**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Options

Comments

• Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    I'll be fooling around with Fury in both Hood PvP and SHIELD sim for the next day or so; if you want to see how he works in the AI hands go ahead and have some fun.

You showed up for me in the Hood tourney. I had to give it a try. Played one match to win (and succeeded), played a second match to let Fury get off his abilities.

My first impressions? Sentry's a tougher opponent than Fury. Don't get me wrong, if Fury gets off his abilities it's pretty much "oh **** I'm screwed". That strike tile is ridiculous and avoiding the traps is pure luck. But during the first match I didn't have any trouble denying Fury the AP he needed. Sentry's yellow and green are harder to deny. Sentry got off his yellow and then very nearly got off his green (thank you, Hood) during that first match. The lack of color overlap between Fury and Sentry may have played into it, too -- it's pretty hard to deny the opposing team every color.
    That's what makes fury interesting. Both yellow and purple are fairly low priority colors, so you're split between denying them, or denying the more popular colors (and powering your own abilities)

Took my crack at him, too. Survived World Rupture, downed Hood, and then ate a Supernova. Thought it would get really nasty as Fury banked 10 purple, then didn't pull the trigger. He matched another purple to 13 and still didn't use escape plan. After 3 turns of the computer sitting on enough ap to fire it off, I finally had the ap for call of the storm to win.

Ugly win with huge damage, but Fury sat through the entire fight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    escobero wrote:
    I think that they should make his blue trigger ALL TRAPS when opponent matches them. This would make him slightly better but at the same time make Daredevil much better as well it would give some more room to develop cool "trap" Characters.

It sounds like you trigger every trap minus the one the opponent matched, but it's impossible to test this with only 1 cover (2 traps results 1 trap triggered, which is impossible to tell whether it detonated the one that was triggered or the one that wasn't triggered). Can someone who can put down more than 2 traps verify? Right now, the 2 trap behavior goes like this. Suppose trap does 300 damage per trap, if enemy matches it, you'll see both traps go off but the enemy will only take 300 damage, so there's no way to tell which trap counted for the detontation other than that it's not all of them.

Confirmed. Fired Demolition twice in a match, creating 4 tiles. Enemy matched one, and all traps detonated, dealing 1044 damage. Damage = number of traps -1.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    they have all his powers and 7 traps....at 189 they do 1194 each....like....damn
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Nick_Fury_(Director_of_S.H.I.E.L.D.)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    escobero wrote:
    I think that they should make his blue trigger ALL TRAPS when opponent matches them. This would make him slightly better but at the same time make Daredevil much better as well it would give some more room to develop cool "trap" Characters.

It sounds like you trigger every trap minus the one the opponent matched, but it's impossible to test this with only 1 cover (2 traps results 1 trap triggered, which is impossible to tell whether it detonated the one that was triggered or the one that wasn't triggered). Can someone who can put down more than 2 traps verify? Right now, the 2 trap behavior goes like this. Suppose trap does 300 damage per trap, if enemy matches it, you'll see both traps go off but the enemy will only take 300 damage, so there's no way to tell which trap counted for the detontation other than that it's not all of them.

Confirmed. Fired Demolition twice in a match, creating 4 tiles. Enemy matched one, and all traps detonated, dealing 1044 damage. Damage = number of traps -1.
    Oh geeze, maybe I take back what I said about him being overhyped then
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moonstone cant steal furys countdown tiles. Anyone know is this intended or a bug? Shouldnt she be able to steal any opponents countdown tiles? Also if you click that tile, there isnt any description what it will do like in goon tiles ( or others) there always is.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hey guys, I see a bunch of people running around with Nick Fury 0/5/5@lvl 189. Is it possible to have that much ISO and HP? The worst thing is, the last cover isn't released, so even if they did have the points, wouldn't they want to wait until the last cover is released so they don't waste two extra covers? I see a couple of rosters that are like that, and in my bracket, there is currently a user with that setup. Just curious as to how they are doing it when I can barely get 141 characters maxed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hey guys, I see a bunch of people running around with Nick Fury 0/5/5@lvl 189. Is it possible to have that much ISO and HP?

