Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*

Comments

• Elitow wrote:
    3 Heroic Tokens won during the last PvE event, 3 bagman covers.... Whyyy ? icon_e_sad.gif

http://www.noelshack.com/2014-05-1390810153-screenshot-2014-01-25-20-04-40.png

Isn't that recruit button tempting? Just a little bit? Give it a try... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Ariakos wrote:
    Elitow wrote:
    3 Heroic Tokens won during the last PvE event, 3 bagman covers.... Whyyy ? icon_e_sad.gif

Isn't that recruit button tempting? Just a little bit? Give it a try... icon_rolleyes.gif

Ahah, no way icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Hi ppl.
    In the current event ("Thick As Thieves") I tryed to play with this character (mainly because he's buffed for it, and I got the covers), and it only convinced me even more of what I was already thinking - his skills are kinda as comic as he looks, and in a bad meaning. Ye, blocking of countdowns can be good, at least against "not superhero" characters, but he isn't even good at that.
    So, it would be good if developers changed his skills, or at least lowered the cost.
    I would suggest: Web-Slinger, Snarky Remark - lower the cost, affect only 1 tile, Switcheroo - swap 16 tiles (without player choosing), adding 1 web tile for each match.
    If he could add more web tiles, then he could be used with other champions who use them (Venom), but I kinda would prefer is his skills were changed to something more interesting.
  • Bag man should be really amazing with venom. I don't have venom but my bag man is 10 covers deep and switcheroo currently creates 4 web tiles. Not to mention the fact that you get to switch chosen tiles. This means that you can create critical tile matches. Web-slinger at 5 covers allows you to 'freeze' 5 tiles. If you combo this with venom you could one-shot any enemy. I really want to try this combo. My only problem is that snarky remark doesn't have a secondary function when no count-down tiles are available the way OBW's Anti-gravity device has healing when countdown tiles are missing (but this is also the reason OBW is OP). This same issue is true for Loki's Trickery that has no use when there are no strike or shield tiles.
  • Milkrain wrote:
    Bag man should be really amazing with venom. I don't have venom but my bag man is 10 covers deep and switcheroo currently creates 4 web tiles. Not to mention the fact that you get to switch chosen tiles. This means that you can create critical tile matches. Web-slinger at 5 covers allows you to 'freeze' 5 tiles. If you combo this with venom you could one-shot any enemy. I really want to try this combo. My only problem is that snarky remark doesn't have a secondary function when no count-down tiles are available the way OBW's Anti-gravity device has healing when countdown tiles are missing (but this is also the reason OBW is OP). This same issue is true for Loki's Trickery that has no use when there are no strike or shield tiles.

Early on I thought along the same line before realizing that the BagMan/Venom combo isn't as effective as you would think. Considering that switcheroo costs 18 AP to create 4 web tiles, and Venom can create 4 web tiles using only 16 AP (at Level 4)...and then it still takes two more web tiles to devour one person (considering Venom is still alive at this point). Against PVE this may be something u could use, but against PVP and high level characters...neither Venom or BagMan have enough health to withstand the punishment.

Now...if you wanted to do something like this with Classic Spidey + Venom. It would work out better. Classic spidey blue maxed out, i think is about 2 AP (for now). 12 blue tiles and you could concieveably end one person. But again, the problem with both of those guys again, is that they don't do nearly enough tile damage and have no secondary abilities of use (especially Venom).
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    ibontherun wrote:
    Milkrain wrote:
    Bag man should be really amazing with venom. I don't have venom but my bag man is 10 covers deep and switcheroo currently creates 4 web tiles. Not to mention the fact that you get to switch chosen tiles. This means that you can create critical tile matches. Web-slinger at 5 covers allows you to 'freeze' 5 tiles. If you combo this with venom you could one-shot any enemy. I really want to try this combo. My only problem is that snarky remark doesn't have a secondary function when no count-down tiles are available the way OBW's Anti-gravity device has healing when countdown tiles are missing (but this is also the reason OBW is OP). This same issue is true for Loki's Trickery that has no use when there are no strike or shield tiles.

Early on I thought along the same line before realizing that the BagMan/Venom combo isn't as effective as you would think. Considering that switcheroo costs 18 AP to create 4 web tiles, and Venom can create 4 web tiles using only 16 AP (at Level 4)...and then it still takes two more web tiles to devour one person (considering Venom is still alive at this point). Against PVE this may be something u could use, but against PVP and high level characters...neither Venom or BagMan have enough health to withstand the punishment.

