Am I the only one who recognizes how great Bonus Heroes are?

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the bonus heroes are great! I want everyone and I want them at max champ level. I faved all my champ 3s and 4s that are not in the vaults and already have gotten 3 bonus 4s (Ice, NF, and Rulk) and I cant even tell you how many bonus 3s Ive earned already (How long has the new system been up, I think I've gotten more useful 4s from token pulls in the last 2 days than the 2 weeks previously). My pull rate on 3s from the standard vault has gone up considerably and now its 2 every time!! I did an experiment on the classic vault- 20 pulls. 4 5* (20%) which is better than previous, and 1 bonus hero (NF champ level) which is exactly what they said (1 in 20). Plus it gave me 17 covers for new heroes that i had 3-6 for. I'm all for the new system!! I am so happy that I can stop watching covers waste in my q until i finally have to sell them. I'll only get covers for heroes that I need covers for, what a novel idea!! I'm a more than casual player, always get progression in pve, always 900-1200 pvp, clear ddq everyday, 2* farm up and running. I also don't think earning 1000 hp a week is all that hard. Most of you complaining really don't even know what you're complaining about. You're just upset that they changed something, stop complaining, keep playing, and have fun!! BTW, you can fav heroes you don't have yet, so if you want a hero that isn't in a vault anymore just fav them
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly wrote:
    1) so set it to everyone, got it icon_e_wink.gif

Emphatically, do not do this. Pick one. Just because you don't like the system doesn't mean you have to use it poorly.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    n25philly wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    The new system is also friendly to going slow, and I would argue that it is even more friendly. It is, though, definitely not the SAME friendly as it was before. Since you have all that CP and tokens hoarded, though, you have the chance to make the transition as short as possible.

1) Set your 4* favourite to an old character you want to get to 13 covers.
    2) Open your tokens and spend your CP (or in two weeks when the oldest rotate out, if you like) at least until you're starting to get your 13th or 14th covers of a few of the 12 listed characters. Switch out your 4* favourite if you hit 13 covers or whatever.
    3) Sell your old characters with the fewest resources invested in them to get the roster slots to roster the new ones. 2 covers and level 74 Drax? Gone.
    4) As you can, level up the new ones to at least 99 (the power scaling drops off pretty fast after that). you can get them to 172 before the leveling cost starts getting huge and at that point they'll keep up with your 3* champs pretty nicely, with 10+ covers.
    5) If you're not already, farm your 2*s. Although the whole process is largely ISO-neutral, it does result in periods of huge ISO spikes when 4-5 2*s all hit 144 at the same time

Now you're all set for the new system. You have the same number of 4*s as before, so your eligibility for DDQ BB and PVE essentials should be roughly the same. Depending on where you are in the transition its likely that your average number of 4* covers per character has also increased, potentially dramatically, so you should actually do better in missions where they are required. Now you can focus on getting ISO for the characters that are at or closest to 13 covers.

2) ok...
    3) Great, love how the new sytem forces you to roster certain characters and get rid of others. Hurray for choice! Thanks for screwing us on that devs
    4) Don't really care about them keeping up with 3*'s as long as they don't go past them and screw up my scaling. Esepecially since I have no plans on pulling anything heroic or below as long as I can't get covers for all 3*'s and get their champ levels.
    5) I've farmed 2* since champing was released. It's where I get 90% of my hp on.

When characters like peggy and gwenpool are my first top 4* characters I think I am going to vomit that made up fake characters and Marvel's garbage are the first ones to the top of my roster. Again devs thanks for forcing this garbage on us!
    1) No...this falls into the lesser strategy category again.
    2) Yep.
    3) Again, no - if you are HP starved then the game has ALWAYS forced you to choose certain characters over others, just randomly. Now they are telling you which 12 characters to choose and if you don't like those twelve now you actually get to pick one (or more, but please don't pick them all) of your own with bonus heroes.
    4) Friends don't let friend softcap.
    5) Good job! That will help a lot.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

Emphatically, do not do this. Pick one. Just because you don't like the system doesn't mean you have to use it poorly.

I put the wink next to it as a joke. There are a lot I really want, but not all of them
  • n25philly
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    n25philly wrote:
    When characters like peggy and gwenpool are my first top 4* characters I think I am going to vomit that made up fake characters and Marvel's garbage are the first ones to the top of my roster. Again devs thanks for forcing this garbage on us!
    Peggy is one of the best characters in this game. There is usually very heavy competition when she is the reward. Right now you have the highest chance of getting her than you ever had before....

