Am I the only one who recognizes how great Bonus Heroes are?

Comments

• TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    crackninja wrote:
    My frustration with the change is that I have a lot of 4*'s that I've worked to 7-10 covers that are now mostly a waste because instead of being within reach of championing them, I'm better off giving up on completely except for the part where I also can't drop them due to pve essentials and ddq. Fortunately I can win most of the crashes now, but I'd be pretty annoyed if I were newer and would have little chance at being able to build up for those before 2020.
    You are the type of player that really is getting hit the hardest with this change. If you have like 10-20 of the older 4*s that are at that 7-10 cover range that borders on real usefulness this really does suck. Before now you were 25-50% to pull something that would make a real impact to your roster, now that drops to 5% until you can finish them off 1 or 2 at a time. All I can say is - pick your favorite 4* of the bunch and try to take comfort in knowing that they will get maxed sooner than they would have previously while all the rest are about the same or a tad slower.

So, I'm 16 champions into transitioning into the 4-star world. I have a lot of older characters in the 7-12 range. I'm still really excited about this system even if champing some of those older characters takes longer.

I'll be able to pull covers from PvE events because I'm assuming they'll keep rotating through characters. I'll also keep an eye out for vaults that contain characters I need. Lastly, I'll prioritize 3-stars champions (I fortunately have them all champed) that are coming up on a cover I need for an older character. Right now, that's Thor. He gives Red Hulk, and mine is at 11 covers.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that tokens aren't the only source of 4-star covers. There are other avenues. I keep pretty good stats on what I earn. My guess right now is that I'll get ~6 extra 3-star covers each month and ~1 extra 4-star cover each month from the bonus system.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    n25philly wrote:
    You are inventing problems to hate this new system just because it's different. Forget about what you wanted to do, and what you had planned to do - start thinking about what you CAN do now.....

First of all any HP shortages you have are not unique to this new system. You should be able to make more than 1k HP every 2 weeks to keep up with new releases and also have a bit left over to help you catch up. If not, spend. If you aren't willing to spend then you will be faced with all the same tough roster management decisions that you were faced with previously, so there is no reason to complain about that as if it's new.

The benefit now though is your HP needs are actually much less now. Previously you would avoid opening for fear of getting a character that you don't have rostered and be forced to sell it. The risk of that happening now is SIGNIFICANTLY less because when you pull you KNOW you are only going to get 1 of 12 characters. So take a hard look at those 12 characters and compare them to your roster. Do you have a single cover Elektra taking up space? Sell her - and the same goes for all other garbage tier characters with 1 or 2 covers, post your roster if you really want help with this, but you can probably make some space by dropping weak characters that you won't ever pull covers for anyway. How much room you need to make depends on how you value the 12 newest 4*s, and how quickly you earn 4* tokens. Peggy for example is a top tier 4* - the best of the best.......but she will be rotating out soon. If you don't already have her rostered maybe you just commit to selling any of her draws for the time being. Carol is newer, top tier, and should be there for a while so you probably want to make room for her. Venom on the other hand is garbage and even if he were sticking around for a while you could comfortably sell him without ever missing it as you would likely rarely play him anyway.

Lastly, depending on where you are with these characters you might have to start hoarding for a while as you wait to catch up on champing these newer characters. Much like the old system you want to pull tokens until you get one that you can't use, champ that characters, and then move on. The focus should be on the newest characters. If your ISO earn rate is high enough you will find yourself in a spot where no cover is ever wasted. If your ISO rate isn't high enough you will be forced into the same tough decisions that you were forced into before.

So in the not too distant future you will definitely be getting these newer characters to a usable level much quicker than you would be under the old system. And for the older characters that you were pretty close to finishing? Set them as your bonus heroes and finish them off one by one - it will likely be faster than you would have finished them otherwise since you now have a 1/20 chance to pull them compared to the previous 1/45.

Finally, if your ISO/token earn rate is so slow that you can't get these new characters covered in the 6 months that they are available (I think 6 months is right isn't it? 12 characters @ 2 weeks apart is 24 weeks or ~6 months? Maybe a little longer when you add in 5* releases???) So you'll have 6 months to grab Mordo/Coulson once they get in there and say you just aren't able to grab the 13 covers that you need in that time.....no worries, set them as your bonus hero upon exit until you finish them.

