Known Issue: Story Mode Nodes *Updated (4/13/17)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this is the first change that is universally despised with no redeeming features. Well done indeed.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    This decision is silly. The green ticks made it obvious when we had achieved all the rewards from a node, now I find myself having to click through each one just to ensure I have completed them all 6 times. How is this an improvement? 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I meant to post it in the bugs section when I find out it's a feature? LOL. It's horrible "improvement". Confusing at minimum. I don't grind the points to 0 but I do go for the xp. Now I have to click the nodes again just to check if I have the 6/6 or I need to fight one more. Previously it was obvious. 
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler

This is a step back, obviously. I use the visual que of those check marks to determine which nodes I tackle next because first I want to go my 6 clears per node before grinding further, so as to get the rewards. Now I have to reopen each and every node individually to see whether or not I already did 6 clears.

Nice step backward, D3.

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hahaha, I'm another one of those people that saw the yellow arrow/circle and said "Hey, another bug! Great!" But no, it was intentional. Facepalm time.

Please, let's have something better. Like the green checks again.
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    +1 to "this seems worse to me"
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    rc35 said:
    +1 to "this seems worse to me"
    More accurately, +5 pages to "this seems worse to me". I don't think I've ever seen such consensus on this board.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    If this stays permament - put numbers on nodes like this
    https://www.screencast.com/t/SbjmWTbIoRPu
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler

The only reason I didn't post it in the bug forum is that I didn't have PC access (cos I refuse to read forum on my phone)

Then it turns out this was intended?????

Green Check Mark was a lovely indidcation of "You've done everything" at a glance.... now I have to click on each node to check I have collected the XP for it.

Utterly utterly ridiculous.

further proof that developers do not actually play the game.... I seriously just don't understand what is going through their heads.

Has ANYONE said "Hey, that green check mark is confusing, it says I've finished but I can still grind points for no rewards... that's mis-information!".... ever????

Show me ONE single bug report or post that says the above or even something similar... and I'll acknowledge it was an issue.

Otherwise, why in the name of all that is good and holy change it???

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you wanted to change this part of the ui, why not make it a counter then we could instantly see how many clears we had done and you could have it change to green numbers when all rewards were gone.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    HxiiiK said:
    Of the history of dumb changes, this has to be THE dumbest and most pointless change I have seen. It gives no advantage or benefit of any sort and only serves to infuriate the player base.
    You clearly haven't been paying attention if you think that this is either the dumbest or the most pointless change they have made to this game. 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Crowl said:
    HxiiiK said:
    Of the history of dumb changes, this has to be THE dumbest and most pointless change I have seen. It gives no advantage or benefit of any sort and only serves to infuriate the player base.
    You clearly haven't been paying attention if you think that this is either the dumbest or the most pointless change they have made to this game. 
    It seems you don't remember the new (and now beloved, yet short lived) Victory banner. But this change is in the same range. Hope it has equally short life.  
  • nickaraxnos
    nickaraxnos Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    My solution for the problem is this. Change the pve format :)

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63364/new-pve-format/p1?new=1
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Magic said:
    Crowl said:
    HxiiiK said:
    It seems you don't remember the new (and now beloved, yet short lived) Victory banner. But this change is in the same range. Hope it has equally short life.  
    No, the banner didn't make playing the game worse. This does.
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    I did think it was a bug not a update dont like becase its harder too see what you have complet
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

We have recently decided to implement a change to what the UI for mission completion looks like. Instead of a green check-mark, players will now see the yellow arrow icon to signify that this node is available for continued play-through for additional points.

You can see an example of this UI change below:

You can already tell those nodes are available for continued play. You know how? Because the ones that AREN'T are dimmed and have a red check mark. IN THAT PICTURE. All this has done is taken AWAY information, because now you can't see if all six rewards have been earned or not. The bright/dark nodes already served the purpose of "can I play this one or not?"

Brigby, there are clearly ways to improve the UI here (as many are suggesting, ways to flag when the node is at full points or not, how many points they're worth, etc), but this change is so backwards and counter-intuitive I'm not 100% convinced it's not a bug, with you sitting here telling us directly it's an intended change.

I would suggest first rolling back, and giving us back the green check mark. Then, make the contrast sharper. Make the LOCKED nodes stand out more. Swap the red check for a little lock icon.

Don't put so much effort into dancing around and saying "you can keep playing this node!" That applies to literally 99% of all nodes in this game. EVERY node in PVP, the standard 9 in Story mode sub events, the Join Forces node in sub events or sometimes the main event. Only a tiny number of nodes lock. DDQ nodes. And the occasional one-shot Story node. Flag THOSE as different. When you have 10 things, and 9 of them are Column A, and 1 of them is Column B, and you want people to notice the difference, you flag Column B as being default from the norm. It's why sodas come in diet or cherry or caffeine free options, but the classic red bottle doesn't say "Normal Coke". It doesn't have to, because everyone KNOWS it's normal. Treat repeatable nodes that way. It's normal, so mark the few cases it's different, and people will get the picture.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    100% of the people thought this was an annoying bug before you posted this. That should suffice to tell you this was probably not the best change. 

We already have an icon that denotes a node isn't replayable. It's greyed out and has a red checkmark and you can't play it. So there isn't a need for an icon that denotes a node is still playable, because that is the standard setting for each node.

Can we just roll this one back and focus on something else?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I would suggest as an alternative is a Story Event tutorial screen for when a player's SCL unlocks Story Mode or PVP mode. Put some of the UI items there, explaining them as part of click-through screens, and leave the green checkmark as it used to be.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    If this is the new norm, they need to bring back the double click to enter a node.  Originally, the first click displayed number of times won (or prizes remaining).  Second click entered the node.  On the first click, list display information like it used to before the previous change.  Just add two extra bits of data to the display: how many points are left in the node and what percentage of maximum those points represent.