Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*

18910111214»

Comments

• Does Bagman drop anymore? I haven't seen any of his covers in many months!
  • OJSP wrote:
    petritis wrote:
    Does Bagman drop anymore? I haven't seen any of his covers in many months!
    Yes, we can only get his covers from winning Versus matches.

Thanks I hope that works for me, I have been avoiding PVP for some time now.
  • mooken
    mooken Posts: 52 Match Maker
    I still think a super buffed bagman was a missed April Fool's Day prank.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I understand that I can't get covers from tokens any more, which is a shame for the people who discovered the game after this happened. But I'm still aiming for a full roster, in the past year I've only pulled four covers for him. Is there any reason why there's no options to buy additional covers? Regardless of people's opinions and his status, I'd still like to max him before his covers are completely removed from PvP events which I don't play too often.

I'd even be happy if there were events which had tokens of a 0.1% chance of getting a cover, even a single cover in the DPD with 300 reward slots would be nice. As much as people dislike him, I think a return to attain covers would be nice for a lot of people even if it's a very rare chance. For people who concentrate on PvE for building rosters up the chances of a cover are impossible.

I know Howard The Duck and Devil Dinosaur are limited cover heroes but there's still special events where they're possible. I'm not asking for a 2* to be central to an event, just a slightly better chance to attain over PvP events where I'm out-matched after three or four nodes.

Edit: I've just checked, I can buy additional covers for DD and HtD, but not Bag-Man.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I understand that I can't get covers from tokens any more, which is a shame for the people who discovered the game after this happened. But I'm still aiming for a full roster, in the past year I've only pulled four covers for him. Is there any reason why there's no options to buy additional covers? Regardless of people's opinions and his status, I'd still like to max him before his covers are completely removed from PvP events which I don't play too often.

Edit: I've just checked, I can buy additional covers for DD and HtD, but not Bag-Man.

You just have to start playing PvP more. PvP is just as important for building up a roster.
    The easiest way to earn him though is to play Lightning Rounds. Have the app open a minute before the event starts. When the time hits 0:0 tap the PvP. It will refresh and move to the left side of the page. Then go in and you should get 8 to 10 seed teams that you can hit easy and fast.
  • Hyposphere6234

You just have to start playing PvP more. PvP is just as important for building up a roster.
    The easiest way to earn him though is to play Lightning Rounds. Have the app open a minute before the event starts. When the time hits 0:0 tap the PvP. It will refresh and move to the left side of the page. Then go in and you should get 8 to 10 seed teams that you can hit easy and fast.

After those eight to ten rounds end I'm still facing people who have played this longer and/or have pooled more money into the game than I could ever have. The reason I stick to PvE is that it's mainly focused on the challenge of AI teams, plus I don't gain 500 points in an evening and then wake up to losing 800 points overnight. With PvP I know I will always be at a disadvantage, as much as I wish I could throw a few hundred money at the game every month I can't. Yesterday I spent fifteen LT's and 360 CP's that I built up over several months and I'm still missing six characters and have six 4*s with only one cover.

I know the rewards with PvP are easier to achieve and the rewards are for everyone who gets the points. It's fairer in most aspects apart from that transitioning 2*-3* people who are playing against people who are transitioning 4*-5* people.

I like how people say how important PvP is important for building a roster, but it's only relevant if you have a roster in place for it in the first place.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

After those eight to ten rounds end I'm still facing people who have played this longer and/or have pooled more money into the game than I could ever have. The reason I stick to PvE is that it's mainly focused on the challenge of AI teams, plus I don't gain 500 points in an evening and then wake up to losing 800 points overnight. With PvP I know I will always be at a disadvantage, as much as I wish I could throw a few hundred money at the game every month I can't. Yesterday I spent fifteen LT's and 360 CP's that I built up over several months and I'm still missing six characters and have six 4*s with only one cover.

I know the rewards with PvP are easier to achieve and the rewards are for everyone who gets the points. It's fairer in most aspects apart from that transitioning 2*-3* people who are playing against people who are transitioning 4*-5* people.

I like how people say how important PvP is important for building a roster, but it's only relevant if you have a roster in place for it in the first place.

