Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*

Options

Comments

• Skyedyne wrote:
    He should come with a fourth ability. A passive.

Kick me: Spiderman exhibits his class clown skills, and lures the enemy into attacking him.

Level 1: Spiderman leaps to the front of the group when damage is dealt if there is more than 11 tile of Blue or Yellow.

Level 2: Plus Red or Green tiles.

Level 3: Plus Black and Purple tiles.

Level 4: If C. Storm is in party, he stays in the front.

Level 5: Spiderman honey badgers it regardless of who is in team, and remains out front for the entire match.

I would use him if they gave him this.
  • He would be worth using alongside venom to fuel devour if web slinger counted as a web.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bag-Man's problem is that he seems to get worse as he levels up.

Purple goes from 13ap to 18ap at level 5
    Blue goes increases by 2ap for each level.

Purple and Blue are very useful at level 1 (small cost, and has mostly full effectiveness at that level), Bringing Purple up to level 3 or 4 is fine, but I don't see any situation where spending 18ap to swap 4 tiles is useful. Maybe to get the extra web tiles for Venom's ability? But that conflicts with the same purple skill, and I'd rather be using Venom's stun. Blue is useful at level 1 to block that once countdown tile you can't quite reach, but I don't see a need for more than that. It's very rare that I need to block multiple countdown tiles, much less at the increased cost of blue AP.

My inclination is to go 4/4/5 on Bag-man, but my ideal would be 4/1/5. Note that yellow at 5 doesn't help you a whole ton. I only put 5 there to bump his level cap, and it's the only skill that doesn't get worse when it levels.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    Bag-man is good at one thing and one thing only: screwing with countdown tiles. He's nice to have against minions, but other than that he's fairly weak. Mine is at level 28 right now; I've gotten some good use out of him, but yeah, he's a low priority if you need to conserve roster space.
  • Ronfar wrote:
    Bag-man is good at one thing and one thing only: screwing with countdown tiles. He's nice to have against minions, but other than that he's fairly weak. Mine is at level 28 right now; I've gotten some good use out of him, but yeah, he's a low priority if you need to conserve roster space.

Have you ever tried him out in a tourney? Is he any good?
  • Ronfar
    Options
    russnou wrote:
    Have you ever tried him out in a tourney? Is he any good?

He sucks at everything but stopping minions' countdown tiles, so I only use him in missions where there is at most one villain that can move tiles. I haven't blown enough ISO on him to make him do reasonable damage when matching tiles, so he's just there to snag some of the extra rewards from Prologue missions when my main team is recovering. (I still don't have every Prologue reward yet.)
  • Switcheroo needs to be like 3AP. Why does it matter if they become web tiles? people are gonna be using it in attempt to make a match. Making it cheap aint gonna break the game. It will be marginally useful.

web slinger needs to be more like all-tied-up. 2 or 3 blue AP, one shot per use. As it is, by the time there's enough AP to use it, the reason for using it already killed you. It would be better to make it 2 or 3 AP, and have it grab the tile, getting it's AP but doing no damage. It would be a good way to get certain AP, get rid of special tiles, remove a tile to make a match.

The yellow is okay I guess. Increases countdown timers like anti-gravity. Maybe should offer a heal like a moral boost for snarky remark (more like anti-gravity belt). The allies think it's funny. Or increase enemy timers, and make enemy strike tiles, attack tiles, and protect tiles less powerful.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Switcheroo needs to be like 3AP. Why does it matter if they become web tiles? people are gonna be using it in attempt to make a match. Making it cheap aint gonna break the game.

Because Venom.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:
    Switcheroo needs to be like 3AP. Why does it matter if they become web tiles? people are gonna be using it in attempt to make a match. Making it cheap aint gonna break the game.

Because Venom.

icon_lol.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah that one ap less for 2 webs would really offset the lowered utility
  • Ronfar
    Options
    I understand that Bag-man is probably meant to be a mostly-useless joke character, but how about powering him up a bit? His blue ability actually gets worse as you add more covers, because being able to lock more tiles at once isn't that useful but the increase in the AP cost is crippling. How about rebalancing the blue ability the way you did for Classic Hawkeye's purple? Maybe instead of costing more AP, it locks extra tiles if you have excess blue? (Like how Classic Storm breaks more tiles with her green ability if you have extra green AP.)
  • Meh, they just added his wife to the game so he's happy for now icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Even if they did buff bag man nobody would start using him, he is just a novelty that appears in heroic packs to frustrate you.
  • I think I'm going to start putting the ISO that is left over after leveling a good character to him. Maybe in a few months he'll be like level 30 on just left overs!!
  • Ok so I realized I've been unfair to bags and never even used him in battle. Really how many of you have?

So I took one for the team and honestly I'm surprised...

His abilities are even worse than they read in the descriptions icon_eek.gif
  • bongo king wrote:
    Even if they did buff bag man nobody would start using him, he is just a novelty that appears in heroic packs to frustrate you.
    Very true. Frustrated the **** out of me the number of times I had to sell Bag-Man.

I actually like the idea behind him. It's just that each of his skills require so much AP ****. If you make him a PvE character, note that after the 4th turn or so, the enemy can usually put one countdown tile on the board per turn.
  • The problem with Bagman is that he's pretty much setup to counter countdown tiles except countdown tiles are not exactly very useful in this game. Why have something that takes 2 turns to do 2000 damage when you can just do 2000 damage immediately for nearly the same cost? I don't see him being useful unless countdown tiles are much stronger and/or all regular abilities become much weaker.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have the cocoon register as Web Titles and I'll be happy. Seriously, why would they give him an ability like that if they aren't web titles? The only synergy he really had was Venom and that was pretty lackluster to begin with. Now that Venom lost his party kill at 5 Black. Bag-man should be looked at.
  • I have, but not seriously. Mine's only at level 53. He was my first character with abilities maxed so he's at 3/5/5.
  • Stupid bagman, waste of 100hp, he should be 1*