Smash Hit - Hulk tourney - 4-16 to 4-18

Options

Comments

• Woohoo! 3rd place. icon_e_biggrin.gif A testament to the power of Hawkeye!, IMO. Lol
  • Thanks Knock3r!
  • I think they definitely changed something with the MMR. Have You guys seen S.H.I.E.L.D stats? Reckless442 at more than 1400pts icon_eek.gif ?
    I was skipping through opponents about 4-5 times in the last minutes and out of those 5 players 2 were shielded from my bracket. so maybe they raised chances to get someone shielded in queue?

I won my bracket, seconds too late to get another progression reward. btw - when you finish Your battle after the event ends, there is some text written in the window with the number of points You have - anyone noticed that? I pressed space and couldn't read it.

as for Knock3r - anyone checked his roster? maybe he's a seed team? icon_lol.gif
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Hit Knock3r so many times that I feel obligated to buy him dinner

It was pretty bad. Like, at least 9 times.
  • Screenshot_2014_04_18_22_58_45.pngScreenshot_2014_04_18_22_45_03.png

Knock3r, I must have smacked you around 6 times
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    I think they definitely changed something with the MMR. Have You guys seen S.H.I.E.L.D stats? Reckless442 at more than 1400pts icon_eek.gif ?
    I was skipping through opponents about 4-5 times in the last minutes and out of those 5 players 2 were shielded from my bracket. so maybe they raised chances to get someone shielded in queue?

I won my bracket, seconds too late to get another progression reward. btw - when you finish Your battle after the event ends, there is some text written in the window with the number of points You have - anyone noticed that? I pressed space and couldn't read it.

as for Knock3r - anyone checked his roster? maybe he's a seed team? icon_lol.gif

We were almost feeling we were queuing up shielded people, especially knock3r, since we were fairly sure he was shielded at 1300. I wonder if anything like that was happening or if he was still just sticking around in our clients.
  • Nemek
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:

I kind of want to see him come in here all "**** guys??"...
  • Kelbris wrote:

Well played bracket! I was hitting him every other fight but he never seemed to lose any points. Just was happy to get to 1200. You needed the IW green so I was happy to let you have it. Sorry for costing you so many shields. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    I think they definitely changed something with the MMR. Have You guys seen S.H.I.E.L.D stats? Reckless442 at more than 1400pts icon_eek.gif ?

We were almost feeling we were queuing up shielded people, especially knock3r, since we were fairly sure he was shielded at 1300. I wonder if anything like that was happening or if he was still just sticking around in our clients.
    I kept checking his score in SKYNET's alliance ranking and he did not seem to be dropping despite people hitting him. If he unshielded, fought one battle, and shielded, then did that a few more times, he might have reentered people's queues pretty fast.
  • Nemek
    Options
    This is all really interesting, it seems like everybody hit him tons. Could he have really sustained that? I barely saw him go down, as well. I think he was definitely drawing fire away from me...I never got attacked from 700 to 1200.
  • Can you imagine being Knock3r behind a shield and seeing your phone blow up with 973 pts. deflected? I'd feel like Colossus.
  • Weird Tourney. The retaliation was really low for me.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Man that was an expensive tournament. 5DV came on hella strong... Thats right I said Hella....... Hella... Whachu gonna do? Hella

Hella
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Clintman wrote:
    Man that was an expensive tournament. 5DV came on hella strong... Thats right I said Hella....... Hella... Whachu gonna do? Hella

Hella
    Funny what happens when we get nervous.
  • Crazy observation here, but the last 12 hours or so of this event, roughly 3/4 of all opponents I faced were L85 Thor / OBW + loaner - right up to 800pts where I stopped.

Smashed a lot of spiders on my way to the top....
  • Whatever d3p is doing, competition is getting fierce... The cap tournament was really competitive and in my Hulk bracket I think tenth place ended up with around 890 points... crazy
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Weird Tourney. The retaliation was really low for me.

Probably because everyone and his dog was going at Knock3r like a piñata.

Poor dude icon_e_sad.gif
  • Not only was Knock3r high points in everyone's queue, he had a super juicy team. His Hulk was buffed to 63, and a 83 C Mag and like 100 something Patch if I recall correctly.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Still waiting on rewards. Excruciating!

Good tourney though. Onto Hotshot.
  • Clintman wrote:
    Hella

Think you meant Hela...

OMG new character alert...

nope, that was Clint, not IceIX with one of his patented character teases.

See kids it's much more fun when you can have a whole conversation with yourself icon_mrgreen.gif