Smash Hit - Hulk tourney - 4-16 to 4-18

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Has anyone not gotten their reward yet?

.........never mind.
  • #2 in my bracket went to 1156 and shielded with 24 hours left.

I think he will be surprised when he checks and didn't get #1. Hehe icon_e_smile.gif

Props Clint for your crazy score man. You guys out up good numbers this time around.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    #2 in my bracket went to 1156 and shielded with 24 hours left.

I think he will be surprised when he checks and didn't get #1. Hehe icon_e_smile.gif

Props Clint for your crazy score man. You guys out up good numbers this time around.
    Thanks. You guys had us sweating with a few hours to go. We didn't know if everyone would be playing tonight.

Hope klingsor isn't taking it too hard.

Thanks. You guys had us sweating with a few hours to go. We didn't know if everyone would be playing tonight.

Of course not. We all had a good time. Did what we intended, make you sweat a bit. Better stay on your ties because there's gonna be a showdown in a few weeks icon_e_smile.gif

Hey reckless, what team were you running??? I think I saw you at 1400 points at the end there? How many 5 points matches did you grind for that one?? lol

EDIT: apparently everyone ganged up on one guy to jump up that high? lol Maybe I need to try and play the last hour of a tourney next time..that's what I get for working! icon_lol.gif
  • reckless442
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:

Hey reckless, what team were you running??? I think I saw you at 1400 points at the end there? How many 5 points matches did you grind for that one?? lol

EDIT: apparently everyone ganged up on one guy to jump up that high? lol Maybe I need to try and play the last hour of a tourney next time..
    I did some 5 pt matches between 900 and 1100 yesterday and when I tanked my MMR this morning before joining Hot Spot. That put me in a bad MMR range in Hulk, so I won some fights in Hot Spot until my match-ups in Hulk improved. I did hit knock3r a few times, but there were a surprising number of 15+ matches above 1100. When I got to 1200, I didn't plan to go for 1300, but then I had some 20+ matches appear in my nodes. I've been wanting a red X-Force to finish my build, so I figured what the hell. When I got to 1300, I figured I would stop, but then Jozier attacked me while I was shielded and, apparently, got killed by a nasty cascade. That gave me 17 points (don't feel too bad, he did get 40+ from me just before that). And then I looked at the nodes and found a 20- and 24-point match. Even at the end, though I was shielded for most of the last hour, I had about 60 points queued up in the three nodes.

I think alliances have made a huge difference in scores because people are coordinating attacks better. And as scores rise, point values stay higher at the higher levels. People with 1200 scores who hit me while I was shielded were getting 35 points for the win. That increased their scores, which gave their opponents better values, and gave me more targets over 1000.

As for my team, mostly, I was running 141 Hulk, 141 Lazy Thor, and 135 Classic Mags. A few times, I switched out Mags for 141 Black Panther.

It was a good night. I finished my builds of X-Force, Baglady, and Human Torch (I wanted a 5/3/5). The covers I got from this event were the equivalent of 7,500 HP.
  • sms4002 wrote:

EDIT: apparently everyone ganged up on one guy to jump up that high? lol Maybe I need to try and play the last hour of a tourney next time..
    I did some 5 pt matches between 900 and 1100 yesterday and when I tanked my MMR this morning before joining Hot Spot. That put me in a bad MMR range in Hulk, so I won some fights in Hot Spot until my match-ups in Hulk improved. I did hit knock3r a few times, but there were a surprising number of 15+ matches above 1100. When I got to 1200, I didn't plan to go for 1300, but then I had some 20+ matches appear in my nodes. I've been wanting a red X-Force to finish my build, so I figured what the hell. When I got to 1300, I figured I would stop, but then Jozier attacked me while I was shielded and, apparently, got killed by a nasty cascade. That gave me 17 points (don't feel too bad, he did get 40+ from me just before that). And then I looked at the nodes and found a 20- and 24-point match. Even at the end, though I was shielded for most of the last hour, I had about 60 points queued up in the three nodes.

I think alliances have made a huge difference in scores because people are coordinating attacks better. And as scores rise, point values stay higher at the higher levels. People with 1200 scores who hit me while I was shielded were getting 35 points for the win. That increased their scores, which gave their opponents better values, and gave me more targets over 1000.

As for my team, mostly, I was running 141 Hulk, 141 Lazy Thor, and 135 Classic Mags. A few times, I switched out Mags for 141 Black Panther.

It was a good night. I finished my builds of X-Force, Baglady, and Human Torch (I wanted a 5/3/5). The covers I got from this event were the equivalent of 7,500 HP.

That's awesome! I really want to get my lazy thor up to par. I know I think twice when I see him maxed out in a team. I am wondering if the same thing will happen with this hot shot tourney. It would be nice to try and get up to 1300 although my torch will only be mid level so I think I may get attacked too much with that many points, especially in the last hour or so. I think depending on my bracket if I have a great lead for first I may try and unshield and go for more points just for the hell of it.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nice surprise when I woke up: I stayed in top10 with my 758pts.
    I had doubts about that because the bracket was competitive and scores were growing higher when I went to bed.

