S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1

Options

Comments

• Tried to join late got a 5DV, 2 Djangos, and a Retribution member already in my top 10. Wonder who else is hiding. Yay?

EDIT:
    Mizake wrote:
    I'm in your same bracket kidicarus, so much for joining late.... icon_e_biggrin.gif

It's shaping up to be an ugly free-for-all lol

Looks like I'm in the tail end of this bracket. I joined at like #4800
  • It seems extremely difficult to get past 1000 points in the shield simulator, I only have a 2 star team but seeing multiple teams of 3 stars is discouraging, have to skip to find 2 star teams and even then can't face more than 1-2 before having to heal.
  • It seems extremely difficult to get past 1000 points in the shield simulator, I only have a 2 star team but seeing multiple teams of 3 stars is discouraging, have to skip to find 2 star teams and even then can't face more than 1-2 before having to heal.

It's still real early. I think the majority of people are going to join much later. Especially with this grueling PvE event going off and taking up everyone's time. Your pool of possible opponents should open up next week, allowing you to make better strides.
  • Anybody recognize anyone from there season brackets right now? Im sitting next to dj theophulus right now at 60th. I've seen slobofix (everyone's favorite non cheater icon_e_wink.gif ) and right now I have some guy named jimbojim24 who has ten pages in his roster including several duplicate two stars maxed. Suspicious? Probably but I'm to lazy to report him. (Been hanging with my 3* cap and thor to long icon_e_wink.gif ) I got a guy from X-men immortal rage and x-poles. Needless to say this will be the most interesting ending of an event. I'll shoot for top 10 cause that's just the kinda guy I am but will I get it? Maybe maybe not. Good luck to all in the first season of shield. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Well well well, Mr. Spider-man 6234 (I hope that number isn't your credit card pin code icon_razz.gif ) it seems that we're in the same bracket as I too have jimbojim24 in my top 10.

P.S. Hope you're alliance is going well. I'm happy with my decision.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Milkrain wrote:
    Anybody recognize anyone from there season brackets right now? Im sitting next to dj theophulus right now at 60th. I've seen slobofix (everyone's favorite non cheater icon_e_wink.gif ) and right now I have some guy named jimbojim24 who has ten pages in his roster including several duplicate two stars maxed. Suspicious? Probably but I'm to lazy to report him. (Been hanging with my 3* cap and thor to long icon_e_wink.gif ) I got a guy from X-men immortal rage and x-poles. Needless to say this will be the most interesting ending of an event. I'll shoot for top 10 cause that's just the kinda guy I am but will I get it? Maybe maybe not. Good luck to all in the first season of shield. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Well well well, Mr. Spider-man 6234 (I hope that number isn't your credit card pin code icon_razz.gif ) it seems that we're in the same bracket as I too have jimbojim24 in my top 10.

P.S. Hope you're alliance is going well. I'm happy with my decision.

Well it'll be fun to "trash talk" icon_e_wink.gif with some forumites for a change. In response to your p.s. the alliance is doing well. We are top 100 in the hunt pushing for top 50. In hollow point we are currently top 50 but with everyone focusing mainly on the pve probably going to settle for top 100 to get that thor cover. I'm glad your happy with your alliance. Wish you all the best. Cheers mate icon_e_smile.gif
  • Anyone else finding the amount of grinding that's already gone on in SHIELD training to be insane?

People have gotten all the way up to 1800 and shielded even though the event runs for another 23 days.

I'll admit that I've done a decent amount of training the past few days, partially to grind for ISO to cover max my GSBW, but I quit pushing in the 600s.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    Anyone else finding the amount of grinding that's already gone on in SHIELD training to be insane?

People have gotten all the way up to 1800 and shielded even though the event runs for another 23 days.

I'll admit that I've done a decent amount of training the past few days, partially to grind for ISO to cover max my GSBW, but I quit pushing in the 600s.

Same. I'll probably be the tortoise in that I'll only play it every so often but still get to 1500-1600. Was really hoping that the community will be able to push for those spidey and gsbw covers as I could use both. But if we can't oh well. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I've been doing some fighting in it, but mainly for ISO. I generally have a few people I'm using in the PVE, a few in the PVP, and then I use the others in SHIELD training. Since I'm just now getting into mid-high 2* teams at around 800, it's a nice mindless way to play casually with little-to-no risk. Plus, every 100 points, I get a 100 ISO bonus.

I only need the GSBW cover (and it's not one I'm dying for), so I'll probably keep on like this until I start hitting high-to-maxed 3* teams.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Anyone else finding the amount of grinding that's already gone on in SHIELD training to be insane?

Same. I'll probably be the tortoise in that I'll only play it every so often but still get to 1500-1600. Was really hoping that the community will be able to push for those spidey and gsbw covers as I could use both. But if we can't oh well. icon_e_smile.gif

There will be a push all right... starting with probably 2-3 days left in the season when SHIELD Training becomes one of the easiest ways to accumulate a ton of points so that people can jockey for position.

I'm hesitant to push too early before then because I won't exactly be able to "bank" those points like the ones for Hollowpoint Kiss or Doctor's Orders.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Tried to join late got a 5DV, 2 Djangos, and a Retribution member already in my top 10. Wonder who else is hiding. Yay?

EDIT:
    Mizake wrote:
    I'm in your same bracket kidicarus, so much for joining late.... icon_e_biggrin.gif

It's shaping up to be an ugly free-for-all lol

Looks like I'm in the tail end of this bracket. I joined at like #4800

Aw yeah, it's like a party in here. Good luck to my fellow bracket players and may the cascades be ever in your favor.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I don't recognize anyone in my bracket yet either.

I am also dumbfounded by the people that are shielded in the simulator with 23 days to go.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Six of the top ten in my bracket are shielded. I don't understand either. The progression rewards aren't even worth using shields to gain higher points.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    Six of the top ten in my bracket are shielded.
    It's not bracketed, we all see the same shielded guys icon_e_smile.gif
  • Shield simulator is unbracketed, no? I'm guessing we are probably seeing the same A.C Milan, Borndarkne55 etc.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You're all right, the season as a whole is bracketed, SHIELD simulator isn't. The repeated Daken/Bullseye fights are obviously getting to me. icon_razz.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Toxicadam & akboyce: my inner creepy little girl says "I seeeeeee yooooooouuuuu." Bubbleboy is also in our SHIELD global bracket, no?

entropic01: Ooh ooh, which two Djangos?
  • HailMary wrote:
    Toxicadam & akboyce: my inner creepy little girl says "I seeeeeee yooooooouuuuu." Bubbleboy is also in our SHIELD global bracket, no?

Ferret and noob, I'm in the same bracket!
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:

"HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER"

and to think I was actually monitoring the HPK alliance rankings to see when shield and 5DV were joining - Thought that everyone in shield had already joined a bracket and waited a whole day before joining!

The best laid plans...
  • well i only have like 90 points over all in the season (trying to rank high in The Hunt to get tokens to try to improve my 2* covers so i can have higher than level 50 heroes to do better in PvP)

And now that shield trianing is gone in the prologue going to have to do alot of shield trianing in the event in order to like... improve wolvie, thor marvel now and my Modern Cap.

Speaking of prologue shield training, are those points going to be transferred to our total score in the Season 1? I hope so so it can help me out
  • kidicarus wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

"HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER"

and to think I was actually monitoring the HPK alliance rankings to see when shield and 5DV were joining - Thought that everyone in shield had already joined a bracket and waited a whole day before joining!

The best laid plans...
    HAHAHA BRACKET FROM HELL