At the end of the day this change means that EVERYONE gets new characters from 0 to 13 covers MUCH faster (probably better than 3x faster) than they did under the previous system, and so that will necessarily help newer players without any 4*s transition into the 4* tier MUCH quicker than they did previously.

Look, I know I come off as a jerk, but at the end of the day I love this game like most everyone else, and I want it to be successful. I want to help others work with it so that they maximize the amount of fun that they have. If you want me to help you work through your roster and plans just shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to. I'll even promise to be nice about it.

Couldn't get through the first point you made without being sick to my stomach with the overload of pure ****.
    You should probably read the rest of it then since I addressed your issue. Also your "clicking" clock (sounds broken - maybe get it checked?) is somewhere between 6 and 9 months....plenty of time to make progress in the 4* tier.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Oh, and I will not delete any 4*'s I already have rostered. It would be pure stupid, since so much of the game places emphasis on having all characters. If I delete a character then I can't use them when required in DDQ, or when they are essentials. It would be stupid to get rid of them as they will be harder to replace later since we are no longer worthy to pull them. You know, since this change contradicts the rest of the game. You are supposed to have everyone, so we are going to take everyone away!
  • n25philly
    edited March 2017
    n25philly wrote:
    You are inventing problems to hate this new system just because it's different. Forget about what you wanted to do, and what you had planned to do - start thinking about what you CAN do now.....

First of all any HP shortages you have are not unique to this new system. You should be able to make more than 1k HP every 2 weeks to keep up with new releases and also have a bit left over to help you catch up. If not, spend. If you aren't willing to spend then you will be faced with all the same tough roster management decisions that you were faced with previously, so there is no reason to complain about that as if it's new.

The benefit now though is your HP needs are actually much less now. Previously you would avoid opening for fear of getting a character that you don't have rostered and be forced to sell it. The risk of that happening now is SIGNIFICANTLY less because when you pull you KNOW you are only going to get 1 of 12 characters. So take a hard look at those 12 characters and compare them to your roster. Do you have a single cover Elektra taking up space? Sell her - and the same goes for all other garbage tier characters with 1 or 2 covers, post your roster if you really want help with this, but you can probably make some space by dropping weak characters that you won't ever pull covers for anyway. How much room you need to make depends on how you value the 12 newest 4*s, and how quickly you earn 4* tokens. Peggy for example is a top tier 4* - the best of the best.......but she will be rotating out soon. If you don't already have her rostered maybe you just commit to selling any of her draws for the time being. Carol is newer, top tier, and should be there for a while so you probably want to make room for her. Venom on the other hand is garbage and even if he were sticking around for a while you could comfortably sell him without ever missing it as you would likely rarely play him anyway.

Lastly, depending on where you are with these characters you might have to start hoarding for a while as you wait to catch up on champing these newer characters. Much like the old system you want to pull tokens until you get one that you can't use, champ that characters, and then move on. The focus should be on the newest characters. If your ISO earn rate is high enough you will find yourself in a spot where no cover is ever wasted. If your ISO rate isn't high enough you will be forced into the same tough decisions that you were forced into before.

So in the not too distant future you will definitely be getting these newer characters to a usable level much quicker than you would be under the old system. And for the older characters that you were pretty close to finishing? Set them as your bonus heroes and finish them off one by one - it will likely be faster than you would have finished them otherwise since you now have a 1/20 chance to pull them compared to the previous 1/45.

Finally, if your ISO/token earn rate is so slow that you can't get these new characters covered in the 6 months that they are available (I think 6 months is right isn't it? 12 characters @ 2 weeks apart is 24 weeks or ~6 months? Maybe a little longer when you add in 5* releases???) So you'll have 6 months to grab Mordo/Coulson once they get in there and say you just aren't able to grab the 13 covers that you need in that time.....no worries, set them as your bonus hero upon exit until you finish them.

At the end of the day this change means that EVERYONE gets new characters from 0 to 13 covers MUCH faster (probably better than 3x faster) than they did under the previous system, and so that will necessarily help newer players without any 4*s transition into the 4* tier MUCH quicker than they did previously.

Look, I know I come off as a jerk, but at the end of the day I love this game like most everyone else, and I want it to be successful. I want to help others work with it so that they maximize the amount of fun that they have. If you want me to help you work through your roster and plans just shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to. I'll even promise to be nice about it.

