**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I was excited.. and then disappointed oh so quickly. icon_neutral.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but does anyone know will he be in one of the packs so the ones who couldn't find a good alliance get him?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mockingjay wrote:
    Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but does anyone know will he be in one of the packs so the ones who couldn't find a good alliance get him?
    Probably 1-2 months after his actual release tourney (which isn't this)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    mockingjay wrote:
    Probably 1-2 months after his actual release tourney (which isn't this)
    Damn that sucks lol. Thanks for the reply
  • Unknown
    Options
    Traditionally characters take a while to make their way to heroic token but in Fury's case, it seems like he should be there much sooner to get people to buy more heroic tokens. But maybe laziness can still trump greed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So lvl78 Fury, Yellow power 12 ap, Cap throws a shield for 2 randomly placed protect tiles (any basic tile), strength 86 each.
  • Spoit
    Options
    So, any whales find out what all 5 levels of yellow do yet?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    So, any whales find out what all 5 levels of yellow do yet?
    Arktos has 3 yellow.

Level 1: Yellow Captain America
    Level 2: Red Iron Man
    Level 3: Purple Hawkeye
    Level 4: Blue Modern Black Widow
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Yellow ability, since I had HP from the last sale:

1: 12 yellow for Captain America
    2: Requires 5 red for Iron Man "charged and locked on"
    3: Requres 5 purple for Hawkeye "aiming to win"
    4: Requires 5 blue for Black Widow "set up to stun"
    5: Requires 5 green for Hulk "hungry to smash"

Iron Man I tihnk just does damage (1300 at level 74), Hawkeye places _two_ crit tiles randomly (at level 74), Hulk erm...I dunno maybe smashed some tiles and did some damage, Black Widow stunned for 3 turns (I was playing against Ragnarok in the prologue, so I don't know if it's everyone or just current target)

Edit: oh yeah the graphic just has all those heroes doing one of their animations; Hawkeye his shooting arrow from the 1 star, Iron Man the 1 star yellow ability, Hulk his red, the other two it all happened so fast I didn't notice...
  • Spoit
    Options
    The phrasing is unclear. Did you need 5 in every other color to use the power? or did it just do the extra characters for the ones you had the AP for
  • hamsingame
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    The phrasing is unclear. Did you need 5 in every other color to use the power? or did it just do the extra characters for the ones you had the AP for

I waited til I had 5, I'll do it again and see with just Blue so I can see the animations.

Edit: Okay yup you just get the heroes you had the colours for. Shieldbro is his 2 star erm blue or red animation (I cant remember which is which, or if they're identical), Black Widow is her 1 star stunning animation and only stuns current target.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Ok, that's a lot more flexible then. Depending on the actual numbers, especially for hulk, I'm debating between 4/5/4 (I can wait an extra turn in exchange for a stun), or 5/5/3 (talking about the steal, is it from the enemy's strongest match tile overall (like BP), or the selected enemy, or the one with the largest pool, or what?)
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Thanks hamsingame. One more question.

So if you have 5 AP in all the required colours, and you have 12 AP to use the ability, so all the various abilities get executed one by one when you use Avengers Assemble? If that's the case, that's...a lot of animation to go through...
  • hamsingame
    Options
    It happens pretty quickly...each persons one is like a sped up version, and it's like Cap comes out middle of screen, then the rest just sort of overlap with each other in slightly different quadrants of the screen. The whole thing is probably faster than 3* Magneto's red ability
  • Unknown
    Options
    The stats of Fury have been updated here, I'll copy and paste similar figures but you can see already :

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... _131_-_270

About his yellow abilities... You get one of the 1* character ability (Tested with Iron Man and Hawkeye so far).

Fury is definitely not a game breaker. For the price, he's not worth the investment, sorry to say.

It's already good that they shifted 40 levels, or he would have been useless (that's what I was saying even before the level shift).
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am just checking Gypsy Danger to get info about Nick Fury and he already respec Nick twice in the matter of 20 minutes. Surely he is loaded, right? Right? Wasted at least 2500 HP like it is nothing.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    The stats of Fury have been updated here, I'll copy and paste similar figures but you can see already :

About his yellow abilities... You get one of the 1* character ability (Tested with Iron Man and Hawkeye so far).

Fury is definitely not a game breaker. For the price, he's not worth the investment, sorry to say.

It's already good that they shifted 40 levels, or he would have been useless (that's what I was saying even before the level shift).
    You couldnt be more wrong.. He is tanking colors usually worthless with strong abilities..pairing him with hood and sentry he simply put you over the top... He is not a one man army like patch or mag are but he is definitely top tier..
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

You couldnt be more wrong.. He tanked colors usually worthless with strong abilities..paired with hood and sentry he simply put you over the top... He is not a one man army like patch or mag are but he is definitely top tier..

He will be amazing pairing up with Hood/Sentry or Hood/Thor.

When Cmag get nerf, he will be even more amazing, with his blue skill being so ridiculous and all.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    At level 70 you get 2 protect tiles at 82 for 12 yellow.

Keep in mind Fury has polar opposite colors to Hulk, Torch, Storm and Punisher. Almost every great character in the game has red and green paired.

Compare him to characters with 2 of his 3 colors and only CMags is in the same league.
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

You couldnt be more wrong.. He is tanking colors usually worthless with strong abilities..pairing him with hood and sentry he simply put you over the top... He is not a one man army like patch or mag are but he is definitely top tier..

No problem, please share your own experience once you have maxed him.