Smash Hit - Hulk tourney - 4-16 to 4-18

Options

Comments

• In an event with a featured character, you MUST have the featured charater to succeed. The only exception to this rule is in the event of a new character.

After (briefly) reaching 7-something earlier in the event, I have never seen the north side of 659, before suffering 25-35 points in losses. It is scary to think I would currently be in a better position if I had purchased 3 Cosmic shields, instead of the 1 8-hour I bought to get some sleep last night. The shield which no-one attacked. Not even for a win.

Sorry group. It's just frustrating to think you have a chance, only to be VASTLY proven wrong. Well, anyway, gonna take the opportunity to annouce my bowing out. Gonna do some U-turn epic level tanking before work.

Good Luck to all who remain.
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    In an event with a featured character, you MUST have the featured charater to succeed. The only exception to this rule is in the event of a new character.

What is meant by "succeed"? I recall getting 3 *** covers (but 2 for sure) in several tournaments handicapped on the main hero (DD, IM40, GSBW, ...)
    Certainly it's way too easier to play without ballast. icon_e_smile.gif And you need more strategy, tactics, tanking and shields if working with a loaner or low-level hero.

Well, it's also dependent on prizes, in thing like this, with first PVP debut of a new cover of course everyone tries to reach the sky.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    bah. got to 1060ish then got hit for -40. My hulk is maxed so I didn't wanna even bother skipping 10 guys just to get a chance at the extra 500 ISO cover. My bracket is looking alright so I may be able to pull out a win without any more effort. icon_e_smile.gif
    You're shielded? My retaliation awaits... icon_e_wink.gif

haha. Hope you enjoyed those 38 points! ;P
  • Frustrating trying to climb from 800 to 900. Twice I was within one match only to lose for a -35 to -40.

^ But apparently shielded just in time. Got hit by 6 people back to back.
  • My Shield's up in around a half an hour. I think I'm going to break it a little early, try to get in a couple games quickly for 20 some points a piece, then reshield for another 3 hours.
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    In an event with a featured character, you MUST have the featured charater to succeed. The only exception to this rule is in the event of a new character.

After (briefly) reaching 7-something earlier in the event, I have never seen the north side of 659, before suffering 25-35 points in losses. It is scary to think I would currently be in a better position if I had purchased 3 Cosmic shields, instead of the 1 8-hour I bought to get some sleep last night. The shield which no-one attacked. Not even for a win.

Sorry group. It's just frustrating to think you have a chance, only to be VASTLY proven wrong. Well, anyway, gonna take the opportunity to annouce my bowing out. Gonna do some U-turn epic level tanking before work.

Uh what? Maybe in any other tournament but your complaint in Smash Hulk is totally off base. Hulk is a useless meat shield. He sits between two useful heroes. I guarantee you that 90% of the top teams in this tournament don't use their Hulk powers or even care about their own Hulk as a useful teammate.

Also to complain about nobody bashing themselves against your shield and determining that it means you didn't need to buy a shield is ****-backwards. Shields take you OUT of the PVP pool. When you are shielded, only those that had you in their queue can see you. So of course there's very few people attacking your 8 hour shield overnight, the people that had you in their queue probably slept as well.
  • So... it turns out it takes a while to kill a Hulk with 14k+ Health. Whoda thunk it? icon_razz.gif Especially when I only have a lower leveled Hulk and MStorm.

EDIT: Dammit. I hate these people with Level 100s who keep attacking me. I was got up to 684, and all of my progress went right down the toilet. I don't have a shot at getting Top 10 because I any time I'm not Shielded and try to make any progress, I'll get these people taking like 30+ points away from me.
  • jozier wrote:
    Uh what? Maybe in any other tournament but your complaint in Smash Hulk is totally off base. Hulk is a useless meat shield. He sits between two useful heroes. I guarantee you that 90% of the top teams in this tournament don't use their Hulk powers or even care about their own Hulk as a useful teammate.

Ah yeah, sure, when I'm offered a match with a loaner 1/0/0 Hulk and another with same two characters but in company of 5/1/4 lvl100(+buff), I ignore the useless 10k health and completely useless abilities like anger and will attack the second group with same chance as the first...

Ok, not really, but there must be some wisdom in the note well buried. Those who try to climb 500->800 and being bashed back probably know the difference all too well.
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    So... it turns out it takes a while to kill a Hulk with 14k+ Health. Whoda thunk it? icon_razz.gif Especially when I only have a lower leveled Hulk and MStorm.

