Heroic Venom PvE Discussion Thread 4/10 - 4/17

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I cannot beat Interference on Deadly, what are your strategies?

It's the one with Daken, Bullseye and Ragnarok, second to last. They are level 189. Not dropping levels yet after 2 or more wipes.
    I have tried taking mHawkeye and boosting blue to stun Bullseye/Daken, didn't work so great. I don't need to beat it, just curious if I can do it. Heavy hitters only? Psylocke/BP/HT? Sub Wolverine instead of HT? His green strikes are weak compared to the 3*s and red isn't strong enough to kill Bullseye/Daken anyway, but he has some longevity.

Edit: nope, HT/BP/Psylocke with crazy damage boosting also failed (the board refused to give me blacks early on).
  • locked wrote:
    I cannot beat Interference on Deadly, what are your strategies?

It's the one with Daken, Bullseye and Ragnarok, second to last. They are level 189. Not dropping levels yet after 2 or more wipes.
    I have tried taking mHawkeye and boosting blue to stun Bullseye/Daken, didn't work so great. I don't need to beat it, just curious if I can do it. Heavy hitters only? Psylocke/BP/HT? Sub Wolverine instead of HT? His green strikes are weak compared to the 3*s and red isn't strong enough to kill Bullseye/Daken anyway, but he has some longevity.

Edit: nope, HT/BP/Psylocke with crazy damage boosting also failed (the board refused to give me blacks early on).

I have them at 115, but I'm facing the same problem. I'm leaving it unbeaten, since my BP isn't fully covered and I have the bare minimum to compete in this event. Maybe A fully covered BP with 6 black AP boost AND +100% damage boost AND a good starting board AND the luck of Bullseye not getting purple matches could be the way to go... It really sucks not having any reliable stunner.
  • Is it a good time to enter the event?
  • alexsteeve wrote:
    Is it a good time to enter the event?
    Honestly, unless you liked be punched in the face and kicked in the nuts simultaneously, it's never a good time to enter this event. icon_e_wink.gif
  • alexsteeve wrote:
    Honestly, unless you liked be punched in the face and kicked in the nuts simultaneously, it's never a good time to enter this event. icon_e_wink.gif

kkkkkkkkk thank you for the advise, but the beat begun in the moment I installed the game... But I planned to begin now, replay 12 hours from now, and 24 hours from now, and hope to beat the points the alliances want me to make...
  • This thing is massacring me this time - I'm probably getting total team deaths about every other node in deadly. I'm glad I'm not pushing for the prizes this time - I think I'm going to keep doing it, annoying as it is, because at least I"m lowering my PVE MMR. Plus, the people I'm using in it aren't the people I"ll be using in the other events.
  • alexsteeve wrote:
    alexsteeve wrote:

kkkkkkkkk thank you for the advise, but the beat begun in the moment I installed the game... But I planned to begin now, replay 12 hours from now, and 24 hours from now, and hope to beat the points the alliances want me to make...
    In all seriousness, join any time you want.
    Rubberbanding means the only difference will be which bracket you are in and how much community scaling has raised the node levels.
  • Viorala wrote:
    Torch, IM35, and mStorm has actually worked surprisingly well for the goon fights. Need some more punch for the villains: Torch is my damage soaker, I use Wolvie and BT, and then Psylocke and Torch work well together too with mHawkeye. mHawekeye's stun is really useful except with Ragnaros so I focus on him first, hence needing a damage soaker.

I think we have a WOW player who got lost in the firelands icon_e_smile.gif
  • On deadly I can't get past the first node on the north path Venom/"healer"/flamethrower

And on the south path I can't get past the first Daken node. Enemies are around 100-120.

My team is ok but still, snare from venom and strike tiles from Daken do me in.

Psylocke 126
    BP 89
    m.Storm 50/HT 110 (1/1/0)
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does anyone know if the Heroic Tokens can only be used for this event? I don't need them right now so I plan to save them for the next Heroic event unless they expire at the end of Heroic Venom.
  • All event specific tokens convert to standard heroics once the event is over. I am saving my cap pvp token because my cap is fully covered.

