New Store - Heroes for Hire (4/11/17)

Comments

• abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    If I was starting the game today, or last month, or last year, I would understand the problems with HP. If I were heavily into PVP, I would understand it. I'm in neither of those boats. Instead, I have 123 roster slots after buying one for 3* Starlord, so slots is not a problem. If I find myself short, maybe I sell bagman. Or use the slot I have open to manage the 2* farm. Or shoot a 5* I'll never fully cover (Hello, Hulk). Whatever.

Instead, I'm VIP just to turn off ads, and with regular play, feeding the 2* farm,  and not wasting HP on random pulls over the past month I find myself with over 7000 HP. HP is not a problem in this game if you don't need shields and if you've played long enough to already have the slots you need. I could spend the whole 7K today and have no problem rostering 5* starlord, Gamora and Grocket before the covers expire. At that point, buying out a store doesn't seem that bad of an idea. Don't know that it's the starlord store, but it's not like I'm getting any interest on banking the HP.

I'm far from the same level as Quebbster; very far from it (a dozen 4* champs and beginning to feel the ISO squeeze). If I can manage to stay ahead of the covers, than anybody who only needs to keep up with the new releases can.

Anyway, my point wasn't about spending HP, it was about the random way the devs value the HP I might be interested in spending. Some days, it seems reasonable, some days, it doesn't, and there's no appearant rhyme nor reason to it.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    sh81 said:
    I always seem to manage it ....just.  Cant say I get an easy surplus build up
    You're not at the roster level Quebbster is talking about.
    4* champ level rewards is where the HP are.
    Well I only have 10 championed 4*s with 15 champion levels between them, but I do generate enough HP that I've currently rostered 3* Star-Lord and still have just over 4000. I'l admit I've gotten lucky lately with DDQ taco tokens, but still, I average fairly significantly more than 1000 HP every two weeks with no purchases.
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Common  sense alert:  Offer BOTH price points to EVERYONE.  Nobody would have any reason to be upset and you still get all needed relevant data.  (I didn't even finish my degree and figured this out quickly)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tucsonjon said:
    Common  sense alert:  Offer BOTH price points to EVERYONE.  Nobody would have any reason to be upset and you still get all needed relevant data.  (I didn't even finish my degree and figured this out quickly)
    They
     wouldn't find out how many were willing to pay 3600 HP since no one in their right mind would choose the more expensive package. They want to know if they can charge 3600 HP and get away with it.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby

So, any word on when the store will be finalized with one price point and set of contents for everyone?
  • Uncletas
    Uncletas Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I'm afraid that they are going to go through one whole cycle of characters before they make a change. I have the 3600 deal. I would consider it at 2500 or even if everyone had the same amount but me paying more than others feels like an unfair deal. I know we get some more things but those elite tokens will probably just be more 2 stars. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've bought it twice at 2500. I wouldn't have even considered buying it at 3600.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Remaining a second-class citizen was my last straw. I didn't even bother to log in yesterday and don't feel any real urge to do so today. The basic gameplay is still fun, but these boneheaded decisions don't speak well for the future of the game. I'm not waiting around for someone to finally break the silence on this.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Borstock said:
    Qubort said:

You assume they knew there would be backlash and the level of it. Companies miscalculate customers responses all the time. See Pepsi for an example. I can't understand why you're so convinced that D3/Demi have the perfect pulse of the games community just because they have data we don't have.

Nerfs do happen. However, never to a character as you stated people had pumped thousands of dollars or hours into. Also, off the data they've shared, didn't make a rational reason. OML wasn't the strongest player but a good utility player.  Does this move encourage anyone to invest money into other characters?

Once again you are drawing conclusions to fit your argument. You have zero evidence they knew there would be backlash. You also have zero evidence they're not idiots. Perhaps they were given a quota to hit for the quarter and are trying to hit without any thought to the long term impact. We don't know and they won't tell us.

You have a lot of blind faith in a company that's had a rough few months. I hope you're right, but colour me skeptical.