Don't care. Not a real character.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly wrote:

I love how everyone's answer is always just get more. I get 0 hp from pve. 50 from PVP if I have time for the event. There are some in simulator/seasonal progression. Pretty much everything else is from champ rewards. It's very uneven, sometimes it comes fairly quick, other times very slow. When you need 7000 hp before you jump in (probably a lot more by the time I actually accumulate enough) Considering champ rewards are less due to vaulting and taking away of more than half my 3*'s it makes the amount of HP I can bring in slow down considerably. It is going to take months to get that 7000 and it won't be enough as by the time I get those characters will have rotated and I'll need more. Thanks to the new time limit on when characters are available, it makes no sense to even attempt to work on these characters unless you have the resources available. I have negative iso to work with as I still have 2 3*'s to champ. Even if I rostered all 12 tomorrow it is meaningless because I wouldn't be able to even attempt actually leveling them before they were gone.

zero from pve? Even with one clear of each node you should be getting a little HP.

The issue of rostering everyone is actually a self imposed one. If you look at my roster (and it were actually up to date) you would see that I do not and have never rostered XFW, Agent Venom, Howard or Devil Dino. It has never hampered my roster progress or ability to compete. I just occasionally skip some events or accept that my prizes and progress will be more limited than normal. I'm even contemplating giving riri the boot as if I cant find a decent use for a character I don't bother keeping them. For me the game is less about collecting and more about inventing teams and having fun with them. If the character has little (or a redundant) use and/or they are not fun then they get the boot.

honestly, not rostering people aint the worst news in the world
  • OneLastGambit
    n25philly wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    n25philly wrote:
    Peggy is one of the best characters in this game. There is usually very heavy competition when she is the reward. Right now you have the highest chance of getting her than you ever had before....

Not a real character? A few posts back you were talking about how you want to roster everyone now youre advocating not rostering one of the best and most competitive characters in the game on the basis of...she's not real? It seems a little like you are being dogmatic here.
    Also in making statements like that you acknowledge that you are both willing and able to cut people from your roster. What you really mean is that you wont cut people you like. Which is fine, you're entitled to do so but you cant then blame the devs for lack of progress when you are hampering yourself.
  • Jaedenkaal
    n25philly wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

Not a real character? A few posts back you were talking about how you want to roster everyone now youre advocating not rostering one of the best and most competitive characters in the game on the basis of...she's not real? It seems a little like you are being dogmatic here.

I think the argument isn't that they'll have to roster her, but that they will have no choice but to end up with her as potentially they're best 4* way ahead of characters they actually like.

Game-play wise that's hardly a loss since she's excellent but I do see the frustration over the lack of choice, caused by a new feature aimed at promoting... choice.
  • OneLastGambit
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

Don't care. Not a real character.[/quote]

Not a real character? A few posts back you were talking about how you want to roster everyone now youre advocating not rostering one of the best and most competitive characters in the game on the basis of...she's not real? It seems a little like you are being dogmatic here.[/quote]

I think the argument isn't that they'll have to roster her, but that they will have no choice but to end up with her as potentially they're best 4* way ahead of characters they actually like.

Game-play wise that's hardly a loss since she's excellent but I do see the frustration over the lack of choice, caused by a new feature aimed at promoting... choice.[/quote]

I guess I can see that argument though the new feature only disables choice in short term, in long term play it actually greatly enables choice.
  • n25philly
    n25philly wrote:

I love how everyone's answer is always just get more. I get 0 hp from pve. 50 from PVP if I have time for the event. There are some in simulator/seasonal progression. Pretty much everything else is from champ rewards. It's very uneven, sometimes it comes fairly quick, other times very slow. When you need 7000 hp before you jump in (probably a lot more by the time I actually accumulate enough) Considering champ rewards are less due to vaulting and taking away of more than half my 3*'s it makes the amount of HP I can bring in slow down considerably. It is going to take months to get that 7000 and it won't be enough as by the time I get those characters will have rotated and I'll need more. Thanks to the new time limit on when characters are available, it makes no sense to even attempt to work on these characters unless you have the resources available. I have negative iso to work with as I still have 2 3*'s to champ. Even if I rostered all 12 tomorrow it is meaningless because I wouldn't be able to even attempt actually leveling them before they were gone.

zero from pve? Even with one clear of each node you should be getting a little HP.