Now...if you wanted to do something like this with Classic Spidey + Venom. It would work out better. Classic spidey blue maxed out, i think is about 2 AP (for now). 12 blue tiles and you could concieveably end one person. But again, the problem with both of those guys again, is that they don't do nearly enough tile damage and have no secondary abilities of use (especially Venom).
    Venom's capped level is his main advantage. That means he won't come to the front and take a beating when you match blue/purple. Put 2AP Blue Spidey + Venom and a tank together and those L240 foes can be stunlocked and devoured.
  • hurcules wrote:
    ibontherun wrote:
    Milkrain wrote:

Venom's capped level is his main advantage. That means he won't come to the front and take a beating when you match blue/purple. Put 2AP Blue Spidey + Venom and a tank together and those L240 foes can be stunlocked and devoured.

I definitely see the points you're both making.

What if your third Hero is Bullseye. Theoretically, each pink you match would add protection tiles and at least protect you from tile matching damage. Also, with Bagman's abilities you gain control of the board allowing you to deny the enemy the AP they need. I realise that this would take time to ramp. I don't have these heroes at high enough levels at the moment so it'll be some time before I can play around with this.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Bagman is not bad with Patch and OBW. Patch center, BW left, Bagman right.

His purple can be used to remove the enemy strike tiles patch puts down, having him in the right side character slot lets OBW hit on her three colours. Or put Bagman on the left side to tank purple/blue for OBW if you are using her as a healbot.

Edit: stated yellow instead of purple.
  • hurcules wrote:
    So, Bag-man still isn't too usefull, and I still want it to be changed.
    SirKopath wrote:
    Bagman is not bad with Patch and OBW. Patch center, BW left, Bagman right.

His yellow can be used to remove the enemy strike tiles patch puts down, having him in the right side character slot lets OBW hit on her three colours. Or put Bagman on the left side to tank blue for OBW if you are using her as a healer primarily instead of a damage dealer.
    Yellow increases countdown, to block them purple or blue is needed, and with their cost other characters can do it easier.
  • Does anyone else have an issue with Snarky Remark(yellow) not working w/ webs on the board?

Every time I use, the timer only goes up by the base amount, 0, 1, or 5 webs on the board never seems to matter. Worse still, the webs are "consumed" anyway for no effect.

Made 2 Google bug reports, got no resp. Really want to know if it's just me at this point.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    He actually seems like he has potential in PvE. His abilities could counter minions very well. The main issue is that his skills don't come online in a reasonable fashion. Chop his AP costs in half and you'd have a strong disabler.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Web-slinger counted as Web Tiles, more other character had moves that provided counters, or Snarky Remark had some other purpose when there are no counters: Bag-man might be useful in PvP. For all the talk about nerfing classic Spiderman, why don't the developers buff Bag-man?
  • ChrisV82
    ChrisV82 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Ariakos wrote:
    Elitow wrote:

Every Bagman cover is like the universe laughing in my face.
  • Interesting why bagman didn't manage to even get a slot on the funbalancing list.
  • Would it not be logical to buff bagman in the same patch getting ***Spiderman nerfed?

At least some trivial one like lowering the AP cost for the same thing he does?
  • I think the dev's kinda meant for him to be a joke character, particularly with the "Kick Me" he has on his back.
  • Bagman is supposed to suck. Think Dan, if you're familiar with Street Fighter.
  • Who will we make fun of if Bagman is buffed? Though, I suppose there's Pamela Anderson, I'm mean Yelena...
  • He's a joke character with some PvE utility (Prologue hands him out, or used to) until you get better options. It's ok for him to suck.

Yeah, his skills cost vastly too much, but I'd much rather they look at stuff like Photon Blast being nearly incapable of outdamaging Adamantium Slash and twice as hard to use before worrying about characters who are supposed to be bad.
  • 4eric16
    4eric16 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I agree, bagman needs a boost and 3 star Spidermans blue skill is a little too overpowered. That 2AP stun is deadly. He doesnt need much adjustment. Just maybe boost the cost to 3 or 4AP and I think it would be fair. Oh and maybe boost his color match damage because its lower than 1star characters at the same level.