New Store - Heroes for Hire (4/11/17)

Options

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tarouza said:
    This is somethibg strictly for the whales, its there to give them something to do with the hero points that they purchase in the buy clubs.
    Whales buy 40 packs for the free LT
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got the 2500 offer and I took it. As it speeds up the 4*IF covering process and gave me some good championing rewards from 3*. I would not take that offer if it was 4 elite tokens instead of 4 guaranteed 3* covers. Plus I might be going for it once every season at best as 2500 is still very steep for FTP player. One reason I did it - we don't have the next realease scheduled so I have time to get 1k for the slot. 

At 3600 i would not make a deal (as I didn't do a single one on the specific vualts).
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So going through it on Discord, we can't find the commonality between the different offers. The 3,600 HP vaults do offer more tokens, iso and CP than the 2,500 HP vaults but I think we'd all agree that the difference isn't worth the price and the players should have a chance to make that decision if they think it is. Also, a number of people don't have the 5 upcoming 4-stars available as optional vaults just yet. 

We can't isolate what makes the vaults different, it is not platform, shield rank, days played or anything else that we can figure out. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So going through it on Discord, we can't find the commonality between the different offers. The 3,600 HP vaults do offer more tokens, iso and CP than the 2,500 HP vaults but I think we'd all agree that the difference isn't worth the price and the players should have a chance to make that decision if they think it is. Also, a number of people don't have the 5 upcoming 4-stars available as optional vaults just yet. 

We can't isolate what makes the vaults different, it is not platform, shield rank, days played or anything else that we can figure out. 
    Not sure that it's linked to r123 or r124 either, but I don't think so.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RNG, brah.
  • JONofWAR
    JONofWAR Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Man, I went through a range of emotions on this one. Had I been offered the 2500 option and not the 3600 one I may have made the purchase long before coming to the forum to poke around (I currently don't have Danny on my roster, that art haunts my dreams). If they stick with the 2500 price, keep the guaranteed 3 star (and not give elite tokens in their place) and turn back on the preview for upcoming stores I will likely spring for a couple. I agree that I feel...used by not having the same option as those with identical ranking
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not sure that giving some players a discounted price on 4* covers is the best way to maintain the appearance of fairness in a competitive game environment. 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pheregas said:

Not sure that it's linked to r123 or r124 either, but I don't think so.
    I dug into this theory and there doesn't seem to be consistency on that either. Someone on Discord is 10 days apart from me in days played, the exact same SR, updated to R124 like me and they play on Android while I'm on iOS but we have different offers. There's other Android users with my offer as well, so it's not just that. 
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    They seem really interested in increasing HP sales in the last few weeks. Times must be crazy tight. They don't even have the money to hire someone to knock out these simple bug fixes anymore. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mpqr7 said:

You know, there's a saying... you can't shine "garbage".

The saying goes: "You can't polish a turd". But that isn't true, the MythBusters put a high shine on a couple of turds!
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Why would the whales buy these? just to **throw** away hp? nothing for them in there. 

**removed inappropriate language- Ducky
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like having options, and 2500 HPs if it's a cover I need to champ a favorite hero isn't too bad. But otherwise, I probably won't be using this feature. So, I like this, but I don't know that I'll use it too much.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can +1 the difference.  The 3600 HP vault gives you (for every character) 4 additional Elite tokens, 4,000 iso, and 2 CP.

Looks like we are beta testing the pricing structure.
  • insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What in the **** is going on?
    They cant even implement a new store without us all scrambling about trying to figure out why we are seeing different stores at different prices.
    Sure id be happier if id been offered the cheaper store, because thatď make it easier to understand........   not!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And even for the non forum players, it's not like they aren't going to find out from their alliance that they've been taken for 3600 when others only had to pay 2500.

And besides the obvious of making the introduction offer a 4 that will be in the latest for months, if it peggy many would have bought against their better judgment.