The issue of rostering everyone is actually a self imposed one. If you look at my roster (and it were actually up to date) you would see that I do not and have never rostered XFW, Agent Venom, Howard or Devil Dino. It has never hampered my roster progress or ability to compete. I just occasionally skip some events or accept that my prizes and progress will be more limited than normal. I'm even contemplating giving riri the boot as if I cant find a decent use for a character I don't bother keeping them. For me the game is less about collecting and more about inventing teams and having fun with them. If the character has little (or a redundant) use and/or they are not fun then they get the boot.

I've done one clear of every node with all characters including the 4* and never got to the hp in progression
  • n25philly
    edited March 2017
    n25philly wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

Also in making statements like that you acknowledge that you are both willing and able to cut people from your roster. What you really mean is that you wont cut people you like. Which is fine, you're entitled to do so but you cant then blame the devs for lack of progress when you are hampering yourself.

Not at all, I'm not against rostering her, and she is actually one of the few chosen 12 I do have rostered. I don't care about putting her ahead of everyone else. I am a fan of marvel and care more about the characters I actually like. I hate all the stupid recent characters like her and gwenpool but will still roster them and use them. I don't care if she is one of the best characters or the very best character I'd rather put my energies into characters I actually like, but since choice is no longer allowed what can I do?

And yes if the devs want to force specific characters on us and treat us like garbage taking away characters and choice I think I have the right to be annoyed and blame them for forcing stupid customer unfriendly changes on us.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    n25philly wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

I've done one clear of every node with all characters including the 4* and never got to the hp in progression

Free-to-play games operate in pretty specific ways. Generally speaking, you either spend time or money to advance more quickly. If you aren't willing to spend the time to earn the HP rewards in PvE (should be ~2 playthroughs, maybe a bit more), then your option is to spend money. Otherwise, you'll very slowly increase your number of roster slots. If that's not an option, I don't really know what to tell you. Your progress is just going to be slow.
  • n25philly
    n25philly wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

Free-to-play games operate in pretty specific ways. Generally speaking, you either spend time or money to advance more quickly. If you aren't willing to spend the time to earn the HP rewards in PvE (should be ~2 playthroughs, maybe a bit more), then your option is to spend money. Otherwise, you'll very slowly increase your number of roster slots. If that's not an option, I don't really know what to tell you. Your progress is just going to be slow.

By progress has always been slow. I don't have a problem with slow. Why can't anyone listen when I say that? I know the usual forumites just care about how fast they can get to the end and how they can focus on the character they deem the top and avoid the ones they think are trash. Excuse me for being such an a-hole that I want to actually get the character I want and enjoy the game the way I want. I now realize that how wrong I was and how horrible a person I am for thinking for myself and trying to enjoy the game instead of making a mad dash at do it the one way that is the only approved way. i can't apologize enough for being such a worthless piece of **** in your eyes and obviously in the eyes of the almighty, do nothing wrong devs. I will make sure I punish myself if I ever try to just enjoy the game again.

The problem with the new system is that it punishes slow by taking the option away by putting a time limit on 4*'s before they take them away from you. Sorry, but I am more than a years and a half into this game and just spent most of the past year champing all my 3* characters. As soon as I am on the cusp of finally getting to the 4* transition and able to start working on all those 4* that had been release while I've been doing that the devs come right out and say "FU for wanting them, we are taking away half your work from the past year and everything you lusted for all that time. Here are a few character you have to spend all time and resources on. We don't give a **** if you like it or not."

It's insulting and a slap in the face. Oh, **** I am sorry for not being a mindless sheep and being a worthless piece of **** with my own thoughts, feels, and opinions. I will stop trying to enjoy myself, dedicate my life to playing the game all day long, including quiting my job, so I can only lvl 12 characters, tell the vast majority of them to get lost and push to get everything and lvl it as humanly possible so I can just complain about the end game not stop. All hail our mighty developer overlords and heroes of the forums!
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    By progress has always been slow. I don't have a problem with slow. Why can't anyone listen when I say that? I know the usual forumites just care about how fast they can get to the end and how they can focus on the character they deem the top and avoid the ones they think are trash. Excuse me for being such an a-hole that I want to actually get the character I want and enjoy the game the way I want. I now realize that how wrong I was and how horrible a person I am for thinking for myself and trying to enjoy the game instead of making a mad dash at do it the one way that is the only approved way. i can't apologize enough for being such a worthless piece of tinykitty in your eyes and obviously in the eyes of the almighty, do nothing wrong devs. I will make sure I punish myself if I ever try to just enjoy the game again.

