Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*

Options

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IHatePVP wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken, doesn't his yellow actually make high powered Snipers a joke since they will only put one tile on the board at a time or did they change that for the AI. Also, has anyone bothered to see if his Purple prevents enemies that follow that same pattern to not drop more tiles?

The sniper's behavior is determined by the fight's difficulty level(Trivial, Easy, Normal, Hard, Deadly). More CD tiles are allowed the closer to 'Deadly' the fight is rated. This is also interesting as, in some other thread somewhere around, another player noted how snipers spend 0 AP to place there CD tiles, but still generated 2 green AP per turn.

Not sure what you were refering to about preventing enemies with Bagman's Purple(switcheroo). PM me if you can clarify.
    ****, I meant his blue. Locking tiles with his blue would still mean that they are on the board. I'm thinking that these titles are still considered towards the number allowed by the enemy. So in theory, you could potentially hit a point in which no more CD tiles will be made because it hit a cap with the locked tiles.

Basically, its a fair assumption that Bagman is meant as a CD nullifier but if there's a hard cap on the number of tiles, he could practically lock the board in PvE. I'm also thinking that IW would work the same way (if she can target CDs. I can't test personally.) but has the option to also do damage.

I don't think so. If you lock a tile (like your Bullseye's protect tiles), you can expand beyond the ability's limit, then free the tile by matching the tile and expand beyond your limit. Though, the only examples I can think of for a player to use this strategy become obsolete by leveling the ability enough. Though it does still help if you know that your opponent will be matching to destroy one of your tiles (or if you want to make the match without destroying it yourself.)

I always viewed it as a defensive option to protect tiles, or use them in chains.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well that may have sunk my idea. Back to the drawing board on Bagman.
  • gold version plz
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Again, 4/2/5 is optimal build. Don't question it, don't worry about it, just build him 4/2/5, possibly 4/1/5 and you'll be fine

Hmm... If I sell my 5/3/5 Bagman, I will either have a new one at 4/2/5 within two weeks, or I'll never see another Bagman cover again. Either way, seems like a win

correct. You can even argue 4/3/5. But purple should never, ever, ever go past 4, it is not worth the investment

On Snarky remark, have you ever run into a situation where you wanted to use it, but couldn't because you needed to select 2 countdown tiles?

If there's only 1 tile and you want to use it you're fine, it'll only let you click on that one tile. I don't think you can only use it on 1 tile if there are multiple countdown tiles. You'd have to choose 2 if I remember correctly from the last event.
  • AethD wrote:
    If there's only 1 tile and you want to use it you're fine, it'll only let you click on that one tile. I don't think you can only use it on 1 tile if there are multiple countdown tiles. You'd have to choose 2 if I remember correctly from the last event.

I ran into that situation but fortunately I had mawkeye and enough blue to put out an electric arrow. I saved my team from a nasty tommy gun. Used snarky remark on my countdown and tommy gun.
  • Who agrees with me that Bag man should not be a level 2 star cover but instead level 1 star cover?
    Give us or just me some extremely good reason why he is a level 2 star.
    I don't want to open heroic tokens knowing that there is a chance to get Bag-man.
  • Because then he'd only be worth 100 iso and you'd feel even worse when you pull him.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do you want to feel just as bad as pulling Yelena? Do you?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    akkidSON wrote:
    Who agrees with me that Bag man should not be a level 2 star cover but instead level 1 star cover?
    I don't want to open heroic tokens knowing that there is a chance to get Bag-man.

That would just lead to more Bag-Men floating into your life. Someone has to be the worst, and till the developers buff him, Bag-Man is it.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    akkidSON wrote:
    Who agrees with me that Bag man should not be a level 2 star cover but instead level 1 star cover?

That would just lead to more Bag-Men floating into your life. Someone has to be the worst, and till the developers buff him, Bag-Man is it.

I would rather the devs replace Bag man with a 250 ISO reward than to continue pretending he is a real character and not just a cruel joke. Either that or make him a 4* cover so he can join his other Bag Buddies at the top of the "characters not worth leveling" ladder.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    akkidSON wrote:

But that's the thing. There shoudn't have to be a worst charater. Make characters niche, if all Bagman can do is mess with CD tiles, than yeah, he's still bad but if there are decently costed, he can at least be a very viable option in PvE, but as he is he does nothing and that's not fun. Yelena is bad, but if her costs were cheaper, she would still be the worst, just playable. I think that's whay players want. They don't need Bag-Man to be awesome, they just need him playable, even if it's only against Maggia or HAMMER at least he's playable somewhere.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gapsule wrote:
    gold version plz
    Just wait for the 3* spidey funbalance
  • Spoit wrote:
    Gapsule wrote:
    gold version plz

I think I am going to like the spidey funbalance more than you
  • Spoit
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Gapsule wrote:
    gold version plz

I think I am going to like the spidey funbalance more than you
    I just don't have faith in them being able to pull off a thor-like funbalance, as opposed to...well, pretty much every other nerf they did.
  • Take a moment to consider Yelena Black - payback mission with Switcheroo.

Payback Mission. Level 40, 5/5, 13 black AP - turns up to two enemy owned special tiles into critical tiles and deals 358 damage. Great against goons. Even if opponent gets a hold of crit tile, its always less deadly than countdown tile. Criticak tiles are nice, that they often fall immediately into a match after payback mission is executed.

Switcheroo. 4/5, 13 purple AP - swaps any two tiles with color, and turns them into web tiles. You can turn special tiles into web tiles, or try to make a match. Its a challenge to make two matches from a single swap. Remaining web tiles increase the countdown increase of snarky remark.

OBW Anti-gravity device is better than snarky remark. It doesnt matter that it costs 2 more AP. When dealing with enemy countdowns, they can at times be 5 or more on the board. I suppose i could save up enough blue for 2 uses of anti grav, and lock tiles in cocoons. Yeah it takes the threats away, but the board is harder to play.

Payback mission gets rid of tiles, does damage, and makes crit tiles tgat have good chance of instant match. Goid in forest and desert
  • Spoit
    Options
    Yelena? now I know you're just messing with us.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Yelena? now I know you're just messing with us.

Not really. I actually have a level 40 yelena.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is still happening.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With his purple and blue abilities, can you select the tiles or is it random? I can't test this out for myself because I always sell his covers.

He is the only character that always makes an AI team worse by having him, since the AI will waste AP on useless actions, and even slow down its own countdown tiles.
  • Spoit
    Options
    You can select the 2 tiles to swap for purple. Dunno about blue