Dear D3: 8 questions that will help us understand vaulting

Options

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Crnch73 wrote:
    You don't. If you are missing 1 or 2 covers you can set them as your bonus heroes and finish them off, but really you should be focused on the newer characters. If resources are an issue for you then don't champ all 12 of them - pick the good ones. This should be no different from today - if you are currently resource starved then you should already be discarding the garbage tier characters so that you can focus on the better ones. You should continue to do that.

I am not trying to be argumentative here... but it sorta feels like you are. I usually laugh at it all, it amuses me. But for some reason, you just seem to disagree with everyone on this thread. Which is fine, you are allowed to do so. It just seems like you are on a mission to tell everyone "stop being upset"... maybe just let em be upset?
    Sorry, I don't care about your feelings. I'm trying to think of a nice way to put this without getting banned again......

My threshold for people who prefer emotion to logic when it comes to understanding these changes is quite low. And my goal isn't to argue per se, but to point out inconsistencies in logic with regards to how this new system will impact the playerbase. For example, not too long ago the advice that was commonly given was "champ all the things" and people gave it, and followed it, using the reasoning of "yeah, I'm going to champ everyone eventually anyway, might as well just let the covers I get guide my champ order." And that's true.......if you make enough ISO to outpace the release rate. But now all of a sudden everyone is acting like they are so ISO starved that they could never champ the 12 newest 4*s in SIX MONTHS before they enter the vault. That's a pretty huge inconsistency in logic.

lol, you say that you want to go by logic and then pretend that every number and issue that doesn't work with defending the system simply either doesn't exist or just magically resolves itself. Do you ever think they maybe people actually know how much iso they have/get? It would take, what 4 million iso to champ 12 4* characters? When I started tracking what I needed to champ my 3 starts I was almost the exact same amount away. I'm not going to go back to do the match on the exact amount it is for at 12 but what I needed to do it was within 250,000. It's now almost a year later and I still have one left to champ, (not even counting the new hawkeye) So I know it will take around a year once I get started, and again that is not even counting reduced champ rewards.

If you want to look at this logically and objectively you have to understand that not everyone plays like you do, has the same goals as you do, and the same resources available as you do. Until you do you are nothing but a troll. I'm not saying that to be mean or even give you a hard time. The new system sucks and causes problems for a lot of us. Just because you are not one of them doesn't mean we are all automatically wrong.

By the way, if they took out the vaulting and kept everything else like keeping the latest legendaries the latest 12 it would far more benefit the game as it would give you what you want, focus on the latest and an easy way to get 4*'s champed without taking away choice from the players.
    You have to understand that not everyone plays like you do, and has the same goals as you do.

So it took you a year to gather 4 million ISO, that's about 11k/day. That's pretty low, but whatever, we can work with it. At 378k ISO to champ a 4* you need about a month to champ a 4*. This means that you can champ every other 4* that is released. For every 4* that comes out, you have another one that sits on your roster unchamped. This new system doesn't change that. I don't know what your current 4* roster looks like because despite several offers to help you have declined to provide that information, but based on your ISO earn rate it looks like you will be able to champ roughly 7 of the 12 newest 4*s before they are vaulted. So just like the old system, you are going to have to resign yourself to picking the top 58% of characters that you want to progress, and kind of forget about the rest.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Sorry, I don't care about your feelings. I'm trying to think of a nice way to put this without getting banned again......

My threshold for people who prefer emotion to logic when it comes to understanding these changes is quite low. And my goal isn't to argue per se, but to point out inconsistencies in logic with regards to how this new system will impact the playerbase. For example, not too long ago the advice that was commonly given was "champ all the things" and people gave it, and followed it, using the reasoning of "yeah, I'm going to champ everyone eventually anyway, might as well just let the covers I get guide my champ order." And that's true.......if you make enough ISO to outpace the release rate. But now all of a sudden everyone is acting like they are so ISO starved that they could never champ the 12 newest 4*s in SIX MONTHS before they enter the vault. That's a pretty huge inconsistency in logic.