Couldn't get through the first point you made without being sick to my stomach with the overload of pure hogwash.
    You should probably read the rest of it then since I addressed your issue. Also your "clicking" clock (sounds broken - maybe get it checked?) is somewhere between 6 and 9 months....plenty of time to make progress in the 4* tier.

I don't know why every time I write ticking I put in clicking. I usually catch but I am typing really fast.

Not when you have no resources to work with. If I horde for 6 months to a year I should have the resources to do that, but now I would totally be screwed. That is my point I would need to save up for a long time to have any chance to progress. Would you stick with the game if I told you that you would have to wait at least 6 months to make any progression?
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    n25philly wrote:
    Oh, and I will not delete any 4*'s I already have rostered. It would be pure stupid, since so much of the game places emphasis on having all characters. If I delete a character then I can't use them when required in DDQ, or when they are essentials. It would be stupid to get rid of them as they will be harder to replace later since we are no longer worthy to pull them. You know, since this change contradicts the rest of the game. You are supposed to have everyone, so we are going to take everyone away!

If you're having trouble making HP, you should be able to find ways to make more. I've gotten 25,225 HP since December 1st and the only thing I pay for is VIP so that I don't have to watch ads. I play regularly, but probably not as much as you'd think. I generally try to take all of my PvE events to the 4-star character being offered in the progression (sometimes all the way to the end if I'm enjoying the event a lot or have extra time), and I take all of the PvP events to 575 points to earn the 10 CP. Beyond that, I do the Deadpool Daily stuff.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly wrote:
    I keep seeing you say I'm not going to get rid of everyone because you have to have them all! Followed by I'm not going to roster these 12 characters. These are 2 very conflicting ideas.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    n25philly wrote:
    Oh, and I will not delete any 4*'s I already have rostered. It would be pure stupid, since so much of the game places emphasis on having all characters. If I delete a character then I can't use them when required in DDQ, or when they are essentials.

Gauntlet is really the only place where the essentials are actually essential, since you can't achieve the final progression without them. If you're lacking a 4* for the new DDQ Big Burrito, you're out 2 CP, which is a little annoying but not really progress-destroying. If you're lacking a 4* for a PvE event, you can still make up some of those points by grinding other nodes. But from what you've said in other posts, it doesn't sound like you're either playing for PvE placement or even full progression, so holding onto your 4* character is less about what the game mandates and more about what you want to do.
  • n25philly
    n25philly wrote:

If you're having trouble making HP, you should be able to find ways to make more. I've gotten 25,225 HP since December 1st and the only thing I pay for is VIP so that I don't have to watch ads. I play regularly, but probably not as much as you'd think. I generally try to take all of my PvE events to the 4-star character being offered in the progression (sometimes all the way to the end if I'm enjoying the event a lot or have extra time), and I take all of the PvP events to 575 points to earn the 10 CP. Beyond that, I do the Deadpool Daily stuff.

I love how everyone's answer is always just get more. I get 0 hp from pve. 50 from PVP if I have time for the event. There are some in simulator/seasonal progression. Pretty much everything else is from champ rewards. It's very uneven, sometimes it comes fairly quick, other times very slow. When you need 7000 hp before you jump in (probably a lot more by the time I actually accumulate enough) Considering champ rewards are less due to vaulting and taking away of more than half my 3*'s it makes the amount of HP I can bring in slow down considerably. It is going to take months to get that 7000 and it won't be enough as by the time I get those characters will have rotated and I'll need more. Thanks to the new time limit on when characters are available, it makes no sense to even attempt to work on these characters unless you have the resources available. I have negative iso to work with as I still have 2 3*'s to champ. Even if I rostered all 12 tomorrow it is meaningless because I wouldn't be able to even attempt actually leveling them before they were gone.
  • n25philly
    JackTenrec wrote:
    n25philly wrote:
    Oh, and I will not delete any 4*'s I already have rostered. It would be pure stupid, since so much of the game places emphasis on having all characters. If I delete a character then I can't use them when required in DDQ, or when they are essentials.

Gauntlet is really the only place where the essentials are actually essential, since you can't achieve the final progression without them. If you're lacking a 4* for the new DDQ Big Burrito, you're out 2 CP, which is a little annoying but not really progress-destroying. If you're lacking a 4* for a PvE event, you can still make up some of those points by grinding other nodes. But from what you've said in other posts, it doesn't sound like you're either playing for PvE placement or even full progression, so holding onto your 4* character is less about what the game mandates and more about what you want to do.

lol, of so I stop getting to those 2 cp, then how am I supposed to have resources to actually pull from the legendaries then?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly wrote:
    JackTenrec wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

lol, of so I stop getting to those 2 cp, then how am I supposed to have resources to actually pull from the legendaries then?