To your third paragraph - I don't have zero evidence. They're professionals working for a 15 year old company. I don't think it's unfair to assume they could have expected people would be upset about a nerf and about two different price points for the H4H store. To assume otherwise is ridiculous.

Your evidence is the company is 15 years old?
  • Flume
    Flume Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Any plans to fix the price disparity?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Flume said:

There is nothing to "fix".

They'll run this for however long they need to gather the data they want, then settle on a price point.

Everyone will get the same then.

The A/B testing for vaults vs no vaults for PVE ran 2-3 months I think, so don't hold your breath.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Flume said:

There is nothing to "fix".

They'll run this for however long they need to gather the data they want, then settle on a price point.

Everyone will get the same then.

The A/B testing for vaults vs no vaults for PVE ran 2-3 months I think, so don't hold your breath.

With the vault testing they alternated the Control Groups though, so basically you got access to half the vaults. I might have buyed covers for 2500 HP, but alas I am in the 3600 price Group. But I guess they want to see how many are willing to pay 3600 HP if they have no other choice...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Qubort said:
    Borstock said:
    Qubort said:

You assume they knew there would be backlash and the level of it. Companies miscalculate customers responses all the time. See Pepsi for an example. I can't understand why you're so convinced that D3/Demi have the perfect pulse of the games community just because they have data we don't have.

Nerfs do happen. However, never to a character as you stated people had pumped thousands of dollars or hours into. Also, off the data they've shared, didn't make a rational reason. OML wasn't the strongest player but a good utility player.  Does this move encourage anyone to invest money into other characters?

Once again you are drawing conclusions to fit your argument. You have zero evidence they knew there would be backlash. You also have zero evidence they're not idiots. Perhaps they were given a quota to hit for the quarter and are trying to hit without any thought to the long term impact. We don't know and they won't tell us.

You have a lot of blind faith in a company that's had a rough few months. I hope you're right, but colour me skeptical.

To your third paragraph - I don't have zero evidence. They're professionals working for a 15 year old company. I don't think it's unfair to assume they could have expected people would be upset about a nerf and about two different price points for the H4H store. To assume otherwise is ridiculous.

Your evidence is the company is 15 years old?
    That is one piece of evidence in my case. For example, another piece of evidence I have is that EVERYBODY WHO KNOWS A SINGLE THING ABOUT THE GAMING COMMUNITY knows that gamers who favor a particular character are likely to be upset when you nerf said character.

Tinykitty. That's the part of my argument you don't buy? Let's maybe not fixate on the ridiculous.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has the price on this stabilized for everyone or are they still testing?  Mine's been 3600 hp, no look ahead from launch
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Mine is 2500. I've never made a purchase. I could see how people who have their rosters where they want them would spend this though.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    I swore up and down I would never buy from h4h since I have the 3600 price point.

But...I had two characters that we're hosed on their covers (both were 2/5/5) and both the 13th covers came up in h4h.  I broke down and bought the darn things.

However, there have been a number of characters I would have liked to get an extra cover for, but didn't spend the hp on because of the price point.  For extreme cases, maybe I'll consider h4h, but I don't even look at the store anymore except as an annoying extra screen I have to scroll through.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby what's going on here? A month removed from this store's launch and players STILL have different price points? Pick a price and make it universal 
  • Uncletas
    Uncletas Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    To anyone that can scroll forward is there anything different for when they start the list again, price wise or extras?  Hoping that it will be the end of the testing. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uncletas said:
    To anyone that can scroll forward is there anything different for when they start the list again, price wise or extras?  Hoping that it will be the end of the testing. 
    There's no difference.  The first day is a coming soon, but no change otherwise.  It's ultimately just how the decided to organize having 6 (or however many) character running timers with different end times at once.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uncletas said:
    Starting with Hulkbuster the cover offered is now that character's second cover (Black, for HB). I have some 5/2/5 characters who are eagerly awaiting this round.