Am I the only one who recognizes how great Bonus Heroes are?

123457»

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    3.) Let's quit acting like this doesn't give more seasoned vets an advantage, and separates the player base. First of all you were only eligible for the favorites system if you're in CL8 - which is a specific portion of people playing. So essentially EVERYONE gets screwed over to some extent by the new limited vaults, but only CL8 people get to help alleviate some of the risk by adding bonus heroes. The idea was flawed from the ground up if this was supposed to be a change that benefits all somehow. The ultimate no-no for any tweak to a game like this would be something that puts people that are already behind, FURTHER behind.

To be clear, this is Shield Rank 8, not Shield Clearance level 8. I play in SCL 8, my shield rank is 71. Nearly everyone should be Shield Rank 8.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    3.) Let's quit acting like this doesn't give more seasoned vets an advantage, and separates the player base. First of all you were only eligible for the favorites system if you're in CL8 - which is a specific portion of people playing. So essentially EVERYONE gets screwed over to some extent by the new limited vaults, but only CL8 people get to help alleviate some of the risk by adding bonus heroes. The idea was flawed from the ground up if this was supposed to be a change that benefits all somehow. The ultimate no-no for any tweak to a game like this would be something that puts people that are already behind, FURTHER behind.

To be clear, this is Shield Rank 8, not Shield Clearance level 8. I play in SCL 8, my shield rank is 71. Nearly everyone should be Shield Rank 8.
    Ah, well then I have misspoken. Apologies.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    It took me over 2 years to max cover HB. I can not believe that under this new system I would not have covered him sooner. I find it more exciting to be able to max cover newer characters sooner, but ill be honest, I already have most of the older characters finished.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    It took me over 2 years to max cover HB. I can not believe that under this new system I would not have covered him sooner. I find it more exciting to be able to max cover newer characters sooner, but ill be honest, I already have most of the older characters finished.
    Well maybe you would maybe you wouldn't. The game has gone through drastic changes in the last 2 years.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:

With bonus covers it would have (and does today for that matter) taken about ~300 legendary tokens to fully cover HB. I'd be surprised if I've ever opened that many legendary tokens at all, let alone just to cover one character, however, that's not counting the covers you can get for them from other sources. I personally got 2 of my HB covers from 3* champ rewards (Iron man and Iron Fist), 3 from the very first Ultron event in from the PVE store. Didn't take that much effort to get those tokens although I'll admit 3 Hulkbusters was pretty lucky. (0/0/3, though). So that's only 8 other covers that I would have needed, which would have taken about 188 legendary tokens (which didn't even exist yet, if I'm not mistaken). Actually HB may have been one of the first 12 4*s released, so legendary tokens at the time would have had a very nearly 1/12 chance of being hulk buster.

So we'll get that same feeling again that everyone had when legendary tokens were new, with the caveat that we might have to leave those old 34 characters alone for a while. I get that's the part lots of people are upset about.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    2.) Stop telling people to sell characters just because they may be severely under-leveled/under-covered. It makes me sick to me stomach, when everyone who plays this game knows that you need EVERY character for one reason or another eventually. Yes, I've crossed the mental threshold of spending money on this game a long time ago and dropping $20+ for roster slots is no longer a biggie, but I also realize that most people are F2P and it isn't right to criticize them for being reluctant to do so. Now that it's THAT much more difficult to get certain characters, telling someone to get rid of one of these rare people to try and roster them again down the road is stupid advice. This now applies to certain 3-stars as well. Who the hell cares if you won't see another cover for a while? 2 covers is still > 1 when you DO need that person.

Sorry for snipping your quote but it was rather lengthy and I have kept the context of the bit I wanted to comment on.

You don't need everyone. If you take a gander in my roster you'll see I am missing a few 4* and even more 3* yet I have managed to build an entire roster without them which can finish t2 in PVE ( though I really loathe doing it) and 900 pts and t20 in Pvp. I did this without having about 20% of the 3* tier and without 4 of the 4* tier.