At least it's doable, just got my single attack from a ream with mStrom, not full OBW and a medium hulk with 7k life. In the desert. (on my ~110 hulk with ~130 patch and cmags) Sure I bashed it back in like 2 minutes without taking damage... I bet the attacker used some boosts at least and took considerable time and risk.
  • I wish my Hulk was higher leveled. Right now, he's just a 2/1/2 Lv41. If anyone goes against ThatNick and is willing to retreat to give me some points, it would definitely be appreciated. I need to start getting better luck with Tokens and packs and stuff like that to improve my 3* Characters.

Thinking I may just do one quick game when my Shield runs out, then get an 8 hour Shield to end the day.
  • jozier wrote:
    IHatePVP wrote:

Jozier, are you being serious here? You're trying to tell someone there is no real difference between a loaner hulk and one with 14k hp and 5 covers in anger... do you even play MPQ? Or do you just come up with stuff to contradict others?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hood is effing good on defense, I wiped on one of the forum goers with the Hood/LT comp. LT was mostly sitting there looking well-fed, but the Hood stole that one green AP that the maxed Hulk used to stomp on my Spidey. Long story short, never sleep when the Hood is around (shoulda taken my own and watch the tennis game).
  • Lycra wrote:
    Jozier, are you being serious here? You're trying to tell someone there is no real difference between a loaner hulk and one with 14k hp and 5 covers in anger... do you even play MPQ? Or do you just come up with stuff to contradict others?

You keep forgetting, there's two kinds of people who play MPQ: people with multiple level 141 characters, and idiot noobs who are stupid and idiots and should shut up
  • Lycra wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    IHatePVP wrote:

You're being incredibly hyperbolic. Reread the post I responded to. Of course you benefit from having a maxed 141 Hulk with 5 in Anger. Hell, you benefit from having ANY maxed character let alone the featured one. The fact that your Hulk is maxed has no relation whatsoever to him being featured.

IHatePVP was complaining that PVP is impossible without featured characters. That's patently false. The vast majority of players do not have maxed Hulks, I don't have a maxed Hulk, and I am doing quite fine.

Do YOU play MPQ? Or do you just **** about it with the rest of the people that whine constantly?
  • jozier wrote:
    IHatePVP was complaining that PVP is impossible without featured characters. That's patently false. The vast majority of players do not have maxed Hulks, I don't have a maxed Hulk, and I am doing quite fine.

He was talking about "succeed" what probably means some high prize tier, and maxed character was not mentioned at all, just assertion that complete lack of it is blocker to get high. What is quite true. From some 500ish points you are primary target with low-level featured character unless no one around is no better off.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    jozier wrote:

He was talking about "succeed" what probably means some high prize tier, and maxed character was not mentioned at all, just assertion that complete lack of it is blocker to get high. What is quite true. From some 500ish points you are primary target with low-level featured character unless no one around is no better off.

I can't speak for everyone but I don't even look at the level of the Hulk I'm facing before joining a battle in Smash Hit because Hulk is a useless bag of meat. I know that a lot of people think that as well.

And yes, a maxed character was mentioned, by Lyrca as a wonderful example of a straw man.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Hood is effing good on defense, I wiped on one of the forum goers with the Hood/LT comp. LT was mostly sitting there looking well-fed, but the Hood stole that one green AP that the maxed Hulk used to stomp on my Spidey. Long story short, never sleep when the Hood is around (shoulda taken my own and watch the tennis game).

I got wiped by a Hulk/Spidey/Hood team earlier. Tried to counter with Hulk/Spidey/Punisher. Bad idea. Any matches that fed Punisher, Hood would steal for Hulk. Board kept setting up blues for opponent spidey. So yeah not pretty. Must've been boring on offense though.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    jozier wrote:

Do YOU play MPQ? Or do you just **** about it with the rest of the people that whine constantly?
    It seems IHatePVP was talking about not having the featured character at all. Lycra mentioned a maxed Hulk, but that wasn't IHatePVP's focus.

Unmaxed Hulk != loaner Hulk.
  • HailMary wrote:
    jozier wrote:

It seems IHatePVP was talking about not having the featured character at all.

Unmaxed Hulk != loaner Hulk.

Yes I am aware. The person I was responding to (Lyrca) raised the non-sequitur of a maxed Hulk.

Number 9 in our bracket has a level 18 Hulk.

Number 10, a level 50.

Hulk is not necessary by any stretch. And if you don't have anything but a loaner Hulk at this point in the game, given how much his green/red covers have been handed out, you are probably not prepared to compete in most PVP tournaments to begin with.
  • Go locked, been watching you light it up. Nice push