S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1

Options

Comments

• Looks to me like the seasons are in brackets of 5000.

Interestingly, you cannot shield in the season 1 shield simulator. I wonder how high the points totals will go, with max progression rewards over 3k??
  • scottee wrote:
    I agree on it being a part of the alliance system, but people complaining that a 4* isn't reachable is just ridiculous. 4*'s are basically just trophy prizes. It'll be at least 4 months before we see anyone have Nick Fury at a usable level and actually running him instead of a maxed 3*.

Agreed, but how quickly will he be required for a big points mission in the next event?
  • scottee wrote:
    I agree on it being a part of the alliance system, but people complaining that a 4* isn't reachable is just ridiculous. 4*'s are basically just trophy prizes. It'll be at least 4 months before we see anyone have Nick Fury at a usable level and actually running him instead of a maxed 3*.

I think I will be tempted to use him as part of a tank team. assuming i get a cover, of course.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Man you can only get Nick fury as a alliance reward...?

If so that is LAME! icon_evil.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    Wow, a new character that's restricted to the top 100 alliances. D3 sure love to kick the community in the balls don't they?

He's a rare 4*, do you complain tha IW/X Force are reserved for the top players overall?

No, because they're available as single person rewards in PvP. It's the restriction of the character to the alliances that bothers me, not the fact he's restricted in general. It's yet another seemingly obvious ploy to force people to pay real money for extra spaces in their alliance. It comes across as a cash grab. That might not be their intention, but that's how it can look.

Of course, if you're a member if a top 100 alliance like you are, you're guaranteed to get him. Hopefully for you all he'll be more useful than the current 4* characters are.
  • Is the season 1 shield training cumulative or is it like the prologue?
  • 25.5 days for an event...ugh ...
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rarre28 wrote:
    Is the season 1 shield training cumulative or is it like the prologue?

My assumption is it will get reset with each season. This is the change many many people have been asking for. It will always be there for new players to get a lot of covers for the early progression awards. It will be a low impact active iso farm for the other players plus it will have consequences for the standings. This is another case of the devs listening to the players. Well done on first glance IMO
  • MerC 47 wrote:
    scottee wrote:

Agreed, but how quickly will he be required for a big points mission in the next event?

Fours don't get used for required nodes much. Invisible woman unlocked some in last hunt, but i think that's the only time. The required nodes are to push cover packs, and fours are just too rare to make cover packs enticing. I doubt we're going to see nick fury nodes coming up.
  • Ugh, I so do not feel like managing my MMR between PVP events and SHIELD Simulator
  • Black Hulk cover at an easy 3000 is a nice surprise.

I wonder if the season 1 of SHIELD training is as useless as regular SHIELD training. At worst it's an additional 1000 points for the season.
  • Rarre28 wrote:
    Is the season 1 shield training cumulative or is it like the prologue?

My assumption is it will get reset with each season. This is the change many many people have been asking for. It will always be there for new players to get a lot of covers for the early progression awards. It will be a low impact active iso farm for the other players plus it will have consequences for the standings. This is another case of the devs listening to the players. Well done on first glance IMO
    I understand that but what i meant was will you lose points for loses or only wins count for your progression. Making the higher awards obtainable because loses wont affect progression.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I think many people are missing the point of the "Season" PVP feature.

1) The "Season" aggregates ALL PVP events that take place during the season (in this case, it appears 25 days). Just as it includes Hollowpoint, it will NOT include Lightning Rounds, etc...

2) The Shield Simulator Season 1, is an ongoing PVP (yes, much like the one in Prologue) where you can work on your Season ranking, without having to play the "shorter" PVP events. Whether because you don't have/like a certain required character, or are unable to compete due to level/etc, you can keep plugging away to earn points towards your season.

3) Think of the "Season" as a 25-day "Main-bracket", while EVERY PVP event is a sub-bracket.

My question for IceX and/or devs, is whether the accumulated season points drop when you get hit in an affiliated PVP event, or are does the main only go up?

I'm excited. Makes me want to work a little harder in PVP now.
  • Impulse wrote:
    MerC 47 wrote:
    scottee wrote:

Fours don't get used for required nodes much. Invisible woman unlocked some in last hunt, but i think that's the only time. The required nodes are to push cover packs, and fours are just too rare to make cover packs enticing. I doubt we're going to see nick fury nodes coming up.
    Also, Ice said this isn't Nick's official release tourney, more of a teaser. Hence the reason we're only seeing one cover right now. So he won't be required until the event after his official release.
  • Chops wrote:

1) The "Season" aggregates ALL PVP events that take place during the season (in this case, it appears 25 days). Just as it includes Hollowpoint, it will include Lightning Rounds, etc...

2) The Shield Simulator Season 1, is an ongoing PVP (yes, much like the one in Prologue) where you can work on your Season ranking, without having to play the "shorter" PVP events. Whether because you don't have/like a certain required character, or are unable to compete due to level/etc, you can keep plugging away to earn points towards your season.

3) Think of the "Season" as a 25-day "Main-bracket", while EVERY PVP event is a sub-bracket.

My question for IceX and/or devs, is whether the accumulated season points drop when you get hit in an affiliated PVP event, or are does the main only go up?

If I recall, IceIX said only "standard" PVP will count, not lightning rounds
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Black Hulk cover at an easy 3000 is a nice surprise.

I wonder if the season 1 of SHIELD training is as useless as regular SHIELD training. At worst it's an additional 1000 points for the season.

I was actually just thinking about this.

The way we've understood it, Season points will be collected on the FINAL points you have at the end of a PVP event. So losing points to losses and then regaining them doesn't count. Points are only cashed in for the season at the end of each individual PVP event.

However, Season 1 Shield Training DOESN'T have an end! It only finishes at the end of Season 1. That means only your final points in the new Shield Training count toward Season 1 progression and placement rewards.

I can see a lot of individuals and alliances pushing hard in the new Shield Training at the end of the season for high placements. It's actually going to turn into one giant melee at the end of Season 1. You heard it here first.
  • Chops wrote:

1) The "Season" aggregates ALL PVP events that take place during the season (in this case, it appears 25 days). Just as it includes Hollowpoint, it will include Lightning Rounds, etc...

It does not include lightening round in order to not kill people by forcing them to run every single lightening round
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    MerC 47 wrote:
    scottee wrote:

I think IW was the exception because she was from the PvE before that
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Chops wrote:

If I recall, IceIX said only "standard" PVP will count, not lightning rounds

God it would be bad if they counted Lightning Rounds. People could just stay up all night and bolster their score by an easy 2000. Three nights in a row. Every week. Not cool.
  • yendi
    yendi Posts: 29
    Options
    volos wrote:

Interestingly, you cannot shield in the season 1 shield simulator. I wonder how high the points totals will go, with max progression rewards over 3k??

I was attacked and lost 0 points, so I'm guessing there's no need for shields.