Known Issue: Story Mode Nodes *Updated (4/13/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    A simple solution could be to put 6 little black dots around each node, and one turns yellow for each time you've completed that node.  If you want to do 4/6 to get full progression, you can easily see which nodes you've hit.  If you want to grind all 6 rewards it'll be easy to see which nodes on the screen have been tapped out.  If you want to hit nodes more than 6 times you're on your own.  Requires almost no resources and very little coding.
    Hmm definitely an interesting idea. Would it not feel too cluttered though if you had 6 black dots on every single node?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So the symbol for 6/6 prizes is now the same symbol for not all 6 prizes??? That makes things far more confusing than it used to be.

Please roll back this change. It was working fine before.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This change is awful. Give me my checks back 
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Yes bring back checks 
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Of the history of dumb changes, this has to be THE dumbest and most pointless change I have seen. It gives no advantage or benefit of any sort and only serves to infuriate the player base.

Give the green check marks back. Anyone who picks up the game can easily understand how it works without the added confusion, maybe ask the UI guys to figure out better things, like why am I still unable to see OML's transformed powers in the roster screen?
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry, but there's no way to be nice about this. ----

Now reverse the change.

EDIT: damned good thing it's just a bug.

//Removed Language- Brigby
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    That's what Im saying Merrick. 

//Removed Off Topic Content - Brigby
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also, being that the points were removed from the trivial nodes, why are they still showing the yellow arrow after the final hit that clears them of points?  

This is not working as intended, nor do I believe this was an intentional change.  I think it's a bug that they're now trying to say was a change they made willingly.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @mwc
    I can definitely ask them when I get a chance to.

Just to stimulate the beginnings of a brainstorm session, lets say hypothetically this icon stays permanently. What would be an addition or update to it that would alleviate the concern of not knowing if you finished the node or not?

For example, would @killerkoala 's suggestion be a fitting solution?
    is there a way to put a "points worth" into the UI so we can just look at the top of the node and know the points it is worth; so we don't need to click it to know how much they are worth?

Maybe add a number above it that tells how many rewards have been earned above the node.  Or maybe add a glanceable window with the needed node info (how many points it's worth, number of rewards earned, countdown to full points)  via long press. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The symbol hasn't changed, that's what it used to be before the tick, really can't see why they changed it. 

Doesn't affect the gameplay though so if they felt it was so there you go. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why was this changed...      

Maybe make the arrow green or something instead of yellow?

Or just go back to green check mark...
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    A simple solution could be to put 6 little black dots around each node, and one turns yellow for each time you've completed that node.  If you want to do 4/6 to get full progression, you can easily see which nodes you've hit.  If you want to grind all 6 rewards it'll be easy to see which nodes on the screen have been tapped out.  If you want to hit nodes more than 6 times you're on your own.  Requires almost no resources and very little coding.
    Hmm definitely an interesting idea. Would it not feel too cluttered though if you had 6 black dots on every single node?
    That's what UI developers are for.  Take an idea and make it look nice.  The nodes are small, the indicators would only have to be barely visible to satisfy mobile screens where size is precious, but being able to tell at a glance how many rewards have been mined from a node would be helpful to players.  

We're encouraged to play these nodes over and over, there's no need to make it more tedious by forcing players to check and re-check nodes to see which still have points or rewards to offer.

http://imgur.com/ll0jjLD

Hey, look at that. 

I'm not married to this idea, but there are easy solutions here.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @mwc
    I can definitely ask them when I get a chance to.

Just to stimulate the beginnings of a brainstorm session, lets say hypothetically this icon stays permanently. What would be an addition or update to it that would alleviate the concern of not knowing if you finished the node or not?

For example, would @killerkoala 's suggestion be a fitting solution?
    is there a way to put a "points worth" into the UI so we can just look at the top of the node and know the points it is worth; so we don't need to click it to know how much they are worth?

Maybe add a number above it that tells how many rewards have been earned above the node.  Or maybe add a glanceable window with the needed node info (how many points it's worth, number of rewards earned, countdown to full points)  via long press. 
    So something like " x4 | 450 " above the node to signify how many times you've cleared it and how many points it's currently worth? 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Pongie said:
    use the same shield rank xp concept for each node. Have a ring around the node that is the bar of points. Full circle means full points, partial circle is refreshing and no circle is done
    Love this ring idea! Bring back the green check mark for 6/6 (or 4/4) clears and add this ring to show whether the node still has points available. The ring would also be a nice visual representation of what percentage of the points have refreshed.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like a little number next to each node to indicate how many clears I've done.  
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    irwando said:
    "Should we fix any of the reported bugs? Or respond to the pushback on vaulting?"

"Nah, let's make something else worse so they'll ignore everything else that we aren't doing!"

"Ship it!"
    Please keep in mind that the UI designers are not the same people as the gameplay designers / programmers. It is possible for graphical changes to be worked on at the same time as gameplay features and fixes.
    Then I recommend reducing the UI staff so they can hire more designers/programmers to fix the constant bugs. Furthermore, we have requested numerous UI requests such as having AP displayed on mobile devices without the need to swipe left and right... That was over 2yrs and still no progress.

Do they realize that we possibly spend more time doing non-battle things than actually battling. For example but not limited to the new recent clicking nodes to see if we hit 6/6, checking PvP opponents rosters because there's no cover count on the battle screen, shifting through a 100+ character list to select a character because they neglected to add the filter there, etc etc etc. Adding the star tier filter to the Sell screen saved us time, adding a stronger color indicator saved us time.. this clearly does not. Every second we spend outside of battle is revenue lost on healthpacks and possibly more than that. 

With all the negativity in the beginning of 2017, including this new forum design is hurting the playerbase. At this point the focus should be on satisfying the players, instead of finding more ways to turn us away from their game. 
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You could also make it "clock like", whereas the circle fills in 1/6 each time you hit the node, and then when you've hit the final 6/6 time, it changes to the "repeat" button.