Known Issue: Story Mode Nodes *Updated (4/13/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    fnedude said:
    You could also make it "clock like", whereas the circle fills in 1/6 each time you hit the node, and then when you've hit the final 6/6 time, it changes to the "repeat" button.
    That's certainly a good suggestion. Follows @Pongie 's idea, but with the added feature of the repeat button appearing once it's 6/6
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Please please change it back, I have to click so many times just to double check that I've cleared the nodes 6/6 times. I really dislike this new "feature", it's always a step backwards for you guys.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There aren't many things I need to know:

Node hasn't been touched (no mark)
    One time node that is done (red check mark)
    At full points (a green arrow)
    At reduced points, prizes still available (the current yellow arrow)
    All prizes gained from node, points available (yellow check mark)
    No points or prizes available (green check mark)

Are there other conditions that we, as players, need to be aware of? I guess in a 7 day event with a repeatable node in the main, we could have full points and no prizes available, but that is a pretty rare case and I wouldn't worry about it.

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Woof.  There's no difference in the icon between completing 2/6 and 6/6 on a mission.   That's not helpful even a little. 

I get where the checkmark might confuse non-forumites into thinking the mission is complete, but there's gotta be some way to distinguish.   Green circle arrow?

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just tell the UI team this, four pages and NOT ONE person approves of this "intended change"
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But we already had a distinction. Green check marks mean it's repeatable, red check marks means it's complete and locked.

Now I can't tell at a glance if I've earned the CP for a node or not. This literally has no benefit to the end user.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    i think it was change to confuse the grinders, lol.

*removed offtopic info - Ducky
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    serious question: did a new manager/management group take over at some point in the last month or so? like 'hey guys, i've got some great ideas for your game...'

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ponderous.

The things that are "fixed" that don't need fixing. The things that need fixing that get ignored.

This was not broken.  When you are trying to just get 6 clears of each node to get all the available rewards available, the green check marks are valuable. Especially as you get closer to the end of the sub.

@Brigby    If for some reason you decide to keep this new graphic (the arrow) could you at least TURN THE ARROW GREEN so people looking to see if they've played each node enough to finish the rewards can still tell from a quick glance at the sub screen?

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Infrared said:
    blargrx said:

Yup, what happened to the ss of a new ui layout that someone had made? The one that had a new layout and was easy to see all the elements. None of that ever got incorporated into an future ideas. 
    I believe this is it:
    http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/30408/suggestions-for-the-mobile-user-interface-img/p1

I would also very much like to see that done.

I remember that thread. I remember thinking that was a very good looking UI that didn't require moving the stupid screen left and right to see how much AP each side had. It would also prevent the stupid "peak-a-boo" screen movement to show you when the other team gained AP. 
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If not broke why fix??? The green check mark was a quality of life change!!! Why take it away??? It feels like the game went back in time a little when it was tedious.  :'(
  • Mekuh
    Mekuh Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was forced to update my game for this? There was nothing wrong with the green checkmark.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    fnedude said:
    You could also make it "clock like", whereas the circle fills in 1/6 each time you hit the node, and then when you've hit the final 6/6 time, it changes to the "repeat" button.
    I rather see the circle with correct representation of points. Perhaps have the thickness change for the first 3 clears (when it's at full points). After the 4th clear, the circle becomes partial according to how much points is left. 

if the green tick cannot be restored, make the colour of the circle yellow/green to represent if any rewards ae remaining
    Brigby said:
    Definitely an interesting idea, but how would you determine the amount of points without entering it though?
     We dont need to know the exact point value. the rough representation of full value is sufficient. Just like how we can quickly glance how far we are from the next shield rank. If i want to know exact value, I'll enter the node
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, add one more to the list of people opposed.
    Green check mark was not the most helpful indicator, but it had its function. This yellow thing? Not helpful at all!!

Add numbers instead of the 1 arrow. Add dots! Just have a circle filling up.

So many great suggestions thought of by people who just play this game. Who pay to play this game.

And the people who get paid for this come up with this???
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That is tied with the sparkly victory banner for "things we never asked for and never needed'.

Except the victory banner was fun and pretty.

This is just useless, in fact it's more than useless - green check was an indication that all rewards were mined from the node, now I need to manually check each node.

Thanks for fixing stuff that never needed fixing instead of doing some meaningful UI stuff, like maybe make the buttons for VIP and stuff a little smaller? These are gigantic.

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I love how virtually EVERYONE here is having better ideas to fix this than the current implementation.

How easy it could have been to make your change proposed here to gather feedback, instead of shoving something bugged (no green checkmarks at all, like it wasever tested) into our faces.

This is shameful.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Pongie said:
    use the same shield rank xp concept for each node. Have a ring around the node that is the bar of points. Full circle means full points, partial circle is refreshing and no circle is done
    Definitely an interesting idea, but how would you determine the amount of points without entering it though? 
    The user doesn't need to. All the user needs to know at a glance is whether or not points and rewards are available.

So use the ring, have two colors. If there are points available, have it be either a full or partial circle (the game is responsible for calculating what max available is and whether the node has reached that point), and yellow if rewards are left, green if rewards are all collected.

If neither rewards nor points are available, as Pongie said, no circle.

Or even different colors, if you like. The point is, the way things are NOW, you have to actively click the node to see how many points are left. Nothing changes if you replace the yellow arrow with a refreshing ring to indicate reward and points collection.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It boggles my mind the UI changes that are made to this game.
    There's UI changes that have been crying to be updated for actual years, like updating the battle screen for mobile, but instead we get updates like this.
    Not only does this not make things better, it makes them worse and more cumbersome/confusing to use.

The only states I care for a node in PVE are:
    1. Node not played
    2. One-Time node completed
    3. Node still has rewards available
    4. All rewards earned
    These states need a noticeably different icon for them so just by panning the map you can very easily tell which node is in which state, like they had before this update.
    "Point still available" I could see as needed an icon, but that's not as big of a concern for me honestly, because I play all 4 clears, then take care of the last two near the end of a sub, so it's pretty easy to keep track if there are points till available.

Here's a thought.  Why don't they just show the points available on a node as a callout tab off of each node?
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This was definitely not an improvement!  I mean come on you think you need to do a nod and it has zero points. Please take the old one back. 
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Add mine to the "unnecessary" votes.

At least before, you could see the green check, and know that it's AT LEAST been hit 6 times. It may have been a minor pain to go in and check to see what's left on it, but you'd have an idea of what nodes were assuredly close to ground to the minimum points. Now, it looks the same whether it's been hit 10 times or once, and even if it's a "trivial" type node that's worth zero points, it now has the exact same symbol as the ones still worth something.