I am very much the same way, in that numbers and logic rule my world. I am constantly thinking analytically rather than emotionally in my life. There can be some analytical arguments made that still point out that this new system is seriously flawed, some of which I imagine you would totally agree with. There are other emotional arguments that I understand, you don't care about. Not trying to change who you are or how you think. I just feel that if you can't let em be upset, it's only going to drag you down too, right? Telling people their opinions and feelings are wrong... rather than just disagreeing with them... that's not getting us anywhere. That's all I meant. Let people be upset, it shouldn't affect you at all.
    It does affect me when people threaten to quit paying to support a game I enjoy because they are thinking irrationally. Again, I don't care if you want to get emotional, but I'm going to point out the areas where I feel people aren't being rational.

I actually agree with pretty much all of your posts on this subject and like you and pretty grounded in logic (my day trade is as a researcher), the only logical argument against the new system and that covering someone before they move out of the pool (even 8months later) is that you will pull more tokens for that character it does not necessarily mean they will be useful tokens as they may well be a colour that you have maxed.

When all tokens were in the pool it didn't matter as much since you could carry on pulling forever and have equal chances of *eventually* pulling the one you need. Now there is a somewhat arbitrary time limit on it as you're trying to do it before they move to the forgotten pool. Now the counterpoint to this point (why the hell am I arguing against my own points?) is that with Bonus Heroes you can (in theory) target your pulls to that character that just slipped out - therefore rendering that point moot (in theory). I believe this is the point that some are either failing to grasp or ignoring completely.

Actually the thing everyone seems to be failing to grasp is that there is no reason why they have to vault to do the bonus hero thing. They are two separate things that were done at the same time. Keep bonus heroes, remove vaulting, keep latest legendaries limited to the newest 12 with the rest in classic and you have a much better system. The biggest problem with the new system if that if you run into a problem with the latest 12 (not enough hp to roster them, not enough iso to champ, etc) that causes you to be in a position to horde everything comes to a halt as you have to draw from those 12 to even have a chance to get the old ones. Do you think people are going to draw dead covers just for a chance to get the old ones they need?
  • Fightmastermpq
    Options
    Actually it would take 5.2m iso to level them to 270 if we include the champ tax too then its actually be 5.35m to champ all 12
    Please stop quoting the old ISO costs. It's 378k for 1 or 4.5m for 12.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually it would take 5.2m iso to level them to 270 if we include the champ tax too then its actually be 5.35m to champ all 12
    Please stop quoting the old ISO costs. It's 378k for 1 or 4.5m for 12.

Yeah I just saw your other post and realised my error. My damn calculator is out of date - I've been overshooting every character I've built for the last 6 months lol
  • whycantwesyncpc
    Options
    You don't. If you are missing 1 or 2 covers you can set them as your bonus heroes and finish them off, but really you should be focused on the newer characters. If resources are an issue for you then don't champ all 12 of them - pick the good ones. This should be no different from today - if you are currently resource starved then you should already be discarding the garbage tier characters so that you can focus on the better ones. You should continue to do that.

I am not trying to be argumentative here... but it sorta feels like you are. I usually laugh at it all, it amuses me. But for some reason, you just seem to disagree with everyone on this thread. Which is fine, you are allowed to do so. It just seems like you are on a mission to tell everyone "stop being upset"... maybe just let em be upset?[/quote]

My threshold for people who prefer emotion to logic when it comes to understanding these changes is quite low. And my goal isn't to argue per se, but to point out inconsistencies in logic with regards to how this new system will impact the playerbase. For example, not too long ago the advice that was commonly given was "champ all the things" and people gave it, and followed it, using the reasoning of "yeah, I'm going to champ everyone eventually anyway, might as well just let the covers I get guide my champ order." And that's true.......if you make enough ISO to outpace the release rate. But now all of a sudden everyone is acting like they are so ISO starved that they could never champ the 12 newest 4*s in SIX MONTHS before they enter the vault. That's a pretty huge inconsistency in logic.[/quote]

lol, you say that you want to go by logic and then pretend that every number and issue that doesn't work with defending the system simply either doesn't exist or just magically resolves itself. Do you ever think they maybe people actually know how much iso they have/get? It would take, what 4 million iso to champ 12 4* characters? When I started tracking what I needed to champ my 3 starts I was almost the exact same amount away. I'm not going to go back to do the match on the exact amount it is for at 12 but what I needed to do it was within 250,000. It's now almost a year later and I still have one left to champ, (not even counting the new hawkeye) So I know it will take around a year once I get started, and again that is not even counting reduced champ rewards.