Anyways, a sweet black Torch. Not a priority to spend iso in, but sweet icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Strange finish in my bracket.
    Went to bed at 1032, leading MarvelMan by only 49 points.
    Was fully expecting to get jumped by at least him, Dsylexic, DecoyDuck and JoshNadel and end up top 10.
    Woke up to a green Baglady which I didn't even need icon_lol.gif
    My guess is that it was an all-European bracket and we all couldn't be bothered to get up early once we had secured our Torch covers.

But it looks like the cutoff for top 10 will creep up to about 900 soon, which is insane. Will be interesting to see how easy it is to reach 1100 the next few tourneys.
  • A cruel finish to my bracket....

I sHielded in first from 8 hours, top 10 all over 900. I watched the board and a few unshielded and pushed up & fell back again.

With 20 mins to go #2 unshielded again and pushed to 1140 just above me & shielded. So I went to the 30 pointer lined up with 4 minutes to go & leapfrogged with 30 seconds left.

Felt so bad and yet so good icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    Hit Knock3r so many times that I feel obligated to buy him dinner

It was pretty bad. Like, at least 9 times.

I kind of want to see him come in here all "**** guys??"...

WHAT.

THE.

TINYKITTY.

GUYS.

lol, I knew I would be doing an 8 hour drive yesterday so I dropped an 8 hour shield at 871 points to the end of the event. Then the craziness happened. I was getting a Christmas list of people hitting me about every 15 seconds. I'm sure you guys loooooved Patch scratching the anger out of Hulk.

But out of every 20 matches I lost, my team was juicy enough to tempt the feeble and keep winning me 5-10 points. Imagine my surprise at the end of my drive to receive a red Hulk and red X-force for all the not-work I did. SO I actually have to thank you guys!

... Except for the guys who had their ways with my Patch. He still can't sit down right.
  • Knock3r wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

WHAT.

THE.

TINYKITTY.

GUYS.

lol, I knew I would be doing an 8 hour drive yesterday so I dropped an 8 hour shield at 871 points to the end of the event. Then the craziness happened. I was getting a Christmas list of people hitting me about every 15 seconds. I'm sure you guys loooooved Patch scratching the anger out of Hulk.

But out of every 20 matches I lost, my team was juicy enough to tempt the feeble and keep winning me 5-10 points. Imagine my surprise at the end of my drive to receive a red Hulk and red X-force for all the not-work I did. SO I actually have thank you guys!

... Except for the guys who had their ways with my Patch. He still can't sit down right.

Thanks for reporting back.

So if I'm understanding correctly you went from 871 points to 1300 based on only defensive wins and you stayed shielded the entire time?

I can't even imagine what the people in your bracket must have been thinking icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Kind of blows my mind, actually. If we really can find shielded people now (I don't know if I see this staying true, but we'll see)...is there seriously a strategy of inserting a somewhat feeble looking team and riding the defensive wins up to the top? So, get to a decent score (900? 1000?), then throw in M Storm/OBW/Hood and see if people tempt fate?
  • Nemek wrote:
    Kind of blows my mind, actually. If we really can find shielded people now (I don't know if I see this staying true, but we'll see)...is there seriously a strategy of inserting a somewhat feeble looking team and riding the defensive wins up to the top? So, get to a decent score (900? 1000?), then throw in M Storm/OBW/Hood and see if people tempt fate?

Kind of wish my torch was at a lower level so I could try it.
  • reckless442
    Options
    Knock3r wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

WHAT.

THE.

TINYKITTY.

GUYS.

But out of every 20 matches I lost, my team was juicy enough to tempt the feeble and keep winning me 5-10 points. Imagine my surprise at the end of my drive to receive a red Hulk and red X-force for all the not-work I did. SO I actually have to thank you guys!

Are you sure you really shielded? If you were shielded during that entire time, you shouldn't have kept coming up in our queues. But you came up in mine multiple times, even after I hit you, and I had you queued up at the end of the match in case my alliance needed the points.
  • I'd love to take credit for driving 86 mph, while focusing on matching colors, shielding in between every win, and surviving epileptic Anger seizures, but I can't.

Only bought one shield, folks. They must have changed the back-end shield visibility somehow.

But I'll gladly take up that free dinner that someone offered...
  • Knock3r wrote:
    I'd love to take credit for driving 86 mph, while focusing on matching colors, shielding in between every win, and surviving epileptic Anger seizures, but I can't.

Only bought one shield, folks. They must have changed the back-end shield visibility somehow.

But I'll gladly take up that free dinner that someone offered...

Yeah, no, from now on you -are- the free dinner.

Until they fix it or knock progression awards back up to 2000.
  • Sounds like a bug in the server. If we were visible while shielded, we would see a lot more of each other, not just knock3r
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Strange finish in my bracket.
    Went to bed at 1032, leading MarvelMan by only 49 points.
    Was fully expecting to get jumped by at least him, Dsylexic, DecoyDuck and JoshNadel and end up top 10.
    Woke up to a green Baglady which I didn't even need icon_lol.gif
    My guess is that it was an all-European bracket and we all couldn't be bothered to get up early once we had secured our Torch covers.

But it looks like the cutoff for top 10 will creep up to about 900 soon, which is insane. Will be interesting to see how easy it is to reach 1100 the next few tourneys.

I worked from 6-12, when the tournament ended. Trust me, I would've hit 1100 if I hadn't covered a shift ^_^ Glad you got your 1000 iso bud.