Known Issue: Story Mode Nodes *Updated (4/13/17)

Options

Comments

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Pongie said:
    use the same shield rank xp concept for each node. Have a ring around the node that is the bar of points. Full circle means full points, partial circle is refreshing and no circle is done
    Definitely an interesting idea, but how would you determine the amount of points without entering it though? 
    I would think that the amount would just be relative to the amount of points when it's full. So if you would only get 50% it will show a half full circle.

By the time you get to partial points you've already done that node for times, so you would have a decent sense of how many points are available just based on the approximate percents. 
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The change actually reduced the amount of information that is being displayed.  Once a node has been played down to the point of zero points (heh) is still remains as the circle icon.  The indication that the symbol shows that there are points that can still be gleaned from the play through seems false.  
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It really does smell like an attempt to trick a player into playing nodes more times than they must, if the players' goal is only to collect the 6/6 rewards and move on. Why the UI team feels that obfuscation is a worthy goal is beyond me.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Pongie said:
    use the same shield rank xp concept for each node. Have a ring around the node that is the bar of points. Full circle means full points, partial circle is refreshing and no circle is done
    Definitely an interesting idea, but how would you determine the amount of points without entering it though? 

Who cares about points lol? For max progress loot (or before points start to decay), you need to the node 4 times - with this ring mechanism f.e. with shards on the top  that will turn green when completed, and bar on the bottom that will indicates point rewards - i made here https://ibb.co/jzyZmQ (sorry about that **** white background  - ms paining is useless) we could see how many times we completed the node (above), plus approximate amount of points gained, compared to maximum, from next mission (below).

• hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just thought I'd join the herd.  I hate this change.  Please revert.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Argh man, here we go again. Green marks were never about the number of times you can clear a node for points, it was about rewards!!! The red mark was about completion!

Before this patch you could clear any node 7 times to get max score, but just 6 to get max rewards. For two day events you could clear it 8 times! But again 6 for rewards. You could even clear those nodes more often to get extra points, but that didn't affect the green mark.

This new feature is basically a step in the wrong direction, an unfeature! In 95% of the PvEs most people just care about node rewards and the xp. This change makes the UI much worse for all those users.

I think absolutely NOBODY complained about this, it was working perfectly, why did you decide to change it?????? 

• LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    irwando said:
    "Should we fix any of the reported bugs? Or respond to the pushback on vaulting?"

"Nah, let's make something else worse so they'll ignore everything else that we aren't doing!"

"Ship it!"
    Please keep in mind that the UI designers are not the same people as the gameplay designers / programmers. It is possible for graphical changes to be worked on at the same time as gameplay features and fixes.
    Maybe this was a bug, maybe it was intentional.

If a bug, just say so, fix it, and move on, bcs you've basically trained the playerbase to expect bugs all the time.

If it was intentional, that's so much worse.  There are so many improvements the UI team could make (that we've suggested), and this is what they choose to do?  If there was anyone that actually played PVE regularly on that team, they never would've approved this change.

And, the fact that they are different teams doesn't inspire much confidence.  It doesn't matter which department makes asinine changes - it reflects poorly on the entire team.  If the UI designers do stupid things like this and think they're good, then we should expect the gameplay designers / programmers to do the same thing.

Q: Where is the QC?
    A: It doesn't matter, ha ha, let's implement a feature for them to buy Vaulted 4*s at ridiculous prices!  Money, money, money, moneyyy, mooooooooney!!

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is our new feature - we removed a feature.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't like the change, but I will admit to having a hard time figuring out what is so difficult about keeping track of how many times you've cleared a node. I always play in order. That order changes depending on my mood and whether or not I'm competing or just clearing for rewards, but it's an order nonetheless. I rarely look at the clears number at all. I know how many times I've cleared a particular node because I know where I am in the order.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Additional vote for put it back how it was. Yes, there is room for improvement, i.e. there should be an indicator as to if the node "time-to-100%" is "full"/"partially depleted"/dead somehow, but the original checkbox functionality needs to come back.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    6 pages, SIX PAGES, not one like for the OP. Thus needs to be removed yesterday. The sparkly victory banner which had mixed reception was removed in one day, trash bin this nonsense
  • wgasadude
    wgasadude Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The check is an indicator that the node is complete - but it really isn't.  I can understand why they want to change this, but agree with the forumites this doesn't make any sense to the majority.   That said, why not a compromise - change the color of the yellow arrow once the player completes the rewards?  Perhaps Green since we're all used to that color now....

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint said:
    6 pages, SIX PAGES, not one like for the OP. Thus needs to be removed yesterday. The sparkly victory banner which had mixed reception was removed in one day, trash bin this nonsense

The sparkly banner was removed because it was causing severe lag on older devices. I actually liked it, but I have a newer phone. 

Still, your point holds up. #GiveBackGreenChecks
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whoa, didn't know hashtags  worked here. Neat. 
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    #CHECKMARKSMATTER

Trying to remain helpful, I like the progress ring idea, points on the inside and rewards on the outside.

e.g

Or remove points for the enemy icon
    Or points above or below to keep the icon
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LordXberk said:
    Borstock said:
    I don't like the change, but I will admit to having a hard time figuring out what is so difficult about keeping track of how many times you've cleared a node. I always play in order. That order changes depending on my mood and whether or not I'm competing or just clearing for rewards, but it's an order nonetheless. I rarely look at the clears number at all. I know how many times I've cleared a particular node because I know where I am in the order.
    Uh, good luck doing that in the Florida sub when you go for your final clear.
    That sub bothers me SO much.
  • ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @mwc
    I can definitely ask them when I get a chance to.

Just to stimulate the beginnings of a brainstorm session, lets say hypothetically this icon stays permanently. What would be an addition or update to it that would alleviate the concern of not knowing if you finished the node or not?

For example, would @killerkoala 's suggestion be a fitting solution?
    is there a way to put a "points worth" into the UI so we can just look at the top of the node and know the points it is worth; so we don't need to click it to know how much they are worth?

I think the simplest way to display all of the information (cleared 6x or not, still playable for points) is the green replay marker at 6/6 (or 4/4).

I had a node ground down to 0 last night that still had the replay indicator on it.