Um. Missing 2 CP and a taco token every 40 days (or longer), and a Legendary Token every 200 days (or longer) is hardly going to stunt your 4* acquisition by any serious amount.
  • Fightmastermpq
    n25philly wrote:
    JackTenrec wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

How did you do it before they added that feature less than a month ago????????????????????????
  • n25philly
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    n25philly wrote:
    I keep seeing you say I'm not going to get rid of everyone because you have to have them all! Followed by I'm not going to roster these 12 characters. These are 2 very conflicting ideas.

What is conflicting about it. Why should I get rid of characters that will be hard to replace? I'm not saying I won't roster the 12 new ones, just that I won't pull tokens or attempt to until I have the resources to actually roster and level them. There is now a limited time to try and roster and level them before they get relegated. I have 100 hp and negative iso. If I try to roster them now I will just be wasting resources to put myself in a hole. In the new system it would only make sense to horde until I have both the roster space for them and iso to level them. To do anything less would be a huge waste because by the time the resources are put together a number of them will be gone.
  • n25philly
    n25philly wrote:
    JackTenrec wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

How did you do it before they added that feature less than a month ago????????????????????????

I horded legendary tokens and cp until I had enough hp to add a roster spot. When I did I would pull until I got a character I hadn't rostered yet. I would then stop, roster them and wait until I got enough for another one. Legendaries and cp are the only resource I am doing well in and I have 33 legendaries and 565 cp. Problem is that I have virtually no hp and negative iso with 2 more 3* to champ.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly wrote:
    I love how everyone's answer is always just get more. I get 0 hp from pve. 50 from PVP if I have time for the event.

How many clears of PvE are you doing if you're getting zero from progression? No offense, but if you weren't even getting to 40-50% progression, not counting the iso you'd be missing on, it was going to take you ages to get into the 4-star realm in either system.
  • Fightmastermpq
    edited March 2017
    n25philly wrote:
    I can't help you if you are unwilling to recognize that the game has changed. You admit to not having the resources to roster every character, so you are already making value judgements on which characters are worthy of a roster slot and which aren't - this change necessarily alters those values, and you need to recognize that. Lesser strategy is keeping a 4* rostered that you will never pull or ever really use outside of DDQ and essentials a couple times/year when that slot could be used to house a new character that would approach a usable level in 6-9 months.
  • n25philly
    n25philly wrote:
    I love how everyone's answer is always just get more. I get 0 hp from pve. 50 from PVP if I have time for the event.

How many clears of PvE are you doing if you're getting zero from progression? No offense, but if you weren't even getting to 40-50% progression, not counting the iso you'd be missing on, it was going to take you ages to get into the 4-star realm in either system.

Typically I can only guarantee 1 a day. I have no problem with slow. There is nothing to this game other than characters so what is the rush? At least the old system was friendly to going slow
  • n25philly
    edited March 2017
    n25philly wrote:
    I can't help you if you are unwilling to recognize that the game has changed. You admit to not having the resources to roster every character, so you are already making value judgements on which characters are worthy of a roster slot and which aren't - this change necessarily alters those values, and you need to recognize that. Lesser strategy is keeping a 4* rostered that you will never pull or ever really use outside of DDQ and essentials a couple times/year when that slot could be used to house a new character that would approach a usable level in 6-9 months.

Lesser strategy is changing the system to try and force people into spending. Bad strategy is going out of your way to alienate and decent portion of the playerbase. I am not making value based judgement, I add characters as I get them. The only time I have picked one character over the other is when I have covers to multiple characters and not enough roster space and I choose based on how I like the actual character, not their quality in the game. I will never pull characters because as long as they vault away characters I am not going to pull anything. Forced hording, must be another feature. I'm glad the whole bend over and take it attitude works really well for you, but in case you haven't noticed the vast majority is not happy with the vaulting. It was done before and failed and I think it will fail again.

