Smash Hit - Hulk tourney - 4-16 to 4-18

Options

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Maxed Hulk, Spider-Man, and Punisher teams are everywhere!!! It's like the two star days of Thorverine and OBW everywhere.

Oh the memories...such simpler times.

Go Pens!!! 1 down 15 to go.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every team I face has OBW, and she keeps getting purple. At this point, I'd much rather deal with a maxed Spiderman.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Do I try to be original and run Ares/Psylocke or run Punisher/Spider-Man or Punisher/oBW?
    Does it matter much with a lvl 100-ish Hulk? I fully intend to join a slacker bracket since I'm starting to forget how they look, but this is not guaranteed, lol.

Edit: got into one bracket with one of the Deadly Venoms, well lol I never aim for #1 anyway. I had #1 within easy reach during DA tourney, but I needed PvE points more than that 4* cover (don't remember which one it was).

Edit edit: oh my, both a S.H.I.E.L.D member and a 5DV member are in my bracket. Well I need some pop corn.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haven't decided who to use yet :S
    I think I'll try out Punisher/Hood again, see how that goes.
    Or I might finally crack and buy some more covers for Lazy Thor, who would be the logical fit as a green user.
    Darn these Torch covers, else I wouldn't even bother.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Hulk is just over level 100, but I've been teaming him up with Spider-man (L75) and GSBW (L41). As expected, this has resulted in me getting hit - but unexpectedly, I'm only getting hit for <5 points each time. So I'm retaliating for big points, and then getting hit back again (for <5 points again).

I'm hoping this trend continues.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    My Hulk is just over level 100, but I've been teaming him up with Spider-man (L75) and GSBW (L41). As expected, this has resulted in me getting hit - but unexpectedly, I'm only getting hit for <5 points each time. So I'm retaliating for big points, and then getting hit back again (for <5 points again).

I'm hoping this trend continues.
    Mmmm, GSBW, now there's a thought...
  • I elected to use lvl101 LazyCap (355) + OBW + Hulk. Shieldbro is seriously pulling his weight. Once I get his stun off and get the blue back I have enough to heal twice and the protect tile negates all but crit and ability damage. Throw in the 2,5k+ damage red every 3 turns icon_e_smile.gif
  • vetheran wrote:
    I elected to use lvl101 LazyCap (355) + OBW + Hulk. Shieldbro is seriously pulling his weight. Once I get his stun off and get the blue back I have enough to heal twice and the protect tile negates all but crit and ability damage. Throw in the 2,5k+ damage red every 3 turns icon_e_smile.gif
    I might try it. I'm using Punisher instead of OBW and it works great - I rarely use health packs, as Hulk consumes all the damage and I need to heal him every 7-10 fights only.
  • I got up to around 400 yesterday evening, fought one 38 point retaliation this morning. Using Ares and CMags. Ares is really useful, and this one of the few times I've used him where he's not taking most of the team's damage. This morning's match was a lot of fun; I used virtually every skill I had to take down the enemy Hulk in a single turn so that his anger never went off.
  • I wasn't looking forward to this (as many of you are/were) since my hulk is only level 51 at 3/0/2 but I'm actually thriving with him and Thorverine after a little bit of tanking. It turns out there are not that many people with decently leveled hulks, and I'm seeing a lot more of level 23's than I expected. Worth giving a try even if your Hulk is underleveled.
  • Any sort of somewhat leveled hulk is scaring away would-be attackers in the early goings (sub 400). I've slowly made my way up to 500 and have yet to be attacked.

Anyone that would be willing to take on a high level hulk are probably so high on the point totals that they don't want to bother with him when it will only net them ~10 points. I fully expect to start getting hit regularly once I hit the 600-700 range and higher.
  • BTW - MPQ gods. Thanks for the cStorm with my rage token. Good to see you still have a sense of humor.

dry.gif
  • Since I'm in a 2* to 3* transition, I find a unit of Hulk, OBW, and one of regular Thor, Ares, Astonishing Wolverine, or Daken is very solid.

Daken is best used on the desert board IF the opposing Hulk doesn't have Anger.

The choice of the other three depends on playing style and the presence of Anger, as Call The Storm will set it off.
  • Maxed Hulk, Spider-Man, and Punisher teams are everywhere!!! It's like the two star days of Thorverine and OBW everywhere.

Oh the memories...such simpler times.

Go Pens!!! 1 down 15 to go.

I'm a big Rangers fan, but I watched the game last night with my friend who is a Penguins fan. What the hell is wrong with Letang? He was pretty bad in last years playoffs, too.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    The choice of the other three depends on playing style and the presence of Anger, as Call The Storm will set it off.
    Call the Storm setting off Anger isn't too bad, actually, since it's a big hit that only sets off Anger once. Anger is a much less potent CtS countermeasure than, say, Raging Tempest, which can literally wipe out an entire high-level team if hit with CtS.

Powerful strike tiles, OTOH, would be terrible against an Anger-enabled Hulk.
  • patch, hulk, panther..nom nom nom
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i've fielded a LazyThor/hulk/Mag and its working like a charm.. on Offense, with the double nuke, i finish games really fast. On defense, it seems that the skip factor works in full effect. Not a sigle retaliation atm. Hope its going on like this.
  • I'm having fun running with Punisher and ShieldBro alongside Hulk. I marinate with Judgment, bake 'em with Molotov, and serve 'em to the Hulk on Cap's shield.

I learned don't make the Hulk hungry; you won't like him when he's hungry.
  • I have been getting a surprising amount of defensive wins with my team of Hulk/M. Hawkeye/Daken in this event, both from low and high point targets.
  • It's at about 730.

Players start savaging you right about there. And when you're not getting hit by 300-400-ish players for about -30 points, the sorter puts people with 141s OR actual(3-cover) Hulks in front of you.

So I'm taking the lumps. Then well see if I can climb after I get mauled to....400, plus or minus 20. Currently at 446.

Yeah. 732 to 446 from attacks alone. icon_neutral.gif