If you want to look at this logically and objectively you have to understand that not everyone plays like you do, has the same goals as you do, and the same resources available as you do. Until you do you are nothing but a troll. I'm not saying that to be mean or even give you a hard time. The new system sucks and causes problems for a lot of us. Just because you are not one of them doesn't mean we are all automatically wrong.

By the way, if they took out the vaulting and kept everything else like keeping the latest legendaries the latest 12 it would far more benefit the game as it would give you what you want, focus on the latest and an easy way to get 4*'s champed without taking away choice from the players.[/quote]
    You have to understand that not everyone plays like you do, and has the same goals as you do.

So it took you a year to gather 4 million ISO, that's about 11k/day. That's pretty low, but whatever, we can work with it. At 378k ISO to champ a 4* you need about a month to champ a 4*. This means that you can champ every other 4* that is released. For every 4* that comes out, you have another one that sits on your roster unchamped. This new system doesn't change that. I don't know what your current 4* roster looks like because despite several offers to help you have declined to provide that information, but based on your ISO earn rate it looks like you will be able to champ roughly 7 of the 12 newest 4*s before they are vaulted. So just like the old system, you are going to have to resign yourself to picking the top 58% of characters that you want to progress, and kind of forget about the rest.[/quote]

Or I could do what I did with the 3's and take my time and balance out my covers until I am in a position to start champing. As I built up my roster and covered characters I slow leveled them up, at first to lvl 94 (to keep them on par with 2*'s before champing came around and then slowly leveled across the board until they were in the 110-120 range before I started champing. Lets not forget that I still have thanos to champ, and now hawkeye, so we're looking at least a month before even starting to collect iso. 5+ million and now around 8000 hp (as I said before I am not removing characters from my roster, especially with them being tougher to replace) less champ rewards and less incentive to play (I am literally only doing the ddq right now) I don't feel much reason to stick around if things don't change. Sorry, I don't want to be stuck playing a handful of 4*'s because they want to take away the ability to level evenly either, so rushing to champ a few 4*'s isn't even appealing to me.

Can we just admit that the new system really sucks for some of us already?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We've agreed that large numbers of people don't like the new system from page 1. That's what this whole thread (and at least one other) is about.

Whether the system is actually bad or whether it only appears that was is pretty academic as of today, 7 days or so into the new program. Fight, and I, and several others are simply arguing that there's no reason that it's going to turn out to be a terribad system just because it's different than the old system and superficially similar to even older systems that were unpopular and historically regarded as bad.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ~snipped~

I have no idea what you just said. Some of it was quotes from me, some from others... the misuse of the quoting tag makes this difficult to understand. I believe the last sentence is the only one that was new, in which you were trying to just say "this sucks for some people"... Is that true? Just trying to figure out what you said, trying to read the entire post hurt my brain.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

We've agreed that large numbers of people don't like the new system from page 1. That's what this whole thread (and at least one other) is about.

Whether the system is actually bad or whether it only appears that was is pretty academic as of today, 7 days or so into the new program. Fight, and I, and several others are simply arguing that there's no reason that it's going to turn out to be a terribad system just because it's different than the old system and superficially similar to even older systems that were unpopular and historically regarded as bad.

I agree with this part. There are good and bad aspects to both system and both system benefit players depending on your roster stage.

Old system - definitely favours established 4* players with multiple champed 4s if not all - due to championing system

New system - Favours transitioners as they can cover characters and move into the 4* tier much quicker - they will just be transitioning into Carol instead of Iceman
  • whycantwesyncpc
    Options
    Well, I am truly sorry if it bothers you guys that the new system ruins my enjoyment of the game. I am going to hold on to see what the adjustments will be. If vaulting is still here that it's clear that how I enjoy the game and want to play is no longer welcome and I don't see a point in staying where I am not welcome. As much as I love the game and really, really hope they come to their senses I'll have no problem taking my time and money elsewhere if I am no longer wanted.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You claim "logic" but admitted that this system works for your unique situation. You turned down the most-suggested compromise for those who the system doesn't work for (adding the vaulted characters to classic legends) because you'd have to pay 5 more CP to continue pulling from a pool of the latest 12 (again, a system that works for you). A logical person would look at a situation from ALL angles and not just what works for them. This actually feels like it is very personal for you (and several people have pointed this out to you in one way or another). I'm just saying, you may not be the calm, logical voice of reason you think that you are. The funniest thing to me is you say it affects you when people who don't like the changes are threatening to leave the game. So rather than looking to the developers to find the best compromise you tell the customer to essentially "stop whining, get over themselves, and deal with it". Where is the logic in that?

