Heroic Venom PvE Discussion Thread 4/10 - 4/17

Options

Comments

• It took 30 minutes for my deadly bracket to go from 911 players to 1000, and I did not enter until only 2 hours remained. Whatever bracket is filling now may have very few players. Whoever enters deadly right now should have absolutely no trouble making top 20.

Or 2.
  • Well, it looks like it's mostly impossible for me to get even into the Top 100 of the Normal mode. Looking forward to some **** covers to sell. I'm looking forward to this event being done.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why is this event still going on?? Did I miss an announcement?
  • It's going until 1PM EST.

And I just got a Standard Token from one map... got my (at least) sixth Green Ares Cover. I still can't get a red one to save my life. icon_razz.gif

Not even gonna try to do Deadly at this point. Only ever did the very first mission, and the one that LEADS to the HT required missions is a Hard mission. No thanks.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Frailezim wrote:
    Umm **** has the end time randomly been pushed back 2+ hours?

You guys had 3 days to relay a time change and you do:

1) Change the time frame an hour before its been advertised to end
    2) Don't tell your playing base officially.

Good job
    Ummmm no. The end time has always been at the current end time.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Frailezim wrote:

Good job
    Ummmm no. The end time has always been at the current end time.

Yup, both rounds ran the same amount the time. Only difference is that these were run with a one hour gap between, not back-to-back like previous reruns.
  • I went home early for lunch hoping to catch the last 15 minutes of it, not having caught the atypical end time. Got up to #7 in deadly with 26 minutes left before I had to go back to work - hoping that's enough for top 20. If not, at least I should have top 50. I wish I had noticed the time earlier; I could have timed lunch better.
  • Gratz to S.H.I.E.L.D for winning the Deadly Node! Great jump in the last hour!

Il Palazzo won my bracket - he jumped over TheLadder and beezer in the last minutes - really amazing thing to watch!

Also congratz to my team - we finished #4 in Deadly and around #46 in Normal - jumping from #133. Good job my boys!
  • The Event ended THREE whole minutes ago. WER R D Awardz?1
  • Well that was awful. I hope I never ever have to do that again.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    See, I knew about the endtime, but wasn't able to take a full lunch break at work today. Scrambled just trying to get to the 100 HP reward breakpoints.
  • Ghast wrote:
    The Event ended THREE whole minutes ago. WER R D Awardz?1

I got mine 3 minutes ago. Getgud nub
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Words cannot express how happy I am this event is over. Time to work on getting those Uber Daken covers now right?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    The Event ended THREE whole minutes ago. WER R D Awardz?1

I got mine 3 minutes ago. Getgud nub
    What's the refresh time on the rewards? icon_lol.gif
  • All four of my Fired up Tokens have been either Bag-Man or Bullseye

Since about the time event tokens stopped giving guaranteed characters, every single one of my standard tokens has been a 1* cover, and almost every one of my heroic tokens, event tokens, and courageous/diabolical tokens (aside from a black OBW that I actually needed and a purple moonstone I didn't) has been 2* cap, bullseye, or bagman. I can't remember the last time I saw a 3* or HP.

In any card battler It's to be expected that most of what you open is trash but this is just ridiculous. In the past tokens have gotten me more excited than placement rewards because the random nature makes them fun to open, but it's not fun when I never, ever pull anything above a token's "lowest value" reward and I've gotten more purple bullseyes in the past month than every other 2* cover combined. There's got to be some way that d3p can adjust their probability algorithm to see when someone is having an insanely unlucky streak and throw them a bone icon_e_sad.gif
  • hulk black (stand token) and top2 for yellow x-force, great reward lol
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Frailezim wrote:

Good job

This is my favorite part of this complaint. Why? Because the event lists how much time is left. I don't want to bash you, but you've made it easy to do so. If you played to the finish of the first round, you saw that there was a 1 hour intermission before round 2 started. If you didn't play until the end of round 1, that's ok...the timer still shows you how much time is left in the event.

I understand that you're upset, but a little reading comprehension would have gone a long way in aiding you.
  • ITS OVER.....ITS OVER....I CANT BELIEVE ITS OVER icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also Re: 1* rosters scaling out the people with more developed rosters, IIRC, only 3 people in the top 10 of my deadly bracket had characters above 100, Like 3 or 4 of them didn't even have a wall of maxed 2*s
  • I'll refrain from too many complaints here, esp. since many people were like "Dur why this event so hard, derp?" Uh, it's called Hard Mode. Wouldn't do very much if it was easy, no?

But, as a suggestion, either do two DIFFERENT sets of rewards, or do only one round so the players won't get so fatigued.

Far more importantly, let's hope the next PvE is Finally episode 5 (or 4.5 or whatevs).