Idea of playing LRs is exactly as Mitchjewitz wrote. It's those first 8 to 10 seed teams that counts. Do not care what happens afterwards. While there are 24 LRs a week, I try to play as many of them, usually 15+. Each round takes 15-20 minutes (with my roster). I try to hit 250 points reward when possible (not that often though) this rewards me with 40k+ ISO usually (including covers value). Well worth. In addition: My Bag-Man is level 113 now, after 2-3 months playing LRs like this.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Thank you for the advice with the Lightning Round's and I apologise for being a bit of a turd with the offer of information. I thought I'd try it out and I can see exactly why you suggested it, no luck so far but at least there's a lot more options for landing one.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just discovered something about Bag-Man's Web Slinger. The "sticky cocoon" that locks the tiles in place with his Web Slinger ability don't count as web tiles. I found this out in today's 1-star Deadpool Daily when I brought Original Spider Man into the fight, and Bag Man was the enemy 2-star character. There were two of my web tiles and three of his locked tiles on the board. I used my Spider Man's Spectacular Strategy, thinking I would get four critical tiles. Instead, only two showed up.

Should locked web tiles also count as web tiles? It's in the name of the ability, after all...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the pending 'Bags to Riches' tournament I thought it might be time to dust off all those great Bagman strategies and open the table for discussion on Bagman's ideal build, who he teams-up with well, etc.

So, let's see, Bagman excels at...

I mean, he's kind of good at...

Okay, so he's a great support character who can make other people better, like...

icon_neutral.gif
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Team him up with Mr Fantastic and Thing (or Torch. Especially for Combined Arms). Whenever your special tiles get matched away, you generate 3 Green AP. And Baggy's yellow can extend Imaginaut's countdown timer.

Yea that's about it XD

So the worst 2* only pars well with one of the worst 4*s?
  • Quibbles
    Quibbles Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    So, with Bagman's yellow, consider pairing with Spider Woman (5 black) and 5* Hawkeye to get that black fortified and everlasting. A champed Spiderwoman should be strong enough to survive even Bolt's constant passive tapping.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bagman has a variety of uses for the MPQ agent who has the wisdom to roster him. For example:

1. Bagman makes excellent Court Death fodder. Try teaming him with Thanos; Bagman excels at sponging Thanos' Court Death damage, sparing all the other characters on your roster the health loss.

2. Bagman is a tempting lure. Team Bagman and Yelena with the required character in a PvP event to draw attacks from weaker players, then spring your A-team on them for an easy retaliation.

3. Bagman is a PvE show-stopper. Is some Maggia thug about to spring a massive strike tile on the board? No problem! Bagman can lock that nasty countdown down with some sticky webbing. With 5 in blue, this power comes at the bargain basement cost of 17 AP.

4. Bagman can swap tiles. Who needs Quicksilver? Just set Bagman's purple Switcharoo to 5 and you can swap all the tiles you want (as long as you have 18 AP).

5. Bagman makes you more popular. You'll be the envy of your alliance mates if you have a max-champed Bagman on your roster. You can remind them of how cool you are by sending them Bagman team-ups!
  • Hyposphere6234
    Before this event my Bag-Man was at 1/1/2, now I'm ready to champion him. This makes me happy.

What?

Stop looking at me like that!
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu wrote:
    Bagman has a variety of uses for the MPQ agent who has the wisdom to roster him. For example:

1. Bagman makes excellent Court Death fodder. Try teaming him with Thanos; Bagman excels at sponging Thanos' Court Death damage, sparing all the other characters on your roster the health loss.

2. Bagman is a tempting lure. Team Bagman and Yelena with the required character in a PvP event to draw attacks from weaker players, then spring your A-team on them for an easy retaliation.

3. Bagman is a PvE show-stopper. Is some Maggia thug about to spring a massive strike tile on the board? No problem! Bagman can lock that nasty countdown down with some sticky webbing. With 5 in blue, this power comes at the bargain basement cost of 17 AP.

4. Bagman can swap tiles. Who needs Quicksilver? Just set Bagman's purple Switcharoo to 5 and you can swap all the tiles you want (as long as you have 18 AP).

5. Bagman makes you more popular. You'll be the envy of your alliance mates if you have a max-champed Bagman on your roster. You can remind them of how cool you are by sending them Bagman team-ups!

I like the direction you took on this. You should publish a Bag-Man strategy guide that sounds good enough to make people think he's a good idea.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bag-Man's powers are already good. The only thing needed to fix him is to drop the costs of his powers.