The funny thing is, for someone who seems to be "ruled by logic" you seem to be sweeping a lot of logical arguments that point out the glaring flaws of this system under the rug. Examples of said flaws are:

- For vets: wrecking champing for vaulted characters (a side effect being the slowing down of resources/income those champ levels provide)
    - For transitioners: resetting progress for many people (like myself, Gurlbye and many others who have SEVERAL 4* at 7-12 covers and are being asked to ignore them or get them at a SNAILS pace and focus only on new characters.)
    - For newbs: Implementing a system that promotes having a small focused roster in a game that promotes roster diversity and walling off the majority of characters behind double RNG.

As for your second point (and another glaring flaw with vaulting)- Under the old system, dilution was actually helping me (and likely others) in terms of not being adequately resourced. Cover distribution was so spread out that by the time I got a 13th cover I could champ them easily. Then just stack iso until the next cover came in. I didn't have to have 4 million on hand because I wasn't champing characters that fast. Under the new system you have a finite amount of time before the characters are sent to the land of forgotten covers which is putting pressure on players on SOME players to invest in and champ asap, and OTHER players are throwing their hands up saying "what's the point?".

Continuing with your second point, I absolutely let the covers dictate the champ-order for me which is why of my 5 champs (I just bought my 13th Red Hulk outright for 120 CP, because under this new system it was the only way I'd ever champ him), 3 are garbage-tier. I said exactly what you quoted "yeah, I'm going to champ everyone eventually anyway, might as well just let the covers I get guide my champ order". And I LOVED it. You telling people to change the way they play to "just focus on the best characters and forget the rest" assumes everyone plays like you.

FINALLY, and this is a very important point.

You (and others) see things the way they are and decide, I'm going to live with it, it is what it is, no point in complaining, etc. By no means is this a bad response to such a drastic change.

Myself (and others), have decided to point out the many flaws this new system has created and have asked the developers to think about their player-base and how they may have over-corrected (to put it lightly) the dilution problem with extreme vaulting. Asking for compromise, speaking up and offering solutions when you see a broken system (especially when people in power are willing to listen and make additional changes, which I'm really hopeful for) is not a bad reaction either.

But just know if everyone took your approach nothing would ever change. And what a boring world (and game) that would be.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't read all the bloated posts, my apologies if this is a repeated idea.

Since they have a mechanism in place that allows a "Bonus" character to be pulled from a limited, user selected, group of characters... why can't they limit the general pool to be from a group of user selected characters?

You pick your 'favorite 12' that you want included in the pool of characters and your bonus characters come from that same pool. Everyone's pools will be customized.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) Why do you hate the players?
    2) Why do you hate the vets?
    3) Why do you hate the original game?
    4) Why did you not just launch MPQ-2?
    5) Why do you hate your previous characters?
    6) Why do you hate game progression?
    7) Why do you hate roster variety?
    8) Why do you not announce changes beforehand?
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If I could step into the Fightmaster Daredevil debate, while DD had some good points in that last post, I would have to join Fm on this.
    Continuing with your second point, I absolutely let the covers dictate the champ-order for me which is why of my 5 champs (I just bought my 13th Red Hulk outright for 120 CP, because under this new system it was the only way I'd ever champ him), 3 are garbage-tier. I said exactly what you quoted "yeah, I'm going to champ everyone eventually anyway, might as well just let the covers I get guide my champ order". And I LOVED it. You telling people to change the way they play to "just focus on the best characters and forget the rest" assumes everyone plays like you.

My interpretation: FM was pointing out that you will never champ everyone. You might get all the old ones champed, get the champ rewards flowing while slowly covering new ones, but the goal posts are going to outpace you. Now the field got a lot shorter and you if you funnel the iso to where its needed now, you should be able to champ some new ones before they leave.

You loved that you let RNG guide you to champing 3 garbage tiers? I only champed venom and carnage to not waste covers, wished they were in the vault at the time. I think the "champ as the covers come" was the consensus way to maximize your progress. The system changed, so the way to play has changed too. The new theory is "focus on the best characters". Its not assuming you play the same way, its more about the best way to utilize the system. If we only have 6 months to cover a character, and you can't get enough iso to champ everyone, then you will have to focus your iso, even if you pull more covers for the latest garbage tie.

