Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My guess --

Season One - Pink cover.
    Season Two - Blue cover.
    Season Three - Yellow cover.

Some top alliances won't manage to win all three times -- those that do will have a 1/1/1 Nick Fury.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yendi wrote:
    volos wrote:

Interestingly, you cannot shield in the season 1 shield simulator. I wonder how high the points totals will go, with max progression rewards over 3k??

I was attacked and lost 0 points, so I'm guessing there's no need for shields.
    That's probably just due to your low amount of points though, it doesn't get 1:1 until you're several hundred points in
  • gamar wrote:
    If I recall, IceIX said only "standard" PVP will count, not lightning rounds

Yeah, that's what I meant. Head full of fluff right now from info overload. Plus, trying to get actual work done. Haha
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    Wow, a new character that's restricted to the top 100 alliances. D3 sure love to kick the community in the balls don't they?

To be fair, that's exactly what alliances should get as prizes. Something cool for the hardcore players. I prefer that a lot to the current system where they get one colour cover for a character that other people can't get, like with Lazy Captain where blue was alliance only.
  • My guess --

Season One - Pink cover.
    Season Two - Blue cover.
    Season Three - Yellow cover.

Some top alliances won't manage to win all three times -- those that do will have a 1/1/1 Nick Fury.

All three colors of Nick Fury will require 3 months of dedication. Now THAT is hardcore.
  • And I thought 10 day events were a bit much :S
  • Sweenz wrote:
    And I thought 10 day events were a bit much :S
    I live for the day they will announce a year-long event. It is the only logical next step. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: Wow, this is my 500th post. Not exactly what I had planned.
  • jozier wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    Wow, a new character that's restricted to the top 100 alliances. D3 sure love to kick the community in the balls don't they?

He's a rare 4*, do you complain tha IW/X Force are reserved for the top players overall?

I think they should give away nick fury in the prologue tutorial. that way everyone will have it.
  • shield simulator says 25 1/2 days is that how long the season will be?
  • What's weird to me about this is that they didn't wait until May 1st to make it truly month-long. This will be on a weird schedule.

Also, I'm surprised that the SHIELD versus rewards are so bad. There's only one cover on there I have any use for, and it's at the 3000 point mark.
  • Reward structure seems pretty good. It's impossible to tell the impact of Nick Fury given there's literally no way to figure what one of his ability even does (Avengers Assemble) but his other two abilities look appropriate for a 4*.

The 3000 for Hulk seems pretty reachable (if there are 10 events in a season you only have to average 300) which is probably why they made it a season event instead of just putting more rewards in each event, because it's pretty hard to give away 1/10 of a Hulk black cover.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Also, I'm surprised that the SHIELD versus rewards are so bad. There's only one cover on there I have any use for, and it's at the 3000 point mark.

Think they just set up something that they won't mind just mindlessly repeating every season.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Reward structure seems pretty good. It's impossible to tell the impact of Nick Fury given there's literally no way to figure what one of his ability even does (Avengers Assemble) but his other two abilities look appropriate for a 4*.

The 3000 for Hulk seems pretty reachable (if there are 10 events in a season you only have to average 300) which is probably why they made it a season event instead of just putting more rewards in each event, because it's pretty hard to give away 1/10 of a Hulk black cover.

I'm actually talking about the SHIELD simulator next door, not the overall prizes. The overall prizes are quite good.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    What's weird to me about this is that they didn't wait until May 1st to make it truly month-long. This will be on a weird schedule.

It looks like it was meant to help newer players transition into 2*s. I have hope that this simulator is different from shield training and 1.8k points is achievable for a 2* roster so that they can get some extra covers.
  • yendi wrote:
    volos wrote:

Interestingly, you cannot shield in the season 1 shield simulator. I wonder how high the points totals will go, with max progression rewards over 3k??

I was attacked and lost 0 points, so I'm guessing there's no need for shields.

There are shields, you can't see them until you join.

3hour - 8 hour - 1 day
  • anyone else notice SHIELD simulator in the prologue has a timer now... i hope they aren't ending it. I need to tank somewhere icon_e_sad.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Speedy0307 wrote:
    anyone else notice SHIELD simulator in the prologue has a timer now... i hope they aren't ending it. I need to tank somewhere icon_e_sad.gif
    They will probably remove it after that, and good riddance... But yeah, no more tanking it seems.
  • Given the recent changes to MMR, I don't think tanking is working as well as it was anyway.
  • Speedy0307 wrote:
    anyone else notice SHIELD simulator in the prologue has a timer now... i hope they aren't ending it. I need to tank somewhere icon_e_sad.gif

those guys are too smart for their own good, but it's kind of fun to figure out the inner workings and develop new strategies.

the only problem is that in the alliance era, less information will be shared with community.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Given the recent changes to MMR, I don't think tanking is working as well as it was anyway.

I was supertanked for Dark Avengers, cause ares basically soloed, and ran into high level teams at 600. Next event about 700 and so on. I've actually done better and better each event after that, as my mmr has risen. Got higher each time before suddenly hitting 141 wall.