The problem with the new system is that it punishes slow by taking the option away by putting a time limit on 4*'s before they take them away from you. Sorry, but I am more than a years and a half into this game and just spent most of the past year champing all my 3* characters. As soon as I am on the cusp of finally getting to the 4* transition and able to start working on all those 4* that had been release while I've been doing that the devs come right out and say "FU for wanting them, we are taking away half your work from the past year and everything you lusted for all that time. Here are a few character you have to spend all time and resources on. We don't give a tinykitty if you like it or not."

It's insulting and a slap in the face. Oh, tinykitty I am sorry for not being a mindless sheep and being a worthless piece of tinykitty with my own thoughts, feels, and opinions. I will stop trying to enjoy myself, dedicate my life to playing the game all day long, including quiting my job, so I can only lvl 12 characters, tell the vast majority of them to get lost and push to get everything and lvl it as humanly possible so I can just complain about the end game not stop. All hail our mighty developer overlords and heroes of the forums!

I've seen several people offer suggestions on how to work within the new system and you seem determined not to listen to those bits of advice. If you're set on hating it and not learning how to use it to your advantage, that's up to you.
  • OneLastGambit
    n25philly wrote:

By progress has always been slow. I don't have a problem with slow. Why can't anyone listen when I say that? I know the usual forumites just care about how fast they can get to the end and how they can focus on the character they deem the top and avoid the ones they think are trash. Excuse me for being such an a-hole that I want to actually get the character I want and enjoy the game the way I want. I now realize that how wrong I was and how horrible a person I am for thinking for myself and trying to enjoy the game instead of making a mad dash at do it the one way that is the only approved way. i can't apologize enough for being such a worthless piece of tinykitty in your eyes and obviously in the eyes of the almighty, do nothing wrong devs. I will make sure I punish myself if I ever try to just enjoy the game again.

The problem with the new system is that it punishes slow by taking the option away by putting a time limit on 4*'s before they take them away from you. Sorry, but I am more than a years and a half into this game and just spent most of the past year champing all my 3* characters. As soon as I am on the cusp of finally getting to the 4* transition and able to start working on all those 4* that had been release while I've been doing that the devs come right out and say "FU for wanting them, we are taking away half your work from the past year and everything you lusted for all that time. Here are a few character you have to spend all time and resources on. We don't give a tinykitty if you like it or not."

It's insulting and a slap in the face. Oh, tinykitty I am sorry for not being a mindless sheep and being a worthless piece of tinykitty with my own thoughts, feels, and opinions. I will stop trying to enjoy myself, dedicate my life to playing the game all day long, including quiting my job, so I can only lvl 12 characters, tell the vast majority of them to get lost and push to get everything and lvl it as humanly possible so I can just complain about the end game not stop. All hail our mighty developer overlords and heroes of the forums!

You can still go as slow as you like. The speed is self imposed. There is no time limit and you could argue that this new system will make you go even slower. Miss someone in the 12 vault rotation? Heart them as a favourite and slowly over time you will build them without even actively doing anything.

You don't need those characters right now so save your cp and wait until your ready. you wont miss anything since they will always been available one way or another.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Alright n25philly, who is your favorite character in the game right now? We will try to help you get said character.
  • n25philly

I've seen several people offer suggestions on how to work within the new system and you seem determined not to listen to those bits of advice. If you're set on hating it and not learning how to use it to your advantage, that's up to you.

It's a **** system. The vaulting was done before and it failed and it will fail again. I'll wait until monday to see if they come to their senses and announces changes. If vaulting stays I am gone. Sorry, if the devs want to treat players like **** and take away more that half the characters then they can take the game and shove it. It's a game. As much as I love this game the devs have no right to take things away and treat me like ****. You want to bend over and take it, good for you. As long as vaulting is in place it's a clear message that players that want choice and want the character they actually like and want are not welcome. I don't want to have all I did over the last year invalidated because they decided that we aren't allowed to have half our 3*'s anymore.

In case you haven't noticed the majority are against vaulting. Maybe most aren't will to leave because of it but I am. I am waiting for the official reply before making the final decision.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly wrote:
    It's a tinykitty system. The vaulting was done before and it failed and it will fail again. I'll wait until monday to see if they come to their senses and announces changes. If vaulting stays I am gone. Sorry, if the devs want to treat players like tinykitty and take away more that half the characters then they can take the game and shove it. It's a game. As much as I love this game the devs have no right to take things away and treat me like tinykitty. You want to bend over and take it, good for you. As long as vaulting is in place it's a clear message that players that want choice and want the character they actually like and want are not welcome. I don't want to have all I did over the last year invalidated because they decided that we aren't allowed to have half our 3*'s anymore.