You can build a roster and have fun playing without everyone. True the game encourages rostering everyone but it does not forceit upon anyone.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    2.) Stop telling people to sell characters just because they may be severely under-leveled/under-covered. It makes me sick to me stomach, when everyone who plays this game knows that you need EVERY character for one reason or another eventually. Yes, I've crossed the mental threshold of spending money on this game a long time ago and dropping $20+ for roster slots is no longer a biggie, but I also realize that most people are F2P and it isn't right to criticize them for being reluctant to do so. Now that it's THAT much more difficult to get certain characters, telling someone to get rid of one of these rare people to try and roster them again down the road is stupid advice. This now applies to certain 3-stars as well. Who the hell cares if you won't see another cover for a while? 2 covers is still > 1 when you DO need that person.

Sorry for snipping your quote but it was rather lengthy and I have kept the context of the bit I wanted to comment on.

You don't need everyone. If you take a gander in my roster you'll see I am missing a few 4* and even more 3* yet I have managed to build an entire roster without them which can finish t2 in PVE ( though I really loathe doing it) and 900 pts and t20 in Pvp. I did this without having about 20% of the 3* tier and without 4 of the 4* tier.

You can build a roster and have fun playing without everyone. True the game encourages rostering everyone but it does not forceit upon anyone.

Just the new ones, they are forced on us. Hurray for choice!
  • OneLastGambit
    n25philly wrote:

Nothing is Forced on you. Just don't roster them. It is entirely your choice to roster any character - old or new. Real or Fake. Awesome or Terrible. That choice to roster is...and always has been your choice.

When you pull a character you don't like or don't want - hit the sell button. Huray! you actually do have free will.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly wrote:

Nothing is Forced on you. Just don't roster them. It is entirely your choice to roster any character - old or new. Real or Fake. Awesome or Terrible. That choice to roster is...and always has been your choice.

When you pull a character you don't like or don't want - hit the sell button. Huray! you actually do have free will.

So when will I be able to pulls the ones I do want again then? It is forced when you are not allowed to get the ones you do want
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I understand that this is a highly controversial topic, but please keep all discussion civil and relating to the topic. Please refrain from attacking and insulting other players. Thank you.
  • OneLastGambit
    n25philly wrote:

So when will I be able to pulls the ones I do want again then? It is forced when you are not allowed to get the ones you do want

You can get who you want. Favourite them and you will pull them at a 5% rate (better than the old 1.5% rate). You can also earn them in PVE and PVP via progression and placement (though placement can be tough without a good roster). You can also earn those trusty old characters via vault tokens and tacos (though these are limited) and via champ rewards from the 3* tier.

They are less frequent, but you can pull them. Hope this helped
  • GKar
    GKar Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Easy solution to make everyone happy for 4*s:

Two stores on both the latest legends and classics pages, one with the 12 latest 4*s and one with all the older 4*s. Everyone can go for what they want, easy way to build up new characters or work on the older ones. Prices would be the same.
  • Ailbe
    Ailbe Posts: 7
    I'm loving bonus heroes. I tend to save up tokens and cash a batch in all at once, so I tend to see bonus heroes pop up rather frequently. I suspect if you cash in a token the second you see it, and it goes awhile before you get a bonus you might think it is rigged, but trust me it isn't. I don't know how many tokens I've cashed in, probably around 70 total since this started, and I've gotten 5 Dr. Strange, 3 Thanos (three star.png ) 2 Medusa and 1 Peggy. So, my math ain't so great but that strikes me as pretty damn good percentage. My Dr. Strange is getting pretty beefy now and I'll finally be able to champion my Thanos soon. I'm not going to complain about free hero cards, I think its fantastic!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can get who you want. Favourite them and you will pull them at a 5% rate (better than the old 1.5% rate).
    Better than the old rate... if you only favorite three or so. I had 22 4* champs moved out of tokens. 24 in a few days, when the now-oldest characters in tokens expire. If I share that 5% bonus rate among all of those, they've been moved from ~1.5% each to 0.2% each.

There are now 12 4* in the tokens. Three of them I have champed (but not for long). Seven of them I have at 13 covers and don't have the ISO to champ. Two of them need covers, but only a total of 5 covers before they too hit 13.

