PSA: Welcome To Our New Forum!

Options

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyway for a user to reset their personal margins?  On a monitor that is 24" wide, the actual discussions take up only 12" and that's including the 1" dedicated to these smileys.  
    That space will soon be filled with ads.... Just wait and see
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My browser and I are very unhappy that your login form at http://forums.d3go.com/entry/signin is not secure. Will you be supporting https soon?

• bytor
    bytor Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Reecoh said:
    My browser and I are very unhappy that your login form at http://forums.d3go.com/entry/signin is not secure. Will you be supporting https soon?

Yes, I made a new account to log in, not happy with this either, also why do you have to log in just to view the forum, now I can't share links with my FB groups because they will have to log in just to view the link. I guess I'll have to copy and paste from now on
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Eichen said:
    I used to be able to click on a red nane and search their posts. I could click on brigby and it would show new each of your comments. Now when I click your name it just shows me each topic you commented on. 
    You'll want to click on Comments on the right hand side of the person's profile. It will display at the bottom all of their comments. We're going to talk with the designer about if it's possible to add the URL link to the thread where that comment exists.
    So there is a link there. In white. So you cannot see it, but if you mouse over, it becomes a link.

Can you also request it saying what forum the post is in?
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    All this wasted space by the sides and between the posts makes focusing in the important stuff, like the posts, really hard.

Hope you can provide a "classic" version based on the old skin.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ha, I haven't found the "edit post" button yet. The last sentence is supposed to read: "The important thing now is that everything works so we can continue our (mostly) civilized raging against the MPQ machine."

(I blame autocorrect) 

EDIT - Found it! It's the gear icon in the top right corner. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gonna take a bit to get comfortable with the new digs, I think, but I don't hate them.

Other than periodically getting logged out when going to a new thread and having to retrain my browser for the new URL.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby ... I'm still getting used to the new format, but I have one main question... how do you edit an existing post?  I'm trying to update the Weekly Buffed Characters list and can't find the Edit link...

Edit: After I posted this comment, I see that an Edit link appears in the upper right of a post, and next to it it says "1 hour"... is it possible to turn on editing for a longer period of time, for some frequently updated posts (like the Buffed Characters list)?

Also: the icon for Agent Coulson appears to be missing from the new forum (the images is showing as broken in the post I mention above).  And actually... how do we include the character icons in a post now?  It looks like doing something like :blade: doesn't work right now.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Too bad this was all rolled out the day after the devs tinykittied us over completely after having tinykittied us hard the week before. I bet it would been much more welcomed.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby may want to also note the profanity filter isn't in place yet.
  • Sykobanana
    Sykobanana Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quite frankly, most of the new things seem superfluous (more options than like, but you cant choose more than one; heaps of unused space -for serenty?; a massive header that you have to scroll past; just to start with) and there are still many things lacking, the biggest being a spell check. I dont envy your job Brigby, tne amount of times you have to polish tinykittys....
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is barely readable now and it looks like total garbage. What an upgrade...    everything is just worse.
  • Dalbok
    Dalbok Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    One thing I recall from the old forums that I'm certain I will miss is seeing the date a thread was created.  This is in reference to viewing on a mobile browser.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How are we supposed to link things now? The link button doesn't support right-clicking.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    DFiPL said:
    @Brigby may want to also note the profanity filter isn't in place yet.
    Duly noted. Thank you. The profanity filter should now be active.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's likely a good thing, Brigby. Tinykitties are going to be breeding like rabbits around here for awhile.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How do we "ignore" certain posters on this new forum?
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How do we change our profile picture?