S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1

Options

Comments

• Anybody recognize anyone from there season brackets right now? Im sitting next to dj theophulus right now at 60th. I've seen slobofix (everyone's favorite non cheater icon_e_wink.gif ) and right now I have some guy named jimbojim24 who has ten pages in his roster including several duplicate two stars maxed. Suspicious? Probably but I'm to lazy to report him. (Been hanging with my 3* cap and thor to long icon_e_wink.gif ) I got a guy from X-men immortal rage and x-poles. Needless to say this will be the most interesting ending of an event. I'll shoot for top 10 cause that's just the kinda guy I am but will I get it? Maybe maybe not. Good luck to all in the first season of shield. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Got in the same bracket with y'all - I mostly care about the Fury cover, so I'll be fighting for alliance honor rather than burning undue HP on shields to take home 3 or 4 10 packs instead of 2 or 3. Won't touch Shield training until the last stretch, so I plan to ninja my way on the leaderboard at the end. Good luck to you too!
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Anybody recognize anyone from there season brackets right now? Im sitting next to dj theophulus right now at 60th. I've seen slobofix (everyone's favorite non cheater icon_e_wink.gif ) and right now I have some guy named jimbojim24 who has ten pages in his roster including several duplicate two stars maxed. Suspicious? Probably but I'm to lazy to report him. (Been hanging with my 3* cap and thor to long icon_e_wink.gif ) I got a guy from X-men immortal rage and x-poles. Needless to say this will be the most interesting ending of an event. I'll shoot for top 10 cause that's just the kinda guy I am but will I get it? Maybe maybe not. Good luck to all in the first season of shield. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Got in the same bracket with y'all - I mostly care about the Fury cover, so I'll be fighting for alliance honor rather than burning undue HP on shields to take home 3 or 4 10 packs instead of 2 or 3. Won't touch Shield training until the last stretch, so I plan to ninja my way on the leaderboard at the end. Good luck to you too!

Ugh not WYP!!!! Please tell me your the only shield person I have to worry about ninjaing to the top?!?! icon_eek.gif Well my bracket just got that much harder. I think that all the others are probably going to be this hard of course but still.... WYP icon_cry.gif
  • Hmm I reported someone currently in the top 10 of the shield simulator last week, still around it appears. Different Alliance now too. Sol commander, go figure.
  • Please tell me your the only shield person I have to worry about ninjaing to the top?!?!

As far as I know, yes. We've been trying to make sure none of us end up overlapping on this. Honestly, it's 96% just because none of us want to end up in Reckless442's bracket, lol. Whoever lands in that one should stock up on silver polish, because the gold is spoken for.
  • Please tell me your the only shield person I have to worry about ninjaing to the top?!?!

As far as I know, yes. We've been trying to make sure none of us end up overlapping on this. Honestly, it's 96% just because none of us want to end up in Reckless442's bracket, lol. Whoever lands in that one should stock up on silver polish, because the gold is spoken for.

plus or minus 4%

I feel like Reckless is like the hulk in the avengers. They are all very happy to have him on the team but they are all afraid of him.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Please tell me your the only shield person I have to worry about ninjaing to the top?!?!

I feel like Reckless is like the hulk in the avengers. They are all very happy to have him on the team but they are all afraid of him.

Very true. And for the record, it is "HER." yes, we have women and minorities in the group icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    Please tell me your the only shield person I have to worry about ninjaing to the top?!?!

Actually the comparison to She-Hulk would be incredibly accurate.
    Finally, there seems to be a misperception about S.H.I.E.L.D. Granted, we play the game a lot. But we all have lives, families, and jobs. One of our members was gone this weekend for a conference and didn't participate in the last PVP. Another is taking law school exams. I'm a practicing attorney. The notion that we are "pro" players who do nothing other than MPQ is just wrong.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:

Very true. And for the record, it is "HER." yes, we have women and minorities in the group icon_e_smile.gif

Obviously part of recruiting strategy.
  • sms4002 wrote:

haha wow nice! equal opportunity dominators! My apologies to Reckless then!
  • Is A.R.E.S a forum member? Dude's in first in my bracket, in fourth in SHIELD training, and some quick math showed me he must have reached 1100 in the Widow event. I'm surprised to see such a performance by someone I've never heard of.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options

66,000 in shield training. 14 brackets worth. You have anyone sitting out of PVP until next week? icon_twisted.gif
  • Anybody recognize anyone from there season brackets right now?

I'm not recognizing anyone at a glance, nor am I seeing anybody from any of the typical high-ranking alliances (SHIELD, ScAvengers, 5DV, Django Unbuffed, etc.)
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Is A.R.E.S a forum member? Dude's in first in my bracket, in fourth in SHIELD training, and some quick math showed me he must have reached 1100 in the Widow event. I'm surprised to see such a performance by someone I've never heard of.

I'm in that same bracket. A.R.E.S. has a 700 point lead on second currently, sitting comfortably at 2500. Craziness.
  • Shield training is going to greatly skew your ability to see how "good" ppl are doing until the last week or so as someone not doing shield at all can jump pretty high the last few days. 2000 pts in shield is equal to around 2 ENTIRE events, so expect some ppl who will emactually be topping brackets to be in the hundreds until the last few days.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    And they seem seriously misguided... I mean.. why? O.o
    Misguided quit months ago icon_neutral.gif
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OMG I'm surrounded by unbuffed djangos in my season bracket!
  • I'm in your same bracket kidicarus, so much for joining late.... icon_e_biggrin.gif

It's shaping up to be an ugly free-for-all lol
  • I don't recognize a single name in my Season 1 bracket. It's glorious.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I don't recognize a single name in my Season 1 bracket. It's glorious.
    Well you won't recognize names until two or three PVPs have passed and the points total from those starts to eclipse the points "normal" players got from the S.H.I.E.L.D. training.
    Once the top players have 3x 1100+ points under their belt, they'll be visible in the top 10.

I also don't recognize anyone either, but with brackets of 5000 there's bound to be some crazies in every bracket.