New Store - Heroes for Hire (4/11/17)

Options

Comments

• rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

I have the 2500HP offer.

Covers needed to be colourless for me. I have Starlord stuck at 12 but of course the cover that's on offer is the one I already have 5 of.

3 of the others I already have champed and would return either 2500ISO, 2CP or 50HP, so not really worth it.

The other 2 are nowhere near being covered so again, nothing to draw me in.

• insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Beta testing....

Offer both stores to everyone. See what one we buy. Simple.

**Removed inflammatory comments - Ducky
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't feel like "The sky is falling" in regards to the game shutting down, but I do feel that way about the devs decisions lately. 
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I bought the 3600 offer to get 4* IF and now have the 2500 offer to get HB with less Iso and cp. Didn't realize there were different prices. No big deal, I needed the IF cover, won't be buying the Hb offer though.
  • Claypigeon
    Claypigeon Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hmmmm, 
    Could the offers be based on the levels of your teams champions as per standard leveling?

So far in my alliance only players who have lvl 300+ characters seem to be getting the 3600 offer, everyone else seems to be getting the 2500. 

• TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Here's the thing, at least IMO.
    Between vaulting and the more recent characters being (generally) better, it's a hard sell.
    Since the older characters got vaulted, I've been on a tear with covering the new ones (because I have less of a pool), which are the ones I'm chasing anyway.
    If I were one cover away, 120 CP isn't that difficult to save, and I get to choose my color that way.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmmmm, 
    Could the offers be based on the levels of your teams champions as per standard leveling?

So far in my alliance only players who have lvl 300+ characters seem to be getting the 3600 offer, everyone else seems to be getting the 2500. 

I have 7 champed 5s and have the 2500 offer.
  • ahunter5
    ahunter5 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just to add an additional data point:  SL68, playing on iPhone, not VIP:

All offers 2500 HP, each expires one day after the one before:

Danny Rand + 3*Luke Cage + 3*Hulk +3*Strange+3*Panther +4000Iso+ 1CP - expires 20H
    4* Iron Fist +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 1D 20H
    4* Medusa +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 2D 20H
    War Machine +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 3D 20 H
    Wasp +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 4D 20H
    Ghost Rider +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 5D 20H
    Star Lord +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 6D 20H

I love the Danny Rand offer - a four star, four three stars, plus a little iso and a CP.  It's worth the HP to me, though I'm nowhere near needing this cover.  If all of my offers were like this, I could see myself spending a TON of HP.  As it is, I'll use it when I need the cover. 
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hmmmm, 

It's not, the highest lvl character I have is at 192 and I have the 3600 offer.  I had a good laugh that the idiots running this game into the ground actually thought I would buy that when I can barely scrap together enough hp to roster anyone.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mine is the 3600 HP Vault with Danny Rand, then 3 star Cage, Hulk, BP, and Strange. Eh, doesn't seem worth it to me. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I maintain that unless you have a vaulted character with covers on the vine and you need this one last cover to champ them, it is totally not worth it.  One 4* champ level is not worth 2500-3600 HP.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Could we get an official response as to who is being offered what and why?

I'm pretty sure it's just random, so all this speculation everyone is doing is completely useless.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    These vaults probably aren't for people who can 'barely scrap together enough hp' for roster spots. There's an HP glut once you're ahead of the 1K/roster spot every 2 weeks curve and this is an outlet for that to attempt to offset vaulting, but it's not quite enough. This will be useful the same way the current 3,600 HP vaults were - getting a final cover or preventing a 1/5/5 situation from happening. 

It would be nice if there was an option to buy a token with the current for 4-stars in the HfH rotation with CP. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    Could we get an official response as to who is being offered what and why?

I'm pretty sure it's just random, so all this speculation everyone is doing is completely useless.
    Well, we've probably got at least 4 hours.  Office opens in 2.5, plus there needs to be coffee, then they'll check the forum and find it on fire.  They they'll need to catch up and formulate a response that will apply the maximum amount of ire to the community.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ahunter5 said:
    Just to add an additional data point:  SL68, playing on iPhone, not VIP:

All offers 2500 HP, each expires one day after the one before:

Danny Rand + 3*Luke Cage + 3*Hulk +3*Strange+3*Panther +4000Iso+ 1CP - expires 20H
    4* Iron Fist +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 1D 20H
    4* Medusa +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 2D 20H
    War Machine +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 3D 20 H
    Wasp +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 4D 20H
    Ghost Rider +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 5D 20H
    Star Lord +4 elite + 4000 Iso + 1CP - expires 6D 20H

I am SL70, but otherwise, I am the exact same (non-VIP, iPhone) and all my prizes are worth 2500HP and are the above.

I personally will never spend HP on covers or tokens because I have to save my HP for roster slots. I'm about to spend 1000HP for a C&D slot and I still need 9000HP to roster the 5*s I don't have (and then I need the 5*s, haha). And because I don't play as hard as a lot of people, I don't have extra HP to spend by the time a new character comes out. So for me HP=roster slot currency and nothing else.

So, that being said, I guess this store doesn't affect me because I will never partake in it.

BUT

-I don't like how some players were offered the package for 2500 and some were offered it at 3600. It seems shady without any given reasoning from the top.
    -If this is the "good thing" they are bringing out before nerfing the DDQ vault/tokens, I will be VERY upset!
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options

Here's the order that I got:

4* IF + 3* LC, Hulk, Dr Strange, Black Panther + 4.000 ISO + 1 CP
    or
    4* HB/Medusa/WM/Wasp/GR/SL + 4 Elite Tokens + 4.000 ISO + 1 CP

All of these 7 offers cost the same amount of 2.500 HP. For that price, I think it's a decent offers, especially the first one because I'm sure to get 4 3*s guaranteed with my 4* cover whereas the other ones are Elite tokens.

But still, at that price, even with the Elite tokens it could be a worthwile investment if I really need that cover. So for me, it's a step in the right direction after the whole vaulting mess, but I still have some reservations:

1. will D3 rotate the cover colours? I can get a red HB for the next 2 days but will later down the line a blue or black cover also be on offer? Otherwise, we might still keep running against the same brick wall

2. different price points for different players. This is a big no-no and a flat out disgusting practice. Shame on you, D3! Shame on you for treating your loyal customers and gamers with such disdain

Anyway, might be tempted to at least buy one since I have over 2.500 HP stored up. Not sure if I'd be willing to spend in order to buy more (even though that Medusa and HB seem sooo aluring!)