For vets: trading champ rewards for progress on new characters seems like a fair trade.

For transitioners: As it was before, it is hard to get specific covers. Champ rewards, progression rewards, boss events are still more reliable at getting covers. Now, I basically have to accept that Thor (1/4/5), with her yellow available soonish from champ rewards, leaving her at 1/5/5, will not get covered. If I really wanted to I would set her as favorite and save up 240 cp. That's about as reliable as it was before. And in this system I don't have to worry about pulling a Thor blue that I wouldn't be able to use.

For newbs: I dunno how to start at 1 these days anyways. It might help their hp for roster spots, but hurt that they can't get everyone for ddq.

Seeing the merits of the system is not the same as giving up and saying "deal with it, no point to complain". Its more about finding the flaws of the old system that the new system clears up. I think dilution was bad, and so far the new system has been ok for me. I haven't gotten any wasted covers, which was my main problem with the old system. For you dilution i.e. slow progress on covers was good since it doesn't take much iso. The problem is just delayed tho, eventually you end up with 2-3 fully covered with covers expiring and not enough iso, or just tons of wasted covers.

I mainly don't like that Moonknight will be gone before I have him decently covered, but I know its not the end of the world. I just have to forget about him. Like I do Thor, Jean, Quake, X-23 etc to focus on the latest 12. I also don't have to worry about spending iso where I don't want.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    I didn't read all the bloated posts, my apologies if this is a repeated idea.

Since they have a mechanism in place that allows a "Bonus" character to be pulled from a limited, user selected, group of characters... why can't they limit the general pool to be from a group of user selected characters?

You pick your 'favorite 12' that you want included in the pool of characters and your bonus characters come from that same pool. Everyone's pools will be customized.
    Because people would completely ignore all the new characters and never spend money on roster slots.

One idea I saw that was good would be to vault all but 17 characters including the 12 latest, but also 5 user-selected characters. A happy medium. Seems like a good idea to me - probably much tougher to code.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Options

You claim "logic" but admitted that this system works for your unique situation. You turned down the most-suggested compromise for those who the system doesn't work for (adding the vaulted characters to classic legends) because you'd have to pay 5 more CP to continue pulling from a pool of the latest 12 (again, a system that works for you). A logical person would look at a situation from ALL angles and not just what works for them. This actually feels like it is very personal for you (and several people have pointed this out to you in one way or another). I'm just saying, you may not be the calm, logical voice of reason you think that you are. The funniest thing to me is you say it affects you when people who don't like the changes are threatening to leave the game. So rather than looking to the developers to find the best compromise you tell the customer to essentially "stop whining, get over themselves, and deal with it". Where is the logic in that?

The funny thing is, for someone who seems to be "ruled by logic" you seem to be sweeping a lot of logical arguments that point out the glaring flaws of this system under the rug. Examples of said flaws are:

- For vets: wrecking champing for vaulted characters (a side effect being the slowing down of resources/income those champ levels provide)
    - For transitioners: resetting progress for many people (like myself, Gurlbye and many others who have SEVERAL 4* at 7-12 covers and are being asked to ignore them or get them at a SNAILS pace and focus only on new characters.)
    - For newbs: Implementing a system that promotes having a small focused roster in a game that promotes roster diversity and walling off the majority of characters behind double RNG.

As for your second point (and another glaring flaw with vaulting)- Under the old system, dilution was actually helping me (and likely others) in terms of not being adequately resourced. Cover distribution was so spread out that by the time I got a 13th cover I could champ them easily. Then just stack iso until the next cover came in. I didn't have to have 4 million on hand because I wasn't champing characters that fast. Under the new system you have a finite amount of time before the characters are sent to the land of forgotten covers which is putting pressure on players on SOME players to invest in and champ asap, and OTHER players are throwing their hands up saying "what's the point?".

FINALLY, and this is a very important point.

You (and others) see things the way they are and decide, I'm going to live with it, it is what it is, no point in complaining, etc. By no means is this a bad response to such a drastic change.

Myself (and others), have decided to point out the many flaws this new system has created and have asked the developers to think about their player-base and how they may have over-corrected (to put it lightly) the dilution problem with extreme vaulting. Asking for compromise, speaking up and offering solutions when you see a broken system (especially when people in power are willing to listen and make additional changes, which I'm really hopeful for) is not a bad reaction either.

