Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*

Options

Comments

• The Superior Wilson
    The Superior Wilson Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was wondering this myself. I thought he would get boosted enough to at least make him a 2* Spider Man. Similar to having a 3* character that has a 2* counterpart (Black Widow & Wolverine)
  • I consider it a rude joke for that - a ** you get from expensive tokens that artificially kept to suck, that's a big kitty.
  • He's not really any worse than Yelena, and she shows up in covers just as much. Bullseye and Moonstone are marginally better, but still terrible 2*s.
  • Yes, please to Nerf bagmen is much OP. Thanks you.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah. Every team I play has level 85 bagman.
    He needs a nerf.
    Bagman too stronk.
  • Interesting that no one seem to even want to try him out for real. I'm not talking about spending loads of iso on him, but it's clear that his main use is in hard "goon missions" and I've been through some of those, where the goons just bombard you with countdown tiles and no matter how hard you try, you're sooo dead. And fast. It's in these missions I actually wished I had a decent Bagman to help me out (but I sold all my early covers, thinking he was just useless, but he really isn't). So now I've started keeping his covers and I have a 3/3/3 Bagman with a purple cover to make him 4/3/3 if I want to...but I don't know.

So, how should I build him? I'm thinking either 4/4/5 or 3/5/5. What are your opinions? And I AM serious. Like I said, he's useful in those "goon missions" and he really helps a lot, because mostly when doing those missions you have Hawkeye and Modern Storm eating up all sorts of mana...except blue and yellow, and having a use for those colors is really great (and also getting decent damage when matching those colors), even though his blue ability don't create web tiles...which would have been perfectly logical, and nice, and would have made for really awesome combos with Venom. Would have been so cool to let Venom eat a 14000 HP character whole.

Yellow is an obvious 5. The other abilities all cost a lot and the cost gets higher so...I'm not sure.

Switcheroo - Purple 13 AP
    Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles.
    Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles.
    Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color.
    Level 5:Swaps 2 pairs of tiles. Costs 18 AP.

Web-Slinger - Blue 9 AP
    Slings a web that wraps 1 tile(s) in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Locks 2 tiles. Costs 11.
    Level 3: Locks 3 tiles. Costs 13.
    Level 4: Locks 4 tiles. Costs 15.
    Level 5: Locks 5 tiles. Costs 17.

Snarky Remark - Yellow 7 AP
    The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on a selected Countdown tile by 1 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10). Turns all Web tiles to basic tiles.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Increases timer by 2 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 3: Increases timer by 3 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 4: Increases timer by 4 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 5: Affects 2 Countdown tiles.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    So I was fighting against Bag-Man and Punisher in the Simulator. The Punisher used Molotov Coctail, creating a Countdown tile, and then Bag-Man used Snarky Remark to increase the countdown on that tile. We already know that Bag-Man is a joke character who's supposed to be useless, but his AI probably shouldn't be increasing the countdown on "friendly" countdown tiles...
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    You probably don't want to raise Bag-Man's blue all the way to 5. Locking extra tiles in no way makes up for the increased AP cost. 5/3/5 or maybe even something like 4/1/5 is probably optimal.

For dealing with countdown tiles from minions, Bag-Man is okay, but other characters might be better anyway. OBW's blue delays every countdown tile, Moonstone's purple moves one to a spot where you can match it, Classic Magneto's blue destroys two countdown tiles, and Hulk, both Storms, and Juggernaut all have a green skill that clears lots of random tiles.
  • So the ai is screwing itself. That's a problem because...? It's not like real players use bagman, its just the cpu
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you want him maxed 5/3/5 is probably the best way to go. I"m hoping they actuall buff Bag-Man when they nerf spiderman
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bag man could be quite useful as a utility character if they changed his costs. They could try the following costs as a test, and set them higher again if he got too popular.

Switcheroo - Purple 6 AP
    Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles.
    Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles.
    Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color.
    Level 5: May swap a second pairs of tiles. The second pair costs +3AP .

Web-Slinger - Blue 8 AP
    Slings a web that wraps 1 tile(s) in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Locks 2 tiles. Costs 11.
    Level 3: Locks 3 tiles. Costs 13.
    Level 4: Locks 4 tiles. Costs 15.
    Level 5: Locks 5 tiles. Costs 17.

Snarky Remark - Yellow 6 AP
    The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on a selected Countdown tile by 1 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10). Turns all Web tiles to basic tiles.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Increases timer by 2 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 3: Increases timer by 3 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 4: Increases timer by 4 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 5: Affects 2 Countdown tiles.
  • OK, last time.

Does ANYONE AT ALL notice that his Snarky Remark(yellow) power doesn't work properly?

The timer always only goes up by the base amount, 0, 1, or 7 web tiles on the board. AND the web are cleared anyway.

ANYONE?

P.S. Optimum build is 4/2/5.
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    OK, last time.

Does ANYONE AT ALL notice that his Snarky Remark(yellow) power doesn't work properly?

The timer always only goes up by the base amount, 0, 1, or 7 web tiles on the board. AND the web are cleared anyway.

ANYONE?

Haven't thought of that, but if it's true you should report it as a bug. I can't, since I haven't seen it myself yet.
  • Ronfar wrote:
    You probably don't want to raise Bag-Man's blue all the way to 5. Locking extra tiles in no way makes up for the increased AP cost. 5/3/5 or maybe even something like 4/1/5 is probably optimal.

For dealing with countdown tiles from minions, Bag-Man is okay, but other characters might be better anyway. OBW's blue delays every countdown tile, Moonstone's purple moves one to a spot where you can match it, Classic Magneto's blue destroys two countdown tiles, and Hulk, both Storms, and Juggernaut all have a green skill that clears lots of random tiles.

I decided to go 5/3/5, and his yellow ability has saved me countless times now, when fighting tough goons that dole out countdown tiles like crazy. For those missions, I use Bagman, Hawkeye, and then some heavy hitter (so the match won't last forever).
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IHatePVP wrote:
    OK, last time.

ANYONE?

I figured someone else would check, I recently sold my Bagman to make room for Psylocke during last weeks event. I needed access to her missions to reach the top 5 in my bracket for a few of the sub-events.
  • Daige wrote:

Haven't thought of that, but if it's true you should report it as a bug. I can't, since I haven't seen it myself yet.

I have tried to make 3 bug reports via two different avenues, and have postsed HERE in 3 different threads on the subject. The only thing I HAVEN'T done to get some light shed under Bagman's hood is PM IceIX and/or D3PADMIN.

I try not to bug IceIX too much; that one works hard enough here without dealing with my particular neurosees....

...yeah, I prolly spelled that one wrong.
  • Played the Simulator node with Bagman as an opponent along with a goon (don I think). With a couple of the goons countdown tiles on the board, Bagman activates Snarky Remark, and increases the countdown on the goon's tiles. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a joke. I can't see how this could ever be useful. Has anyone else noticed this? I figure it might have never been noticed because nobody anywhere ever has used bagman in a team with modern hawkeye.

I guess maybe the bag on his head means he can't see whose team he's on icon_lol.gif
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    This is like saying the poop in his bag the corner that you already thought was stinky is REALLY stinky
  • His ability is blocking you from using Spidey
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like teh ability is working just fine to me icon_e_wink.gif