Heroic Venom PvE Discussion Thread 4/10 - 4/17

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah, these boosted dakens are destroying my whole team with match damage alone
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Bah, these boosted dakens are destroying my whole team with match damage alone
    Just wait, in a few weeks it will be a Boosted Lazy Daken.... ugh.
  • you can place in top 20 without touching a daken node. so if they're troublesome, skip them.
  • bloodwars wrote:
    you can place in top 20 without touching a daken node. so if they're troublesome, skip them.

The issue is that the high point non-Daken nodes has the Muscle - or also known as "oh **** oh **** 2 insane strike tiles and an AOE attack... and the countdown tiles are at separate corners... time to use 3 health packs".
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ^ Do not match yellow/blue until Muscle starts pumping out his tiles. At any rate, the best combo to deal with those nodes is BP/mStorm (HT is the third). And mStorm, well, shatters the board, and there's no Daken to punish you for collecting green. If there's not enough green for Lightning Storm, abuse Mistress > Battleplan combo and deploy Flame Jet instead. I am barely wiping or rarely even taking damage on HT nodes, and I kill Bullseye/Yelena first, ignoring the goons.
  • I've played very little of it this time around. Finished top 10 easy, top 20 deadly on the first one. Combined with a top 5 on the pvp that ended the same time, and the first time Lazyshield was given out, I'm only missing one blue.

Factor in not needing the covers, the worse ending time, and a general boredom of grinding the same tournament again I haven't really played much of this one. Did a clear of every node once in easy just for the ISO, have hit the essentials a couple times since then, will hit them again in the morning, and probably place top 200 or higher. Played less nodes on deadly, didn't even unlock the last chunk. Played to the point that I unlocked the essentials, played them all once, had to boost through them, might do that again tomorrow. Probably pick up a top 200 there as well.

Just really don't have much interest in it, won't even hit the progression token in deadly.
    Doesn't hold my interest really.
  • With the way rubberband works it's pretty much if you do 3 of the highest mission twice you'll always be top 5 unless you started out ridiculously behind. But since everyone else can do exactly the same thing there's no significant advantage there. It does make it very easy to keep pace but keep in mind whoever started out ahead is always the guy who can do his mission the latest.

The first time I fought Muscles I thought the strike tile damage was a typo. Since Tommy Gun has been nerfed some (they used to do way more damage) it might even make more sense to try to stop Threaten over Tommy Guns, though Storm still can't take a Tommy Gun reliably so you often don't have much of a choice there. Thankfully the AI is pretty good about helping you out by matching the tiles themselves, and Yelena has one of the lowest HP in the game. Once she's gone, you can usually get away with not dealing with Threaten and only focus on the Tommy Guns.
  • Phantron wrote:
    With the way rubberband works it's pretty much if you do 3 of the highest mission twice you'll always be top 5 unless you started out ridiculously behind. But since everyone else can do exactly the same thing there's no significant advantage there.
    That depends on the people in your bracket. I've been doing what you described for the second round and I'm below 100 rank. I didn't do every node due to not having leveled 3* characters and not having enough time this week. Another reason is this round started when I was asleep. When I woke up it was already very hard for me to get to HT nodes.
  • I fought a few this morning to get up to #3 in deadly. Assuming I'm able to head home a little early for lunch, I'll be able to fight maybe 2-3 matches right before it ends, if I have to, and I'm hoping that means I'll have at least a shot at top 20, though I'm not optimistic. My brackets been generally quiet enough I'm hoping it works out.

In easy, I was at like #100 and didn't see the point in pushing. I don't need the red cover or any 2*s, so the only difference between #100 and #101 is the 250 ISO more in ISO I get for selling the 3* vs. 2* cover. I'm hoping I'm in the top (is it 200 or 250?) at the end, mainly for the HP difference.
  • Currently at 14th and headed to work, really hope I stay in the top 100 because I just need the one red to finish shield bro. Somehow not immensely confident that will be the case though icon_neutral.gif
  • locked wrote:
    ^ Do not match yellow/blue until Muscle starts pumping out his tiles. At any rate, the best combo to deal with those nodes is BP/mStorm (HT is the third). And mStorm, well, shatters the board, and there's no Daken to punish you for collecting green. If there's not enough green for Lightning Storm, abuse Mistress > Battleplan combo and deploy Flame Jet instead. I am barely wiping or rarely even taking damage on HT nodes, and I kill Bullseye/Yelena first, ignoring the goons.

So erm... what happens if the only 1*s I possess are MBW/Venom/Jugg for 1* Tourneys...?

Kinda limited on choices here with regards to board control.
  • Anybody having problem with their points this morning not adding?

I have done 4-5 matches and won and my points are not getting added to my total?
  • i have done 3 nodes (x2) once a day and i am in top 5 in deadly. Its making a mockery of the pain i went through in round 1 with my lame **** team of max wolvie, BP- 30 and Buff HT.

I'm doing the same thing and I pretty much feel like I am abusing the game. But, that's what they gave us so I'm going to exploit it. I just need one yellow cap cover...

That's about what I've been doing as well and I'm only it top 100.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Doragon wrote:
    So erm... what happens if the only 1*s I possess are MBW/Venom/Jugg for 1* Tourneys...?

Oh, hope you rebuild mStorm soon, she rules all of PvE, just doesn't survive AoE very well, lol.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Doragon wrote:

Oh, hope you rebuild mStorm soon, she rules all of PvE, just doesn't survive AoE very well, lol.

I love mStorm. She was just the last man standing in a fight against Yelena - Hitman - Muscle. HT was down just before I managed to kill Yelena. I killed the Hitman but then lost BP. Storm had 160 health against the Muscle's 3000+ health but she came out on top. She is awesome.
  • joined a deadly bracket with 45 mins left, cranked out those high point missions, in a solid first... wait what 1 hour 6 mins left

i.... i didn't think my cunning plan all the way through

TINY KITTY NONSTANDARD EVENT ENDING TIMES
  • gamar wrote:
    joined a deadly bracket with 45 mins left, cranked out those high point missions, in a solid first... wait what 1 hour 6 mins left

i.... i didn't think my cunning plan all the way through

TINY KITTY NONSTANDARD EVENT ENDING TIMES

Just what I noticed as well icon_e_smile.gif

Guess it gives me time to get better spots than top20 and top50 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm just aiming for top 50: 500/1000 more iso is not worth the pain of playing this event and increasing my MMR. Ready for this event to be over.
  • Frailezim
    Frailezim Posts: 68
    Options
    Umm **** has the end time randomly been pushed back 2+ hours?

You guys had 3 days to relay a time change and you do:

1) Change the time frame an hour before its been advertised to end
    2) Don't tell your playing base officially.

Good job
  • I'm just aiming for top 50: 500/1000 more iso is not worth the pain of playing this event and increasing my MMR. Ready for this event to be over.

On easy I just went for the Fired up token and quit, on Hard I was going to join at the very last minute and hit the torch nodes to try for top 2

this is me right now, except with an X-Force cover instead of money

696ef4bc87841ba50a538b6d0106df32.jpg?itok=mDjSIjnm