Known Issue: Story Mode Nodes *Updated (4/13/17)

Options

Comments

• ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Borstock said:
    I don't like the change, but I will admit to having a hard time figuring out what is so difficult about keeping track of how many times you've cleared a node. I always play in order. That order changes depending on my mood and whether or not I'm competing or just clearing for rewards, but it's an order nonetheless. I rarely look at the clears number at all. I know how many times I've cleared a particular node because I know where I am in the order.

That works for ordered subs. Florida was a mess. Savage Land isn't much better. There are plenty out there that aren't along a straight progression.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like to see the number of missions completed on a node without entering it, just selecting it.  Removing the green check was not an improvement. 
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    orbitalint said:
    "it's not a bug, it's a feature!" wink
    #tinfoilhat
    Except, if precious dev team time were dedicated to this, who in the world does this benefit when there have been lazy and sloppy bugs for months that detract from quality of play? Over grinders in PVE? Are they really a massive source of revenue?

Just all makes me continue to question the current team at the helm. They seem to be dedicating time in all the wrong places.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This doesn't add anything useful to the player.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @mwc
    I can definitely ask them when I get a chance to.

Just to stimulate the beginnings of a brainstorm session, lets say hypothetically this icon stays permanently. What would be an addition or update to it that would alleviate the concern of not knowing if you finished the node or not?

For example, would @killerkoala 's suggestion be a fitting solution?
    is there a way to put a "points worth" into the UI so we can just look at the top of the node and know the points it is worth; so we don't need to click it to know how much they are worth?

Make the looping arrow green so we know points are in regeneration.

--Khanwulf
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    @mwc
    I can definitely ask them when I get a chance to.

Just to stimulate the beginnings of a brainstorm session, lets say hypothetically this icon stays permanently. What would be an addition or update to it that would alleviate the concern of not knowing if you finished the node or not?

For example, would @killerkoala 's suggestion be a fitting solution?
    is there a way to put a "points worth" into the UI so we can just look at the top of the node and know the points it is worth; so we don't need to click it to know how much they are worth?

Maybe add a number above it that tells how many rewards have been earned above the node.  Or maybe add a glanceable window with the needed node info (how many points it's worth, number of rewards earned, countdown to full points)  via long press. 
    So something like " x4 | 450 " above the node to signify how many times you've cleared it and how many points it's currently worth? 
    Something to know how many clears and points left without having to click into is would be VERY helpful indeed.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i think it was change to confuse the grinders, lol.
    Mission accomplished.  :/
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My solution for the problem is this. Change the pve format :)

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63364/new-pve-format/p1?new=1
    While they should consider changing the format, trying to lock people out of it based on roster seems a little flawed given that the only routes to 5* are rng or p2w.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is the dev's goal?  User-friendly UI?  Ease in understanding your progress at a glance?  If yes, revert to prior or implement one of the many suggestions.  Is your goal confusion?  Making things unclear for some reason?  Leave as is.

The green check mark was widely praised.  It makes it easier and more fun to play the game.  Again, what is your goal?
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Edit: Apologies for the confusion. I spoke with the team this morning, and they have informed me that this UI change was the result of a known bug. Rest assured that the team is still actively looking into it, and I have updated the title to add clarity.

In addition, I want to thank everyone for the collaborative effort of brainstorming various UI designs. It definitely shows the creativity of the community, and the passion for the game that drives it, and I will be sure to relay your ideas to the team.
    Appreciate the response given the head-scratching reason initially as to why it was changed. You've been doing great with communication and appreciate the effort.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd say green check for all rewards achieved and then a red check for all points exhausted.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    In addition, I want to thank everyone for the collaborative effort of brainstorming various UI designs. It definitely shows the creativity of the community, and the passion for the game that drives it, and I will be sure to relay your ideas to the team.
    The community had been serving up ideas to the devs for THREE YEARS only to be handily ignored at every step, it will be a miracle if any of the suggestions in this thread get implemented

I appreciate the optimism, @Brigby , I really do,  but it's just not going to happen
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Glad for the update that the lack of green checks is a bug and not a feature. Not thrilled about a new bug, but at least that implies it won't be permanent (?) (hopefully?).

Thank you for sticking around and wrangling us through this rough patch. We're not the happiest community at the best of times, but we appreciate that you stick with us and keep communicating even when all the smallcats have hit the fan. :)
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What I don't get is this...

If it was a bug, how or why would it be announced as a feature?

Really guys? What sort of people do you think you are dealing with?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These guys are comical. How do they manage to break so much? 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry that someone told Brigby to communicate it to us as a feature when we all knew it was clearly a bug. I wish that person had simply told him it was a bug in the first place.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this too shall pass....