New Store - Heroes for Hire (4/11/17)

Comments

• Stussi
    Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    A Moon Knight black cover is one that I would consider dropping some HP on, but as I am in the {3600 HP + Only view todays offer} category, there is not a chance that I will ever purchase a 4* at the higher price point.
    Same for me. Shame on devs
  • nickaraxnos
    nickaraxnos Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    This store is promising. Its the only place you can buy a specific cover without the rng factor.

Problem is that with the way it is presented its too expensive. Especially the 3600 price.
    That means too many are not buying at all or buying every now and then if they need a 13th cover of a vaulted or bad covered (ex 5/5/2) character

BUT

What if they add good iso next to the cover? 
    Lets say for the 2500 price you get the cover plus 100k iso

For the 3600 price you get the cover plus 150k iso.

This way both players and devs win. 

Players can have the specific cover and good amount of iso to help them level the character so they can buy soon enough again. They will also feel its a good burgain if we think the rates of iso in the store.

Devs will see less sales from the iso store but more money will come from hp sales because people will have motive to buy hp just for to buy from heroes for hire store.

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I am sure others have probably mentioned this but I'll just throw this out there.
    This store is supposed to replace the previous 4* vaults we had.
    When they were first introduced there were three options.
    A. Single pull (can't remember the cost)
    B. 5 pulls -1k HP
    C. 20 pulls -3600 HP.

My guess is that a lot of people went for the single pull and earned their 4* without spending much. What happened? They removed that option.

Then we were left with B and C. The only vault I ever spent HP on, I went with option B. Pulled 3 times, got my 4*. Others might have done the same but with the 4* at pull 1 or 2.

As soon as people got the 4* they wanted, they would just stop spending. And then the vault would just sit idly for the rest of its duration bringing no revenue.

Now... We have this... No single pull option. No 5 pull option. Just a take it or leave it, with different prices and with 4* that we have no other immediate access to.

I always skip it and always will. Unless I amass 20k+ HP and there is a cover I really reeeeeaaaaaally want! Like iceman green.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    In your scenario, they would see NO sales from the ISO store (if they ever did in the first place).  Your suggestion adds over 100 dollars worth of ISO to the bundle, which costs about 20-25 dollars worth of hero points.  The actual equivalent value would be around 20k iso, a measly 1/15th of the iso needed to max a 4 star from scratch.
  • nickaraxnos
    nickaraxnos Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    In deed. Thats why i think its a good desl. They ll see their hp sales going up because of the iso.

Win for everyone
  • MrCrabby
    MrCrabby Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I have a question about the heros for hire. After having a look and seeing that the next 4* is red hulk red again, I was under the impression that it would be his next colour (being green) or does he go around 5 times before the transition to the next colour? (I may have missed something in the first post or somewhere else) 
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Are you thinking of Hulkbuster (iron man)? Because this is the first time Red Hulk has been offered in this store. 

As per the OP, the 4* available for today is always the same as the required 4* for the Behemoth Burrito node of DDQ. 

If you don't have it, here is a list of the DDQ BB required characters - http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63570/ddq-behemoth-burrito-list/p1

:)  
  • MrCrabby
    MrCrabby Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Thank you for the list - very helpful
    hmm for some reason I thought I saw red hulk I must have gotten him confused with as you said, hulkbuster. Thanks for the reply =)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Any chance there's an update on the pricing structure? It has been a week since the H4H deal was implemented and I'm still stuck on the weaker 3600 HP cost that I have no interest in. Everyday I'm stuck with this deal, they are potentially losing 2500 HP from me (and likely many others). I started playing when you were able to buy direct 4* covers for 2500 HP so this makes sense to me. Idk how they decided who gets what deal (likely random) but it would have made sense to give players with 2+ yrs the 2500 HP deal, and the rest the 3600 HP deal. 

Also, are they exploring an option to include all 3 colors for a character? Today is Punisher and it's black, I need green or blue. They can have a tab underneathe for a deal to buy the other 2 covers. That would be 5000 HP for me if this was implemented properly. I understand they're testing it but I hope there's an update soon.
  • Stussi
    Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby

Any chance there's an update on the pricing structure? It has been a week since the H4H deal was implemented and I'm still stuck on the weaker 3600 HP cost that I have no interest in. Everyday I'm stuck with this deal, they are potentially losing 2500 HP from me (and likely many others). I started playing when you were able to buy direct 4* covers for 2500 HP so this makes sense to me. Idk how they decided who gets what deal (likely random) but it would have made sense to give players with 2+ yrs the 2500 HP deal, and the rest the 3600 HP deal. 

Maybe 1+yr XD
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gonna buy the big pun one today. I'll then have a reason to champ him. 
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'know I'm looking at these and the fact that they're all the "first" Color is getting annoying

maybe there should be 3 Options (one for each color but you can only buy one)
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    My view: a decent idea, but implementation is lacking. 
    1. All I get is the 3600 offer. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. I might go for 2500, if it's a character/cover I really need, but at 3600? Nope.
    2. No choice on cover color. People would be WAY more likely to buy if they could choose the color.

Close, but no cigar...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Punisher5784

I'm afraid I unfortunately don't have any information pertaining to finalization of the pricing structure.

@Summer Glau

When it comes to the variety of colors offered, that's definitely a topic I can pass along to them for evaluation!

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have the 2500 HP/can't scroll offer, and I've jumped on two so far - red Blade (bringing him to 5/1/4), and yellow wasp (4/5/1).  If I hadn't been flush with HP after emptying two taco vaults over the course of a week I probably wouldn't have done so. 

I think that if the 2500 HP cover was colorless in the current store, it would be a pretty respectable deal. If that's not going to ever happen, I'd likely go for a 1750 HP option with no extra goodies for a pre-selected color. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    This offer really pisses me off. As someone who's already spent way too much on this game, I get stuck with the 3600 offer. I won't be buying any covers unless it's the last cover or so I may need, even then I'd rather bonus or token pull it than spend 3600, especially when for no logical reason other players got the cheaper deal. 

If it was 2500, then I could see myself buying covers time to time. Especially when it comes down to someone who could easily use many of the covers. To buy multiple covers at 2500 would be more justifiable, the difference if I bought 3 at 2500 compared from the 3600 offer I have would be basically an extra cover. If The amount of money or points I'd have to spend would be worth it sometimes at 2500 not 3600. Stupid move by a  developer making one stupid move after another, they are losing lots of potential sales.
  • Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    At 3600 HP It should have a choice of cover color, then I might consider it.  I have quite a few 4*'s that only need 1 more cover and of course the ones offered in the store aren't what I need.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Are you thinking of Hulkbuster (iron man)? Because this is the first time Red Hulk has been offered in this store. 

As per the OP, the 4* available for today is always the same as the required 4* for the Behemoth Burrito node of DDQ. 

If you don't have it, here is a list of the DDQ BB required characters - http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63570/ddq-behemoth-burrito-list/p1

:)  
    Anyone know if Agent Coulson will be included when this list loops around to the start again? Not sure if he's been featured enough yet.  I could really use a yellow Coulson within the next 12 days, though.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought it today. I need that blue MR Fantastic color. I've got a couple teams all ready for him. 
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    There aren´t many (vaulted) 4* characters left which "first" color isn´t already at five covers or aren't at 13/13. These characters are Mr. Fantastic, TA Hulk and Miles Morales. Since I´m not really interested in Miles and had more than 15k HP on my bank, I decided to buy Mr. F´s cover today for 2.5k HP. Cho´s cover will also be bought in a few days.