But just know if everyone took your approach nothing would ever change. And what a boring world (and game) that would be.
    Sigh. So many poor assumptions, I think you are projecting a bit here.

First of all, I am critical of the change, and in the long term it doesn't benefit me at all. Most recently I've been measuring my progress on the number of 4*s that I have on my roster that I use over my champed 5*s when they are boosted. Currently that number is 2.5 - Iceman, Hulkbuster, and sometimes Rulk get used over my 5s when they are boosted. I've set Iceman as my bonus hero and he will get to 370 much quicker now, than previously. Once he is done I'll set it to Hulkbuster and he will top off slightly earlier than previously, but every 4* after that will take longer. That's bad for me. But there are also some good aspects in that it gets me to a place where I don't have to waste covers. I've never liked the pressure to champ garbage tier characters and now I don't have to, and so those are good parts of the change.

My main reason for generally supporting the change has nothing to do with me, but the playerbase. I've see players stall out in the 4* transition and give up. That's bad. In fact, a lot of the anger I'm seeing here is from people simply not understanding what this change really means for them. There are a lot of 4* players in here that have been really struggling to get through the 4* transition because dilution makes it take a LONG time, and the only thing they can see when they look at this change is that the time to champ all those characters they've been struggling to champ is going to take even longer. I'm not stupid, I can see that. And I can understand the frustration in that. We all make long term plans for our rosters, and the devs just threw those plans in the trash without so much as a warning. But they also gave us a great new system that will allow champing of new 4*s MUCH faster......for people at all stages of the game. And that's a good thing.

I keep seeing people use the term "reset their progress" and I can understand why they would be so upset about that. As their current progress has taken a LONG time, and now they are forced to progress on characters with 0 covers. But what so many are failing to recognize is that the rate of progress is now 3x as fast. So any character with probably 8-9 covers or less was actually going to finish slower than one of the 12 newest characters will under the new system. So yeah, if you have a bunch of older characters at 9/10/11 covers....you probably just got boned hard. But the vast majority of this playerbase is going to have a much more enjoyable experience. And even many of those transitioners that were close will still be better off in 2-4 months when they are champing every new character before they leave. Really it's vets like myself that are starting to think about 370s that are getting hit the hardest in the long term, but we are such a small percentage of the playerbase that D3 doesn't really make us a priority.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    Options
    And again they could have accomplished the same thing by just making the latest lengendaries only give the 12. Don't do anything else and add bonus heroes, and likely 99% of the community hails them as heroes. Instead they vault give questions reasons for everything and then disappear after pissing off a lot of people. The fact that they couldn't see how this wasn't going to over that well and how poorly they handled it is kind of scary.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just bought my 13th Iceman cover. Now saving to finish off my 2/3/5 Teen Jean.

The only bonus hero I've pulled so far is a guaranteed 3* one from a standard token.

**** this stupid new system.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wait, they've changed the Classic\Legendary Tokens to only have a chance of receiving a cover for the latest twelve 4*s and not for a chance of all of them? I totally regret spending all of my CP's yesterday.

Why did the developer's think this is a good idea? Yesterday I was praising the new system as it allowed me to get my final three covers for 3* Thanos and that twenty draws with CP and LT's contained no duplicates. Now I know why I got the draws I did.

I've just looked over the "Bonus Heroes" info on the help section in the app and there's no mention of the restrictions and changes to Classic\Legendary Tokens at all. I had praise for this system until I learned this information. I'm very much in 3* to 4* transition and now this system has completely screwed me over.

This is very much a d.i.c.k. move on so many levels. This is a horrible decision D3 and you should be ashamed of yourselves. I had a lot of issues before with D3 catering for the elite and not the many before. A lot of changes were made to benefit everyone but this change has shifted things purely back into the elite territory.

I won't be renewing my VIP next month as the bonus LT's are worthless to me now. Right now I'm in two minds of even playing the game anymore as before the changes I was finally getting covers for older 4*s which made them more useful, because of transitioning, but now I've learned that the new changes have completely boned me because not only do I have to rely on RNG I now have to rely on RNG + more RNG.

Well done D3 for trying to cater for the people already "there" and screwing over the majority of people trying to get "there."
  • whycantwesyncpc
    Options
    Wait, they've changed the Classic\Legendary Tokens to only have a chance of receiving a cover for the latest twelve 4*s and not for a chance of all of them? I totally regret spending all of my CP's yesterday.

