Heroic Venom PvE Discussion Thread 4/10 - 4/17

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Frailezim
    Frailezim Posts: 68
    Options
    Frailezim wrote:
    Umm **** has the end time randomly been pushed back 2+ hours?

You guys had 3 days to relay a time change and you do:

1) Change the time frame an hour before its been advertised to end
    2) Don't tell your playing base officially.

Good job

This is my favorite part of this complaint. Why? Because the event lists how much time is left. I don't want to bash you, but you've made it easy to do so. If you played to the finish of the first round, you saw that there was a 1 hour intermission before round 2 started. If you didn't play until the end of round 1, that's ok...the timer still shows you how much time is left in the event.

I understand that you're upset, but a little reading comprehension would have gone a long way in aiding you.
    I don't want this to devolve into a messy argument, so here goes. I am fully aware of the fact that each event displays time left. In actual fact unless the pve event is split , I don't join until the last day.

So today I joined the event with less than 24 hours to go. At lunch uk time, the event was due to finish at 5:30pm. Therefore I płayed and healed with this in mind. Imagine my surprise that on logging in after work the event was still taking place.

Thinking this odd I looked at my guild chat only to discover that other Guildies noticed the shift, one even mentioned at around 14:00 there was 3.5 hours to go.

So it's not a case if sour grapes and lack of comprehension. I'm hoping that others will come forward and bring this up as well. Can other UK users confirm I'm not going crazy and that previously all events finished at 5:30?
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The end time being at 6 pm UK time/1 pm Eastern/10 am Pacific was evident yesterday. I mentioned it in our alliance's chat. I realized it at 10:15 pacific on Wednesday when there were 11+ hours left and realized it would be a problem with my commute. So the end time did not change at the last minute.
  • Did anyone with a high scaling got to Interference? If so, what levels are they? They were 260 at the end of R1 for me and I didn't even try to reach that mission the second time.
  • gamar wrote:
    All four of my Fired up Tokens have been either Bag-Man or Bullseye

Same. Have gotten better covers from standard tokens lately.

Yes you get more standard tokens, but one would assume the ratio of a missing/usable character would be better with heroic/event tokens over the standard. *sigh*
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Did anyone with a high scaling got to Interference? If so, what levels are they? They were 260 at the end of R1 for me and I didn't even try to reach that mission the second time.
    At the very end, I took a shot at it with level 280 or thereabouts, using +100% damage to all enemies. My 199 HT/141 BP/141 Psylocke came out with HT and Psylocke dead and BP with about 1,000 health left. I only did it because it was the only node worth anything at that time.
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    I'll refrain from too many complaints here, esp. since many people were like "Dur why this event so hard, derp?" Uh, it's called Hard Mode. Wouldn't do very much if it was easy, no?

But, as a suggestion, either do two DIFFERENT sets of rewards, or do only one round so the players won't get so fatigued.

Far more importantly, let's hope the next PvE is Finally episode 5 (or 4.5 or whatevs).

They probably did the second awards for eu.

I would LOVE the challenge these events bring, if I didn't know there's noobs out there who don't fight and lose nearly as much as I do. I did get lucky on round 1 (and was below 50 on previous pve) to have my levels playable and used my boosts to cover cap in the end. Round 2 deadly managed to beat a few nodes without boosts, so for my case the scaling worked this time. And the fact that you're doing great means your next event lvls will be unplayable, hmm..
    But I said this when I was a noob myself, higher level enemies should yield more points.

It's clear Du won't let this mechanic go cause they want more new players with 1-3 cover characters to level, so they would spend.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Also Re: 1* rosters scaling out the people with more developed rosters, IIRC, only 3 people in the top 10 of my deadly bracket had characters above 100, Like 3 or 4 of them didn't even have a wall of maxed 2*s

1) I don't know how my second round deadly bracket turned out, but in my first only 3 people in the top 10 DIDN'T have multiple 141's, and all of them had multiple 85's

2) There's a huge difference between a 1* roster and a roster that doesn't have characters above 100. Out of the characters that were usable this round, only the buffed HT was above level 85 for me, and I was beating >200 teams at the end of the first round. If the top 10 of an event is packed with people at max level 50, I think there's a problem with the scaling. If there's a lot of people at max level 85, not so much. You can field a pretty powerful roster with well-covered 2 and 3* characters at level 85

3) During the first round I was using HT/Wolverine/BP or Psylocke, in this round I got BP and Psylocke wiped out and for kicks swapped for Human Torch, Wolverine, and mStorm... and I did just as well, if not better. If you had a Human Torch, well-seasoned Wolverine, and mStorm, there were three Human Torch Nodes and one All-Goon node that you could clear to your heart's content without ever touching the difficult nodes.

