while still remain balanced. He has high HPs, and all his moves are devastating but they take a long time to get ready and there is usually something you can do about it. His abilities are on the weak colors (only Sentry, Thor, and Magneto has a strong attack on Nick Fury's colors, and all 3 of those guys are broken) which makes denying him an awfully risky proposition.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think that they should make his blue trigger ALL TRAPS when opponent matches them. This would make him slightly better but at the same time make Daredevil much better as well it would give some more room to develop cool "trap" Characters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    escobero wrote:
    I think that they should make his blue trigger ALL TRAPS when opponent matches them. This would make him slightly better but at the same time make Daredevil much better as well it would give some more room to develop cool "trap" Characters.

It sounds like you trigger every trap minus the one the opponent matched, but it's impossible to test this with only 1 cover (2 traps results 1 trap triggered, which is impossible to tell whether it detonated the one that was triggered or the one that wasn't triggered). Can someone who can put down more than 2 traps verify? Right now, the 2 trap behavior goes like this. Suppose trap does 300 damage per trap, if enemy matches it, you'll see both traps go off but the enemy will only take 300 damage, so there's no way to tell which trap counted for the detontation other than that it's not all of them.
  • Unknown
    Options
    By ALL TRAPS I meant both Nick's traps and any other traps that your team has setup. So if you played with Daredevil (lets face it he needs the help) it would trigger his traps as well when the opponent makes a match. All of Nick's traps detonate when the opponent makes a match as is.