Why did the developer's think this is a good idea? Yesterday I was praising the new system as it allowed me to get my final three covers for 3* Thanos and that twenty draws with CP and LT's contained no duplicates. Now I know why I got the draws I did.

I've just looked over the "Bonus Heroes" info on the help section in the app and there's no mention of the restrictions and changes to Classic\Legendary Tokens at all. I had praise for this system until I learned this information. I'm very much in 3* to 4* transition and now this system has completely screwed me over.

This is very much a d.i.c.k. move on so many levels. This is a horrible decision D3 and you should be ashamed of yourselves. I had a lot of issues before with D3 catering for the elite and not the many before. A lot of changes were made to benefit everyone but this change has shifted things purely back into the elite territory.

I won't be renewing my VIP next month as the bonus LT's are worthless to me now. Right now I'm in two minds of even playing the game anymore as before the changes I was finally getting covers for older 4*s which made them more useful, because of transitioning, but now I've learned that the new changes have completely boned me because not only do I have to rely on RNG I now have to rely on RNG + more RNG.

Well done D3 for trying to cater for the people already "there" and screwing over the majority of people trying to get "there."

The in-game notice is deceptive. Everyone in my alliance thought that they were splitting the 4*'s up between the two legendary tokens and didn't get they were taking away most of the characters until I explained it to them. A lot of this change has been very questionable.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Straycat wrote:
    For vets: trading champ rewards for progress on new characters seems like a fair trade.

For transitioners: As it was before, it is hard to get specific covers. Champ rewards, progression rewards, boss events are still more reliable at getting covers. Now, I basically have to accept that Thor (1/4/5), with her yellow available soonish from champ rewards, leaving her at 1/5/5, will not get covered. If I really wanted to I would set her as favorite and save up 240 cp. That's about as reliable as it was before. And in this system I don't have to worry about pulling a Thor blue that I wouldn't be able to use.

For newbs: I dunno how to start at 1 these days anyways. It might help their hp for roster spots, but hurt that they can't get everyone for ddq.

Seeing the merits of the system is not the same as giving up and saying "deal with it, no point to complain". Its more about finding the flaws of the old system that the new system clears up. I think dilution was bad, and so far the new system has been ok for me. I haven't gotten any wasted covers, which was my main problem with the old system. For you dilution i.e. slow progress on covers was good since it doesn't take much iso. The problem is just delayed tho, eventually you end up with 2-3 fully covered with covers expiring and not enough iso, or just tons of wasted covers.

I mainly don't like that Moonknight will be gone before I have him decently covered, but I know its not the end of the world. I just have to forget about him. Like I do Thor, Jean, Quake, X-23 etc to focus on the latest 12. I also don't have to worry about spending iso where I don't want.

I'm going to be entirely fair and assume you typed this without realizing that you guys are starting to just type words at eachother without realizing you're all AGREEING with each other.

Like all the points I highlighted there.

No one has said the new characters are hard to cover. A LOT of people are upset with the fact they are being told in a game they've paid money to get closer to get characters.
    "&^&$ those characters. use these. Why? because why not. We kinda over diluted the pool, so maybe this is an option. Here, take it out of no where."

At no point was this about alleviating unused covers, we've seen multiple users submit dozens on dozens on dozens of new ideas to help with that problem.

Champing was their idea of getting rid of unused covers.
    To be fair if it was a top priority for them it'd have been done. (colorless)
    Compared to obtaining a literal whole extra character, with no ability to upgrade them (which was happening pre-champing for upper tier players), this was not at all for that problem.
    Colorless isn't a priority because champing promotes more spending, colorless promotes less.

I think people are entirely allowed to express how the system downplayed their progress and express their frustration without other players trying to belittle their points with tangentially related ones, which is why those two are even going at it.

And just look at how depressing that line following moon knight. "i'll just forget"
    In a game that not even a week ago got use one step closer to full on collectathon by locking some new rewards behind having all 2's 3's and 4's rostered.

You know how you fix the dilution problem of "hey we have tiers. 2 stars have a 65% or so chance of popping with less than 20 characters, 3 stars about 42 characters sharing 25% and the rest? 43 characters sitting on the last 10%.

Let's make this more fair.

I know! lets remove half the characters from the bigger tier instead of altering the percentages so that 4's aren't the end of the road goal!"