S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1

Options

Comments

• Sooo, Can we have a countdown to when all the SHIELD and 5DV members have entered so we can know when to join the season bracket? icon_lol.gif
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Options
    Considering how unlikely my alliance will top 10...

Am I the only one feeling glad I don't have to buy another roster slot to support "the newest hero"?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    kalex716 wrote:

Am I the only one feeling glad I don't have to buy another roster slot to support "the newest hero"?
    You mean Top 100. Limiting Fury to top 10 would be way more intense.

Actual logistical concerns aside, it seems oddly appropriate that Nick Fury, team leader, would be an alliance(team)-only prize. That said, even as a member of a top alliance, I'm glad it's only one cover. The cover should be a nice little trophy, nothing more.
  • HailMary wrote:
    kalex716 wrote:

At a certain point, sure. For those of us closer to 100, it would be a lot less intense.
  • kalex716 wrote:

It's gonna be too looong time till I'm done leveling 3* to even think about 4* at this point, useful chars or not.

Personally I'm glad they made a pvp simulator with at least a little meaning, I would've bracketed that one too and made it 5 day subs with token/iso/hp awards. I love the idea of ongoing pvp without restrictions/featured chars. If seasons start when previous ends, no use for prologue simulator at all.

Gonna just have some fun/iso with it when burned from events, and do some extra points for alliance. Whether or not we get fury, I personally don't care. And the events will probably make most season points anyway.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It looks like they are closing the prologue simulator as well so it will only be the season long ones which they can use to swap in whichever covers they want each month. It seems like a great idea to me.
  • Only got hit for one point loss in the simulator today, when I was up around 600 or so. The guy who hit me took 7 of my points away, and was probably around 150, where he must have gained far more than that. The real question in this tournament now is where the zero-sum point is for attacks. if it isn't up in the high 1000s or 2000s somewhere, those three star covers are no more attainable than ever.

Still, I'm cautiously optimistic. This could be a very cool addition.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    kalex716 wrote:

Actual logistical concerns aside, it seems oddly appropriate that Nick Fury, team leader, would be an alliance(team)-only prize. That said, even as a member of a top alliance, I'm glad it's only one cover. The cover should be a nice little trophy, nothing more.

With that strike tile for 2 covers at level 30?

I'd not be surprised to see a 0-0-5 Nick Fury show up for just the purple ability 12 hours after the season ends.
  • HailMary
    Options
    Moral wrote:

I'd not be surprised to see a 0-0-5 Nick Fury show up for just the purple ability 12 hours after the season ends.
    It's certainly a useful power, but I don't see Fury making a noticeable impact even when someone does sink 10K HP into him. He's certainly shaping up to be a singularly useful 4* in general, but I don't think anyone would seriously use a 0/0/5 Fury.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I feel bad for participating in PvP where I don't need the top prizes...

It's like taking the last slice of cake, then tossing it in the trash in front of hungry children.
  • Moral
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Moral wrote:

It's certainly a useful power, but I don't see Fury making a noticeable impact even when someone does sink 10K HP into him. He's certainly shaping up to be a singularly useful 4* in general, but I don't think anyone would seriously use a 0/0/5 Fury.

Depends if cover 4 or 5 jumps the strike tile to a base of 250+. Even a level 90 Fury could be dumping +600 strike tiles.

There are so few good purple abilities that I can see someone going for it.
  • Moral wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    Moral wrote:

Depends if cover 4 or 5 jumps the strike tile to a base of 250+. Even a level 90 Fury could be dumping +600 strike tiles.

From the Season start announcement post:

Escape Plan - Purple 12 AP

Enemy intel stolen, Nick Fury leads his team to safety. Deals 210 damage and creates a 3 turn Countdown that, when activated, steals 3 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a 42 Strike tile.

Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Increases Strike tile strength to 147.
    Level 3: 882 damage.
    Level 4: Steals 9 AP.
    Level 5: Reduces Countdown to 2 turns.

Max Level: 3238 damage, 2 turn Countdown tile stealing 9 AP and leaving a 539 strength Strike tile.
  • HailMary
    Options
    Moral wrote:
    [
    Oh, I agree that someone will go for it (someone always does), and that it's a good power in general. I just don't think a level-**** character that literally has only a purple spike+strike power will find a meaningful spot on a (presumably 3*) team of 2+featured.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Sooo, Can we have a countdown to when all the SHIELD and 5DV members have entered so we can know when to join the season bracket? icon_lol.gif

Umm..I don't think there are brackets?
  • Moral
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Moral wrote:
    [
    Oh, I agree that someone will go for it (someone always does), and that it's a good power in general. I just don't think a level-**** character that literally has only a purple spike+strike power will find a meaningful spot on a (presumably 3*) team of 2+featured.

Thanks for pointing out the announcement, Lyrian. Don't wander into the realm of locked posts much.

Nice to know exactly what the upgrades are up front on a character likely to have 1 cover passed out per month. He seems a lot more balanced than what I envisioned given how each cover upgrades only one aspect of the ability.

And I have to agree, HailMary, that at level 90 he won't be that useful.

That said, I imagine that SHIELD Training will get very popular one week out as people bring their 3 best. With the current PVP scoring, I'd be amazed if the leaders weren't clearing 3k.

It could be another 90 days before this cover shows again if Fury stays exclusive to the Season pool.
  • Moral
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    Sooo, Can we have a countdown to when all the SHIELD and 5DV members have entered so we can know when to join the season bracket? icon_lol.gif

Umm..I don't think there are brackets?

Individual brackets of 5,000 for 40 heroic tokens top prize.
  • man i wonder how I'll do in this 25 day season....

with max covered 1* while working on my 2* that aren't max covered yet icon_razz.gif but im working on leveling them!

NIck Fury's moves look awesome. O-O dat damage.....
  • I like the progression awards in there, somehow missed seeing that hulk black and heroic 10 pack, thats kinda generous randomly. Puts the top level 50hp to shame anyways.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    I like the progression awards in there, somehow missed seeing that hulk black and heroic 10 pack, thats kinda generous randomly. Puts the top level 50hp to shame anyways.

yeah i could use the heroic tokens to work on my 2* and perhaps add more to my team. as long as no one here prevents me from doing that icon_e_wink.gif
  • It's at 5k points. If you average 600 in each tourney and get a modest score in the shield training should be cake.

(25 day long season / tourney every 3 days = 8. 5k/8 = 625. Account for maybe 600 at least in shield training)