tl;dr Because of the limited roster I don't think this was a good event to determine the effect of scaling (nor do I think it was a good event to TRY OUT a new mode of scaling), but I also think you're a little too expansive on your definition of what you think a "weak" roster is
  • gamar wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Also Re: 1* rosters scaling out the people with more developed rosters, IIRC, only 3 people in the top 10 of my deadly bracket had characters above 100, Like 3 or 4 of them didn't even have a wall of maxed 2*s

1) I don't know how my second round deadly bracket turned out, but in my first only 3 people in the top 10 DIDN'T have multiple 141's, and all of them had multiple 85's

2) There's a huge difference between a 1* roster and a roster that doesn't have characters above 100. Out of the characters that were usable this round, only the buffed HT was above level 85 for me, and I was beating >200 teams at the end of the first round. If the top 10 of an event is packed with people at max level 50, I think there's a problem with the scaling. If there's a lot of people at max level 85, not so much. You can field a pretty powerful roster with well-covered 2 and 3* characters at level 85

3) During the first round I was using HT/Wolverine/BP or Psylocke, in this round I got BP and Psylocke wiped out and for kicks swapped for Human Torch, Wolverine, and mStorm... and I did just as well, if not better. If you had a Human Torch, well-seasoned Wolverine, and mStorm, there were three Human Torch Nodes and one All-Goon node that you could clear to your heart's content without ever touching the difficult nodes.

tl;dr Because of the limited roster I don't think this was a good event to determine the effect of scaling (nor do I think it was a good event to TRY OUT a new mode of scaling), but I also think you're a little too expansive on your definition of what you think a "weak" roster is

Ok first off, how the **** did you manage 200+..?!

2) There's indeed a huge difference when the enemies are VERY different between levels
  • gamar wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Ok first off, how the tinykitty did you manage 200+..?!

2) There's indeed a huge difference when the enemies are VERY different between levels

There's matches where bullseye gets a couple early purples off or you can't match away a threaten countdown and so you just lose, but with some luck a level 120 torch and a couple of 85s is enough to take down level 200 yelena and/or bullseye and/or goons. You don't have to beat them every attempt, decide when things are going sour BEFORE your heroes get to 1/3 health, retreat and do some prologue healing. You still get your points for winning 1 in 3 attempts or 1 in 4 attempts.

And of course, there was no Daken in the high point nodes so fortunately level 200 Daken was off the menu
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IHatePVP wrote:
    I'll refrain from too many complaints here, esp. since many people were like "Dur why this event so hard, derp?" Uh, it's called Hard Mode. Wouldn't do very much if it was easy, no?

But, as a suggestion, either do two DIFFERENT sets of rewards, or do only one round so the players won't get so fatigued.

Pro-tip: Hard mode gives 200/500 versus "easy's" 10/100 io.
    And most to all of the "difficulty" complaints are that the "challenge" was achieved through **** rosters and obscene scaling for those with high/maxed out characters in the limited roster.

But please, continue to let us know how proMLG you are for rising to the super hard pve occasion.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But please, continue to let us know how proMLG you are for rising to the super hard pve occasion.
    I mean, when phantron is saying that the scaling is getting a little out of hand...
  • Frailezim wrote:
    Frailezim wrote:

Good job

This is my favorite part of this complaint. Why? Because the event lists how much time is left. I don't want to bash you, but you've made it easy to do so. If you played to the finish of the first round, you saw that there was a 1 hour intermission before round 2 started. If you didn't play until the end of round 1, that's ok...the timer still shows you how much time is left in the event.

I understand that you're upset, but a little reading comprehension would have gone a long way in aiding you.
    I don't want this to devolve into a messy argument, so here goes. I am fully aware of the fact that each event displays time left. In actual fact unless the pve event is split , I don't join until the last day.

So today I joined the event with less than 24 hours to go. At lunch uk time, the event was due to finish at 5:30pm. Therefore I płayed and healed with this in mind. Imagine my surprise that on logging in after work the event was still taking place.

Thinking this odd I looked at my guild chat only to discover that other Guildies noticed the shift, one even mentioned at around 14:00 there was 3.5 hours to go.

So it's not a case if sour grapes and lack of comprehension. I'm hoping that others will come forward and bring this up as well. Can other UK users confirm I'm not going crazy and that previously all events finished at 5:30?

You're wrong.
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    Far more importantly, let's hope the next PvE is Finally episode 5 (or 4.5 or whatevs).
    Lyrian wrote:
    Fresh up on the news page, a rerun of The Hunt to win Falcon covers should start at Noon EDT (4 PM GMT) today.

.....goddammit.... icon_e_sad.gif
  • Frailezim wrote:

I'm the UKest of UK players, and I knew it was finishing at 6pm, 24 hours prior to the finish time. It pays to pay attention. icon_e_wink.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    Frailezim wrote:
    Frailezim wrote:

Good job

You're wrong.

735742.jpg?1359758013