No, deleting the 4* I have now when it still wouldn't make sense to roster new characters would be stupid. Again even if I rostered every one of the 12 at this moment, it would still be meaningless because I have no iso to level them with. I would have to horde resources no matter what, so why rush to get of what I already have when likely have of the chosen 12 will be gone from tokens by the time I had enough iso to actually level anyone? Why not wait things out since the vautling is most likely going to be recinded or modified due to the largely negative responce? Rushing is the worse thing I could do right now.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

Typically I can only guarantee 1 a day. I have no problem with slow. There is nothing to this game other than characters so what is the rush? At least the old system was friendly to going slow

The new system is also friendly to going slow, and I would argue that it is even more friendly. It is, though, definitely not the SAME friendly as it was before. Since you have all that CP and tokens hoarded, though, you have the chance to make the transition as short as possible.

1) Set your 4* favourite to an old character you want to get to 13 covers.
    2) Open your tokens and spend your CP (or in two weeks when the oldest rotate out, if you like) at least until you're starting to get your 13th or 14th covers of a few of the 12 listed characters. Switch out your 4* favourite if you hit 13 covers or whatever.
    3) Sell your old characters with the fewest resources invested in them to get the roster slots to roster the new ones. 2 covers and level 74 Drax? Gone.
    4) As you can, level up the new ones to at least 99 (the power scaling drops off pretty fast after that). you can get them to 172 before the leveling cost starts getting huge and at that point they'll keep up with your 3* champs pretty nicely, with 10+ covers.
    5) If you're not already, farm your 2*s. Although the whole process is largely ISO-neutral, it does result in periods of huge ISO spikes when 4-5 2*s all hit 144 at the same time

Now you're all set for the new system. You have the same number of 4*s as before, so your eligibility for DDQ BB and PVE essentials should be roughly the same. Depending on where you are in the transition its likely that your average number of 4* covers per character has also increased, potentially dramatically, so you should actually do better in missions where they are required. Now you can focus on getting ISO for the characters that are at or closest to 13 covers.
  • n25philly
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    n25philly wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

The new system is also friendly to going slow, and I would argue that it is even more friendly. It is, though, definitely not the SAME friendly as it was before. Since you have all that CP and tokens hoarded, though, you have the chance to make the transition as short as possible.

1) Set your 4* favourite to an old character you want to get to 13 covers.
    2) Open your tokens and spend your CP (or in two weeks when the oldest rotate out, if you like) at least until you're starting to get your 13th or 14th covers of a few of the 12 listed characters. Switch out your 4* favourite if you hit 13 covers or whatever.
    3) Sell your old characters with the fewest resources invested in them to get the roster slots to roster the new ones. 2 covers and level 74 Drax? Gone.
    4) As you can, level up the new ones to at least 99 (the power scaling drops off pretty fast after that). you can get them to 172 before the leveling cost starts getting huge and at that point they'll keep up with your 3* champs pretty nicely, with 10+ covers.
    5) If you're not already, farm your 2*s. Although the whole process is largely ISO-neutral, it does result in periods of huge ISO spikes when 4-5 2*s all hit 144 at the same time

Now you're all set for the new system. You have the same number of 4*s as before, so your eligibility for DDQ BB and PVE essentials should be roughly the same. Depending on where you are in the transition its likely that your average number of 4* covers per character has also increased, potentially dramatically, so you should actually do better in missions where they are required. Now you can focus on getting ISO for the characters that are at or closest to 13 covers.

1) so set it to everyone, got it icon_e_wink.gif
    2) ok...
    3) Great, love how the new sytem forces you to roster certain characters and get rid of others. Hurray for choice! Thanks for screwing us on that devs
    4) Don't really care about them keeping up with 3*'s as long as they don't go past them and screw up my scaling. Esepecially since I have no plans on pulling anything heroic or below as long as I can't get covers for all 3*'s and get their champ levels.
    5) I've farmed 2* since champing was released. It's where I get 90% of my hp on.

When characters like peggy and gwenpool are my first top 4* characters I think I am going to vomit that made up fake characters and Marvel's garbage are the first ones to the top of my roster. Again devs thanks for forcing this garbage on us!
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly wrote:
    When characters like peggy and gwenpool are my first top 4* characters I think I am going to vomit that made up fake characters and Marvel's garbage are the first ones to the top of my roster. Again devs thanks for forcing this garbage on us!
    Peggy is one of the best characters in this game. There is usually very heavy competition when she is the reward. Right now you have the highest chance of getting her than you ever had before....