New Store - Heroes for Hire (4/11/17)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

Hi Everyone,

Following the previous update to Deadpool's Daily Quest, we wanted to give players additional ways to improve their roster, but this time tying it closely to the DDQ character rotations that players have grown accustomed to. 

Starting tomorrow at 7:00 AM EDT, players will have access to the Heroes for Hire store page. This page gives players the option of purchasing a cover for a hero as well as getting some Tokens, Iso-8 and Command Points.

• There's a new store in the "Recruit Heroes" section of the game called Heroes for Hire
    • Each day, a new hero is available to be purchased.
      • Players under S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 will have the opportunity to purchase a offer that includes a 3-Star cover. 
      • Players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 or higher will have the opportunity to purchase a offer that includes a 4-Star Hero.
    • These offers come with Tokens, Iso-8 and/or Command Points.
    • Starting Thursday, 4/13, the offers will be timed with the featured 3-Stars and 4-Stars of Deadpool's Daily Quest. 
      • The 3-Star offer features the 3-Star from Dat Required Character mission.
      • The 4-Star offer features the 4-Star from The Behemoth Burrito mission.
    • The first day of the offer will be special Heroes for Hire themed offer:
      • Offers for players under S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 will include Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) and Luke Cage (Hero for Hire).
      • Offers for players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 or higher will include Iron Fist (Danny Rand), Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), The Hulk (Indestructible), Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange), and Black Panther (T'Challa).
    In addition, this will be one of the rare times we decide to offer a direct avenue for acquiring a specific character you want.
    Why on earth would I buy anything in this game anymore when the devs have proven they'll just alter anything of any use and offer pennies on the dollar thereafter?  No more nonsense. No more ducking player feedback. It's just mind numbing how badly D3 has missed the mark at this point. 

Over 1k days in this far, and I'm gonna give them 30 more to fix this major mistake or I'm outtie 5000. 

If you don't like the offer, just vote with your wallet and don't buy it.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No fix for vaulting, but we get another store (probably tied to DDQ nerf).

Now that's a good developement.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Brigby said:

Hi Everyone,

Following the previous update to Deadpool's Daily Quest, we wanted to give players additional ways to improve their roster, but this time tying it closely to the DDQ character rotations that players have grown accustomed to. 

Starting tomorrow at 7:00 AM EDT, players will have access to the Heroes for Hire store page. This page gives players the option of purchasing a cover for a hero as well as getting some Tokens, Iso-8 and Command Points.

• There's a new store in the "Recruit Heroes" section of the game called Heroes for Hire
      • Players under S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 will have the opportunity to purchase a offer that includes a 3-Star cover. 
      • Players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 or higher will have the opportunity to purchase a offer that includes a 4-Star Hero.
    • Starting Thursday, 4/13, the offers will be timed with the featured 3-Stars and 4-Stars of Deadpool's Daily Quest. 
      • Offers for players under S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 will include Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) and Luke Cage (Hero for Hire).
      • Offers for players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 or higher will include Iron Fist (Danny Rand), Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), The Hulk (Indestructible), Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange), and Black Panther (T'Challa).
    In addition, this will be one of the rare times we decide to offer a direct avenue for acquiring a specific character you want.
    Why on earth would I buy anything in this game anymore when the devs have proven they'll just alter anything of any use and offer pennies on the dollar thereafter?  No more nonsense. No more ducking player feedback. It's just mind numbing how badly D3 has missed the mark at this point. 

Over 1k days in this far, and I'm gonna give them 30 more to fix this major mistake or I'm outtie 5000. 

Er, theres no proof that he even put in any money to begin with? 
    \
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gari said:
    Quebbster said:
    Brigby said:

Hi Everyone,

\

Not really relevant IMO. If you like an offer, buy it. If you don't like the offer, don't buy it. Sales numbers will show which ideas are appreciated by the player base and which ideas weren't so good.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Gari said:
    Quebbster said:
    Brigby said:

Hi Everyone,

\

Not really relevant IMO. If you like an offer, buy it. If you don't like the offer, don't buy it. Sales numbers will show which ideas are appreciated by the player base and which ideas weren't so good.
    That doesn't work for occasional payers, though. The people who skip all but the best deals. By the "vote with your wallet" metric for them, there's no difference between "this is a good deal but my roster's not ready yet", "it's an okay deal but I can live without it" and "this is pure tinykitty". That's why we need to have the devs listen to why we're not spending on specific stores.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Gari said:
    Quebbster said:
    Brigby said:

Hi Everyone,

\

Sure. 100 players ignore the store, then 1 whale drops few thousands of dollars and devs claim it was very popular and a massive success.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd love to be excited about this but fully expecting it to be something like 10,000 HP to empty it. Unfortunately, we get very few things from these people that make you want to applaud them. 
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If it's 750 coins I will laugh if there is outrage as that's how much a cover used to cost in the old system for a four star.

Really hopeful for this system as I don't mind spending on the game but don't like that the amount of progress I'll get out of spending is luck based. If I can top up my coins to buy a cover of a character I need then I'm all for it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azoth658 said:
    If it's 750 coins I will laugh if there is outrage as that's how much a cover used to cost in the old system for a four star.
    4* covers used to cost 2500 HP.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wowza it's expensive...... 3600hc
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shows cost as 2500 now.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    8 Elite Tokens, 10000 ISO 3 CP and a cover for a character I have at 4/4/4 and isn't vaulted for 3600 HP?
    meh...pass
  • Mpqdr72
    Mpqdr72 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Let me think about the offer for a while
    0.438 seconds later
    i'll PASS
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    3600 HP...hahaha. Thanks for the money-grubbing 4 star deadpool daily. Exactly what we asked for! Thanks for listening!
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm Shield Rank 80.

I currently have six different character covers available that include 4 elite tokens, 4K iso and a CP for 2,500 HP. That'll definitely be worth it on the right covers.It's objectively better than the 3,600 HP vaults and now we don't have to wait a week in between them.

Mine are:
    Red IMHB
    Yellow Medusa
    Red War Machine
    Yellow Wasp
    Green Ghost Rider
    Purple Star-Lord
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Jeeeeeezus!! 3600HP. Are they kidding me? This is only resulting in me quitting VIP also. I mean come on the value you get is not worth the roughly 28 our. It's really insulting ! Last couple of weeks it's only been really stupid ideas coming out from them. 
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It costs way too much. Even worse is that only the first day's guarantees 4 3* covers. After that those all become ELITE tokens, making it even more overpriced. So, great idea but terrible execution.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    https://puu.sh/vhKdn/d33946580e.jpg

Either different for the various ranks, or there's been a change since some of those posts.
    (Shield Rank: 65)
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm Shield Rank 80.

I currently have six different character covers available that include 4 elite tokens, 4K iso and a CP for 2,500 HP. That'll definitely be worth it on the right covers.It's objectively better than the 3,600 HP vaults and now we don't have to wait a week in between them.

Mine are:
    Red IMHB
    Yellow Medusa
    Red War Machine
    Yellow Wasp
    Green Ghost Rider
    Purple Star-Lord
    Mine showed about half of those initially, but now only shows Iron Fist. And the price was 3600. For 2500, I would buy one.
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Tee said:
    https://puu.sh/vhKdn/d33946580e.jpg

Either different for the various ranks, or there's been a change since some of those posts.
    (Shield Rank: 65)
    Still **** offer 1000HP/ 4 star guaranteed is reasonable but this is just **** in all kinds of ways