Smash Hit - Hulk tourney - 4-16 to 4-18

Options

Comments

• morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    oh right... well seems like I had brain-freeze there... sorry if I sounded condescending or something >.>
  • I love fighting Hulk's with lower health and 1-3 in black. It's like the other team goofed and sent me a green battery.
  • I'll probably mainly use Ares + Magneto. They're a fun combo. I really want those Torch covers.
  • Going to keep Hulk at 5/0/5 lvl 55. With buff his black will activate around 290ish dmg.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sometimes a low level Hulk is more dangerous than a high level Hulk. Because of the smaller hp pool his passive will trigger much sooner. With 141 Hulks I can pretty safely keep hacking even with a strike or two out on the board. With a small one I ran into some bad surprises back in some events.
  • I usually just attack everyone else but Hulk and build some Green and Red AP with Patch and hopefully take him out with Berserker Rage followed by a The Best There is. I have come up just short a few times though and had my entire team wiped within seconds.
  • That's a funny way that D3 spelled "Use Spiderman" in the title of this tournament.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For the love of God... I so want Spidey nerfed to the ground... it's such a crutch for people who have it and such a handicap for those who don't (like me... stuck with 2/0/4 Spidey >.< can't even buy blue covers since I lack the first one...)
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    Sometimes a low level Hulk is more dangerous than a high level Hulk. Because of the smaller hp pool his passive will trigger much sooner. With 141 Hulks I can pretty safely keep hacking even with a strike or two out on the board. With a small one I ran into some bad surprises back in some events.

Depends on how the covers are on that Hulk.

I can go out and attack level 70+ Hulks with reasonably little fear if they don't have any black covers, I only have to worry about denying them red and green for their active powers.
  • The international sign for "tanking"... finding someone at 300 points who is running a lineup of the default Hulk, a level 34 Invisible Woman, and a level 20 Modern Hawkeye.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    Lazy Cap, Classic Storm, and OBW (AGD to raise the countdown on Anger tiles) sound like good starts.
    Umm... yeah... how can I get a 4-person team? You do remember that you have to include Hulk in there? :>

Ha ha.

I'm talking about ANY ONE CHARACTER from that list.

All of them have a blue power that can be used to limit Hulk's Anger.

Oh, you forgot Daredevil who has blue stun too...
    Yes, yes, I know, poor Daredevil, he just wanted to be on your list... to be in your team... make some friends icon_cry.gif
  • God, I am so dreading starting in this event. icon_e_sad.gif I'm sure there are so many people with better hulks than me.
  • I don't think I can level my level 40 5/2/2 hulk up to anything relevant to make him matter so may not at all. Just becomes a free green punching bad the more I put into him. Maybe if I bring him to 60 it may scare people into thinking he is actually covered but I doubt it. Least I actually have non green covers which is more than I can say as of 2 weeks ago.
  • Wow.

HT covers. Green IW for #1. Red Hulk & X-Force at the end of the path.

The only thing to Hate here is the 2* cover (Karla, oof.).

And my Hulk is only marginally better than the loaner....

....I think I'm gonna do it. I think I'm gonna go all out. See if I can reach the top.

Worse case scenario I get paired with a (or some... icon_e_sad.gif ) like-minded forum-goers whose OP 141 rosters chew through my 2 sweet 2* pairings.

Well, here goes.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    The international sign for "tanking"... finding someone at 300 points who is running a lineup of the default Hulk, a level 34 Invisible Woman, and a level 20 Modern Hawkeye.
    I thought the international sign for tanking was seeing bagman
  • AethD wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    The international sign for "tanking"... finding someone at 300 points who is running a lineup of the default Hulk, a level 34 Invisible Woman, and a level 20 Modern Hawkeye.
    I thought the international sign for tanking was seeing bagman

That was in the old days when HP was easier to find as a new player. People today do not have the luxury of a slot for Bag-Man in the first few weeks.
  • I do love how in the top ten there is an alliance called S.H.I.3.L.D and they are also missing the period after D. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Speaking of S.H.I.E.L.D, has Beee started this event yet? I'd like to have a bracket that doesn't have him at the top of it. icon_razz.gif
  • S.H.I.E.L.D,

Not sure if anyone has started that alliance yet. Or S.H.I.E.L.D'.
  • 5.H.1.3.L.D