Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Switcheroo Swap selected tiles. Selected tiles become web tiles. These web tiles count toward the number of webs needed for snarky remark.

Web-Slinger Lock selected tiles (in a sticky cocoon). Resulting tiles are not web tiles, name notwithstanding. They are are "locked" and do not count toward snarky remark.

Snarky remark Increases timer on selected countdown timers by a certain amount. If the level of the ability ability affects two countdown tiles, two countdown tiles must be on the board (cannot use if one countdown tile is on board). Friendly countdown tiles may be selected. Webs from Spider-Man's All-Tied Up, Venom's Symbiote Snare, and Bag Man's Switcheroo count toward the timer increase.

Evaluation:
    Switcheroo is a nice ability but it is VERY expensive. Its unfortunate that this ability is the only manner in which he can create web tiles that count toward snarky remark. I doubt it would be a game breaking ability if it were set at 5 ap. OBW purple is substantially better.

Web slinger locks tiles. Stops countdown timers and negates attack, strike, and shield tiles. Does not count toward snarky remark. Isnt removed by snarky remark. Very expensive ability

Snarky remark would be better if it increased all unfriendly countdown timers. The costs are expensive for what it does. OBW blue is substantially better. Snarky remark might be cheaper but it can only affect 2 countdown tiles. 2 hardly seems enough. OBW affects all enemy timers.

His abilities are independent of level. His HP are marginally better than C.Storm. He requires so much AP that he will spend a lot if time in the front if he is leveled. I advise keeping him at level 6 for PVE. That even the weak colors on you other characters, are stronger than his strong colors.

Going out of the way to feed his abilities have consequences. Opportunity costs.

I find the level 6 bagman has higher survivability than 65 bagman.
  • Very good info.
    Bugpop wrote:
    Flamethrowers? Tommy Gun?
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Very good info.
    Bugpop wrote:
    Flamethrowers? Tommy Gun?

I count myself fortunate if 2 heroes survive.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    If Switcheroo is set at 5AP, it would be too overpowered. I managed to down Yelena and a goon (both less than half health - can't remember what levels they were) with a surviving Bagman (L30) using L5 Switcheroo. Used it to carefully switch 2 sets of tiles around to create crit tiles / match 4s and caused cascades etc.

Something like 10 or 12 AP would be ideal.
  • That's the problem with Bagman - making him occasionally viable character requires nothing more than lowering the costs of his abilities. Really dunno why Devs refuse to do that.

I remember when I started playing MPQ and was reading about the skills over on MPQ wiki: Bagman seemed like a really nice character, perfect for certain occasions.

If not the costs.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/2/5 is opitimal build
  • I think it's a combination of Emeryt and Phaserhawk's points. The more covers he gets, he doesn't really get better. Same with his levels, all it does for him is more health.

I think skill lvls 1-5 should have the same baseline cost or something else that makes people want lvl 5s. Perhaps also make it scale with level so people need to lvl him to 85.
  • hurcules wrote:
    If Switcheroo is set at 5AP, it would be too overpowered. I managed to down Yelena and a goon (both less than half health - can't remember what levels they were) with a surviving Bagman (L30) using L5 Switcheroo. Used it to carefully switch 2 sets of tiles around to create crit tiles / match 4s and caused cascades etc.

Something like 10 or 12 AP would be ideal.

I0 AP for 2 swaps, 5 ap for one swap. I'd prefer to have the flexibility to use one swap at a time. Consider C.Magneto blue 5/5, 5 AP, places two blue tiles anywhere you want, overwriting any kind of tile. This ability is limited to tiles on the board, within the scope of the level of the ability. Would 5/5 - 5 AP Switcheroo (one swap) be more powerful than 1/5 - 5 AP OBW Aggressive Recon?
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Again, 4/2/5 is optimal build. Don't question it, don't worry about it, just build him 4/2/5, possibly 4/1/5 and you'll be fine
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Again, 4/2/5 is optimal build. Don't question it, don't worry about it, just build him 4/2/5, possibly 4/1/5 and you'll be fine

Hmm... If I sell my 5/3/5 Bagman, I will either have a new one at 4/2/5 within two weeks, or I'll never see another Bagman cover again. Either way, seems like a win
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Hmm... If I sell my 5/3/5 Bagman, I will either have a new one at 4/2/5 within two weeks, or I'll never see another Bagman cover again. Either way, seems like a win

correct. You can even argue 4/3/5. But purple should never, ever, ever go past 4, it is not worth the investment
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Debating the proper build for Bagman is like arguing over the best shade of brown on poop.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Debating the proper build for Bagman is like arguing over the best shade of brown on poop.

Medium to dark brown is best shade
  • poor bagman. seriously just a slot holder. he's not even good at tanking >_<
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:

Medium to dark brown is best shade

Rich, beet-lovers maroon
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, doesn't his yellow actually make high powered Snipers a joke since they will only put one tile on the board at a time or did they change that for the AI. Also, has anyone bothered to see if his Purple prevents enemies that follow that same pattern to not drop more tiles?
  • If I'm not mistaken, doesn't his yellow actually make high powered Snipers a joke since they will only put one tile on the board at a time or did they change that for the AI. Also, has anyone bothered to see if his Purple prevents enemies that follow that same pattern to not drop more tiles?

The sniper's behavior is determined by the fight's difficulty level(Trivial, Easy, Normal, Hard, Deadly). More CD tiles are allowed the closer to 'Deadly' the fight is rated. This is also interesting as, in some other thread somewhere around, another player noted how snipers spend 0 AP to place there CD tiles, but still generated 2 green AP per turn.

Not sure what you were refering to about preventing enemies with Bagman's Purple(switcheroo). PM me if you can clarify.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

correct. You can even argue 4/3/5. But purple should never, ever, ever go past 4, it is not worth the investment

On Snarky remark, have you ever run into a situation where you wanted to use it, but couldn't because you needed to select 2 countdown tiles?
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    yes, that has happened, although come to think of it, while it happened I don't know if i ever tried to pick the same tile twice and if it would let you?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IHatePVP wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken, doesn't his yellow actually make high powered Snipers a joke since they will only put one tile on the board at a time or did they change that for the AI. Also, has anyone bothered to see if his Purple prevents enemies that follow that same pattern to not drop more tiles?

The sniper's behavior is determined by the fight's difficulty level(Trivial, Easy, Normal, Hard, Deadly). More CD tiles are allowed the closer to 'Deadly' the fight is rated. This is also interesting as, in some other thread somewhere around, another player noted how snipers spend 0 AP to place there CD tiles, but still generated 2 green AP per turn.

Not sure what you were refering to about preventing enemies with Bagman's Purple(switcheroo). PM me if you can clarify.
    ****, I meant his blue. Locking tiles with his blue would still mean that they are on the board. I'm thinking that these titles are still considered towards the number allowed by the enemy. So in theory, you could potentially hit a point in which no more CD tiles will be made because it hit a cap with the locked tiles.

Basically, its a fair assumption that Bagman is meant as a CD nullifier but if there's a hard cap on the number of tiles, he could practically lock the board in PvE. I'm also thinking that IW would work the same way (if she can target CDs. I can't test personally.) but has the option to also do damage.