Trying to keep up with the new expiring characters in tokens is a massive pit of ISO for characters you're just going to stop pulling after a couple of months, so they can join the Happy Hunting Ground of stagnated 4* that is a veteran player's roster.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    Trying to keep up with the new expiring characters in tokens is a massive pit of ISO for characters you're just going to stop pulling after a couple of months, so they can join the Happy Hunting Ground of stagnated 4* that is a veteran player's roster.
    Well the oldest one in there is right now is Kate and she was released in like June last year. So we will probably have characters be in there for at least 6 months.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ailbe wrote:
    I'm loving bonus heroes. I tend to save up tokens and cash a batch in all at once, so I tend to see bonus heroes pop up rather frequently. I suspect if you cash in a token the second you see it, and it goes awhile before you get a bonus you might think it is rigged, but trust me it isn't. I don't know how many tokens I've cashed in, probably around 70 total since this started, and I've gotten 5 Dr. Strange, 3 Thanos (three star.png ) 2 Medusa and 1 Peggy. So, my math ain't so great but that strikes me as pretty damn good percentage. My Dr. Strange is getting pretty beefy now and I'll finally be able to champion my Thanos soon. I'm not going to complain about free hero cards, I think its fantastic!

You have just been lucky with those results, it has nothing to do with having hoarded your tokens and cp.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Well the oldest one in there is right now is Kate and she was released in like June last year. So we will probably have characters be in there for at least 6 months.

You don't gain covers from the 12 in a linear manner though, you could very easily get all your covers being from two characters at once and not having the iso to champ them both resulting in far more wasted covers than under the old system or worse still you could much more easily end up getting 5+ in the same colour and wasting more covers, dilution had its drawbacks but it did actually mitigate the chances of that happening.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing not talked about is streaks. Yes, we've all hit them, that period where you continually hit 5-6-7 covers in short bursts for whatever reason.

I build the vast majority of champ 4 star characters this way and it is a reason many of ended champing characters we might otherwise have not champed. No more streaks for 4s now except "the twelve"...gotta love my Riri streak, so far 4 in a row with zero bonus characters.

Getting bonus heroes is just as bad as trying to get 5 stars now. Now excuse, I have horseshoe rectum implant surgery, gotta get my luck up somehow.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    By progress has always been slow. I don't have a problem with slow. Why can't anyone listen when I say that? I know the usual forumites just care about how fast they can get to the end and how they can focus on the character they deem the top and avoid the ones they think are trash. Excuse me for being such an a-hole that I want to actually get the character I want and enjoy the game the way I want. I now realize that how wrong I was and how horrible a person I am for thinking for myself and trying to enjoy the game instead of making a mad dash at do it the one way that is the only approved way. i can't apologize enough for being such a worthless piece of tinykitty in your eyes and obviously in the eyes of the almighty, do nothing wrong devs. I will make sure I punish myself if I ever try to just enjoy the game again.

The problem with the new system is that it punishes slow by taking the option away by putting a time limit on 4*'s before they take them away from you. Sorry, but I am more than a years and a half into this game and just spent most of the past year champing all my 3* characters. As soon as I am on the cusp of finally getting to the 4* transition and able to start working on all those 4* that had been release while I've been doing that the devs come right out and say "FU for wanting them, we are taking away half your work from the past year and everything you lusted for all that time. Here are a few character you have to spend all time and resources on. We don't give a tinykitty if you like it or not."

It's insulting and a slap in the face. Oh, tinykitty I am sorry for not being a mindless sheep and being a worthless piece of tinykitty with my own thoughts, feels, and opinions. I will stop trying to enjoy myself, dedicate my life to playing the game all day long, including quiting my job, so I can only lvl 12 characters, tell the vast majority of them to get lost and push to get everything and lvl it as humanly possible so I can just complain about the end game not stop. All hail our mighty developer overlords and heroes of the forums!

I've seen several people offer suggestions on how to work within the new system and you seem determined not to listen to those bits of advice. If you're set on hating it and not learning how to use it to your advantage, that's up to you.

Unfortunatelly for casual players new system is extremely bad.
    I'd gladly give up bonus heroes if I can just come back to the old system, or at least give me an option to buy Legendary tokens tha draw from the full list of 4*.

Creating a problem and then giving advice, how to partially deal with it, doesn't solve the problem.

Jaedenkaal wrote:

Whoa, now. No one is taking 4*s away from you now. You can still favourite them, and you'll still get them from vaults and etc... Can you honestly tell me you've never gotten a 4* cover from a taco token, PVE vault, or boss event? They're all still in there, and in some cases you have some choice over which ones you get. That part won't change.

I have pretty much no reason to open Legendary tokens under the new system. None of the characters that I want are available. I have 100% chance to get useless cover with just added 5% chance for something good.