In case you haven't noticed the majority are against vaulting. Maybe most aren't will to leave because of it but I am. I am waiting for the official reply before making the final decision.
    They haven't taken anything away from anybody, you still have everything you currently have. And I honestly believe that the devs made these changes because they thought it would help us overall.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Like any change they've made recently, it has it's pro's and it has it's cons. Until, or better yet UNLESS they decide to tweak it, there's nothing you can do other than put your head down and keep pushing - or quit. I'm almost completely assured that this is something they will be tweaking, so until they do, either hoard your CP/tokens/HP for a bigger payoff later, or take advantage of the system as it is if you are able to. People aren't upset at Bonus Heroes, they are upset at being limited to 12 4-stars specifically, based on release date. Everyone is going to in a different situation when it comes to these characters.......as only the t100 in any bracket get the character in the first place, they are immediately required for the next PVE, and will not be offered by progression thereafter anytime soon, there will always be a high need for these characters. For older characters, extend this to Crashes, PVP, and other modes of the game where they are "essential", and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the ability to increase your odds for getting a character. What's bothering people, is that this still comes off as reduced odds on older characters. Even if you can make someone a favorite and add a 5% bonus chance of getting a cover when you pull something of the same rarity, removing them from stores altogether still hurts that probability overall. Already having a 2.5% chance of pulling a specific 4-star character IN ADDITION to the ability to make them a favorite, is a greater probability than just the 5% chance of pulling them as a bonus alone. That is pure statistical fact, and cannot be argued. So yes, while the advent of putting a 5% chance on someone is great compared to just the 2.5% before the feature was implemented, it's not as good as it could have been if they just left the stores the same. With that said, some of the arguments in this thread are sickening.

1.) Everyone starts this game at the same place, and just because you're 2+ years in doesn't mean that the devs need to make the game all about you. Your 5-star, or 4-star roster isn't a high horse for you talk down and dump on everyone else that isn't quite at your level. Respect that people play the game how THEY want and feel, not according to your blueprint. Your way isn't somehow more right than someone else's just because you've got 6 5-star champs. Not everyone can whale, and not everyone can spend money or play 8-10 hours a day, so you don't get the right to try to tell people that they are managing their roster poorly, or that they are doing something wrong because they want to softcap characters to keep their scaling in line. It's one thing if someone opens themselves up for criticism by asking for help and what they can do differently, but it isn't your place to tell someone they're doing something wrong because they say raking in 1000 HP/week seems steep to them.

2.) Stop telling people to sell characters just because they may be severely under-leveled/under-covered. It makes me sick to me stomach, when everyone who plays this game knows that you need EVERY character for one reason or another eventually. Yes, I've crossed the mental threshold of spending money on this game a long time ago and dropping $20+ for roster slots is no longer a biggie, but I also realize that most people are F2P and it isn't right to criticize them for being reluctant to do so. Now that it's THAT much more difficult to get certain characters, telling someone to get rid of one of these rare people to try and roster them again down the road is stupid advice. This now applies to certain 3-stars as well. Who the hell cares if you won't see another cover for a while? 2 covers is still > 1 when you DO need that person.

3.) Let's quit acting like this doesn't give more seasoned vets an advantage, and separates the player base. First of all you were only eligible for the favorites system if you're in CL8 - which is a specific portion of people playing. So essentially EVERYONE gets screwed over to some extent by the new limited vaults, but only CL8 people get to help alleviate some of the risk by adding bonus heroes. The idea was flawed from the ground up if this was supposed to be a change that benefits all somehow. The ultimate no-no for any tweak to a game like this would be something that puts people that are already behind, FURTHER behind.
  • Jaedenkaal
    n25philly wrote:

Whoa, now. No one is taking 4*s away from you now. You can still favourite them, and you'll still get them from vaults and etc... Can you honestly tell me you've never gotten a 4* cover from a taco token, PVE vault, or boss event? They're all still in there, and in some cases you have some choice over which ones you get. That part won't change.

Token dilution was already, for all practical intents and purposes, taking those old characters away from you. By only opening tokens until you run out of roster slots (which you acquire at barely the rate of new character releases, I'm gathering) your likelihood of actually finishing those older characters was extremely low, barring the guaranteed covers from progression, championing, resupply, etc (which again, aren't changing). The only difference is now, that chance actually drops to 0 (again, barring favourites and all the other things mentioned ad nauseum already) instead of to a value so vanishingly small it might as well have been 0.