I personally would use the torch once as you can get torch psylocke or bp I believe. Got a 2* and a red torch from my two last round.
  • vudu3
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Does anyone know if the Heroic Tokens can only be used for this event? I don't need them right now so I plan to save them for the next Heroic event unless they expire at the end of Heroic Venom.

Sorry--I meant Heroic Boosts, not Heroic Tokens. I'm talking about the Target Lock +50% Damage to all enemies/HAMMER/Maggia boosts.
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    Viorala wrote:
    Torch, IM35, and mStorm has actually worked surprisingly well for the goon fights. Need some more punch for the villains: Torch is my damage soaker, I use Wolvie and BP, and then Psylocke and Torch work well together too with mHawkeye. mHawekeye's stun is really useful except with Ragnaros so I focus on him first, hence needing a damage soaker.

I think we have a WOW player who got lost in the firelands icon_e_smile.gif

Oops...Nice catch! I was really tired when I wrote that, lol.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    The change in regards to how I play events is funny. In this event I have a fully covered lazy shieldbro but I'm still hitting the resets every 12 hours. Why? Because my allinace mates believe we have a shot at #1 in one or maybe both brackets. Normally I'd just lay off and play only the pvp events. (Looking forward to the upcoming lighting rounds) But with the added incentive of a possible extra 400 hp if we place first I'm grinding this one more than I did the first when I actually needed those shieldbro covers. Well done devs. You've successfully taken me from kinda hardcore to hardcore. My school work is slipping and my life is falling apart thanks to you! Jk but seriously it was a brillant stroke by adding alliances. I now have more reason to play so that I can say I wasn't the one who made us miss out on first. Anyone else now have this dilemma?

On topic: the scaling monster has hit me hard in deadly. I haven't even made it past the first bullseye and daken so I'm just hitting the essential HT one's.
  • Yeah I haven't passed the first bullseye and dakan yet either in deadly this round.
  • Since I'm in a 5-Person Alliance, we pretty much don't have a shot at getting any of the Cover rewards for... well, any event really. Would it be worth it to invest in another Alliance Roster spot? Wishing they weren't so much HP, but can't do anything about that.

Assuming I can get to the area in the Deadly Board, I'm probably only doing the Goon Only and the HT-Required boards on Deadly and Normal. I don't need even more frustration than I'll probably get from those. icon_lol.gif
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    Since I'm in a 5-Person Alliance, we pretty much don't have a shot at getting any of the Cover rewards for... well, any event really. Would it be worth it to invest in another Alliance Roster spot? Wishing they weren't so much HP, but can't do anything about that.

Assuming I can get to the area in the Deadly Board, I'm probably only doing the Goon Only and the HT-Required boards on Deadly and Normal. I don't need even more frustration than I'll probably get from those. icon_lol.gif

Maybe try to get people to pay in, or open up the next slot. That seems to work well, and gets you to full alliance fast.
  • What do you do to get people to join and pay for the next spot? Is it just something to do in the Alliances forum?
  • basically, just make a post, or contact people from the free agents thread and see if there is interest. It would probably help too if you alliance members get decent scores in events
  • vudu3
    Options
    I bought a spot in my alliance for something like 800 HP and it's paid off in spades. To date we've received every alliance cover reward except for the Dark Avengers PVP which we just barely missed because most of us didn't have good Dark Avenger teams. I've lost count of how many extra covers this has given me but it's probably hovering around 10 and I expect to continue getting alliance covers for the foreseeable future. Even if I were the last person to join the alliance and it cost me 2,000 HP this would be a steal.

Go to the Alliance board, create a thread for your alliance and sell yourself. Cross post in the Alliance Looking for a Member thread. It helps if your team is composed of players with at least strong 2* rosters. If they're not--or if this just sounds like too much work for you--consider dropping your current alliance and buying your way into an existing strong alliance. The alliance board has a separate thread for Single Players Looking For an Alliance.