People spend money. Colognoisseur is basically an explorer mapping out rough terrain for f2pers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hey guys, I see a bunch of people running around with Nick Fury 0/5/5@lvl 189. Is it possible to have that much ISO and HP? The worst thing is, the last cover isn't released, so even if they did have the points, wouldn't they want to wait until the last cover is released so they don't waste two extra covers? I see a couple of rosters that are like that, and in my bracket, there is currently a user with that setup. Just curious as to how they are doing it when I can barely get 141 characters maxed.

$$$$
  • Unknown
    Options
    killer_whale_1.jpg.
  • Unknown
    Options
    killer_whale_1.jpg.
    What he posted.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Having that kind of iso isn't very hard from just playing. Getting 0/5/5 would take 8*2500 = 20K HP, so basically $100. If it deters other people from attacking you, that's not a bad investment.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Having that kind of iso isn't very hard from just playing. Getting 0/5/5 would take 8*2500 = 20K HP, so basically $100. If it deters other people from attacking you, that's not a bad investment.

At this stage, Fury is quite weak, so I wouldn't bet on that.

I just hope he'll get better with the yellow covers, as I am not overly excited by him at the moment.

It takes 250K ISO to level him up to 189.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't think Nick fury is too week. In his current state, those traps will do lots of damage. Even now, when I fight against Daredevil I need to ensure that I have taken with me because I've been killed by his traps. Now imagine 7 traps, each doing 1194 @ lvl189. So that's instant death for one character. The Excape plan is a countdown that will basically down, or almost kill a character and will steal 9 ap from your pool. And leaving a 500+ attack tile will probably make my team fall quickly. His costs aren't extremely expensive either. 13 AP is not unheard of.

I know I will probably never be able to get him, or if I do, he'll be VERY low and I was just dreading the day when all I see is Nick Fury all over pvp (if it ever comes). Once that happens, I think that's the end for me. I've seen a couple maxed out just by randomly looking at rosters and am starting to get worried.
  • Unknown
    Options
    When I played him, there were bugs. With some cascades you can lose many traps. Unlike DD.

As of now, I am not at all convinced. The Purple ability is nothing compared to the one of Cmag's...

Wait and see for the fully maxed Fury and his yellow Ability.
  • Unknown
    Options
    they have all his powers and 7 traps....at 189 they do 1194 each....like....damn

Yep, I filled this page up icon_e_smile.gif

Finally understood that when the trap tile is matched by the enemy all traps explode. Thought it was a bug at first. So blue is not so good after all. See how much damage is done by Daken for 5 tiles ?

The shift is a good thing because Fury would not be so good otherwise, for the cost.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

Yep, I filled this page up icon_e_smile.gif

Finally understood that when the trap tile is matched by the enemy all traps explode. Thought it was a bug at first. So blue is not so good after all. See how much damage is done by Daken for 5 tiles ?

The shift is a good thing because Fury would not be so good otherwise, for the cost.

Are you kidding this guy is going to be insane. Right NOW at maxed level 229 which is what people have him at 0/5/5 if you trigger 1 tile you take 1447x7= for 10,129 so basically you destroy that guy. Purple at that level is 3662 dmg. Only to be more. Yeah, Fury is broken IMO. The only thing that will keep him semi balanced is if all his skills are good you'll have to **** a few depending on your preference. I am curious about his yellow though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Has anyone confirmed whether the bug fix on his demolition has gone through yet?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone confirmed whether the bug fix on his demolition has gone through yet?
    I can confirm that is has been fixed. Playing around with him in SHIELD Sim and my opponent just triggered one and took damage for the combined value of both traps.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So close to release... any spoilers? icon_razz.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The nerf-on-release is still being worked on, but it might be something like this.
      Avengers Assemble! - Yellow 12 AP
      With the world in peril, Director Fury summons Earth's mightiest heroes. The Sentinel of Liberty, Captain America, is first on the scene, converting the team's red and blue AP into countdown timers that will return in 3 turns.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2 – Iron Man heeds the call, draining 2 AP from all remaining colors and stunning Nick for 2 turns. Level 3 – Black Widow heeds the call, doing 20% temporary healing. Level 4 – Hulk heeds the call, very angry, doing 30% damage to allies. Level 5 – Hawkeye heeds the call, shoving Nick in back while doubling damage for everyone else.
      Max Level: Nick is stunned, drained, and all teammates are dead.