Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*

Options

Comments

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ha!! Great idea.

I love my level 94 Bagman like I loved Jogurt in the Sega classic "Shining Force" -- as the useless but smile-inducing team mascot. In that regard, I almost hope they never buff him. icon_e_biggrin.gif (But srsly, devs, pls buff him someday. icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Just to be sure: are you talking about the 2 star.png Bagman right? Because we have one 3 star.png (QS) and one as 4 star.png (IW). Ok, maybe a few on 3 star.png but w/e.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Just to be sure: are you talking about the 2 star.png Bagman right? Because we have one 3 star.png (QS) and one as 4 star.png (IW). Ok, maybe a few on 3 star.png but w/e.

Bagneto, Bagnarok, Baglady, and Bagforce Wolverine.
  • Bagverine will arrive in a couple days, hold your breath. Or dont.
  • Marc_Spector
    Options
    they COULD always release the Marvel character D-Man -- aka, the homeless Wolverine -- as a 1* character. A literal bag man.

tumblr_m6b3jg9vVs1qct9clo1_400.png
  • Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Is there anyway in the game to still get this character, or was he wiped from all obtainable sources? Only time I've spotted him in months was a few times where he was the titular star of "That Guy From That Place".
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Elleby wrote:
    Is there anyway in the game to still get this character, or was he wiped from all obtainable sources? Only time I've spotted him in months was a few times where he was the titular star of "That Guy From That Place".

He can still be won as single-match rewards for PvP.
  • Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Arondite wrote:

I know that was the case when they first yanked him, but is that still true? (After all they did silently yank him from the prologue mission rewards)

I've gotten dozens (hundreds?) of covers (I think my Ares is comprised of only covers from eld_the_preth) and haven't seen Bag-Man in months.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Elleby wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

I know that was the case when they first yanked him, but is that still true? (After all they did silently yank him from the prologue mission rewards)

I've gotten dozens (hundreds?) of covers (I think my Ares is comprised of only covers from eld_the_preth) and haven't seen Bag-Man in months.

I got one earlier today.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    I knew this cover looked familiar...
    2340288-spider_man_captain_universe.jpg
    Reusing artwork? D:

I know this is an old post, but I found it while searching for another thread and this one was recently bumped. Looks like these covers were 2 of 4 variants for this series.

315px-Friendly_Neighborhood_Spider-Man_Vol_1_1_Variant.jpg314px-Friendly_Neighborhood_Spider-Man_Vol_1_4_Variant.jpg
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With Moonstone getting her black fixed, and Bullseye probably getting a third power now that a 3 star version is out, it is time to make Bagman somewhat usable too. His powers are mostly just too expensive, but otherwise are interesting and useful if you manage to fire them off at some point. Anyway, by comparing them with similar powers from Quicksilver, IW and to a lesser degree OBW, I'd like to propose the following changes:

Switcheroo - Purple 10 AP
    Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
      Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles. Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles. Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color. Level 5: Swaps any pair of tiles. TU tiles become cocooned.
      Web-Slinger - Blue 11 AP
      Slings a web that wraps 2 basic colored tiles in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles count as Web tiles, stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed. Consuming the web effect doesn't unlock the tile.
        Level 2: Also locks Strike and Protect tiles. Level 3: Also locks Attack tiles. Level 4: Also locks Countdown tiles. Level 5: Locks any 3 tiles.
        Snarky Remark - Yellow 7 AP
        The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on 2 selected Countdown tiles by 2 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 6). Consumes 1 random Web tile turning it into a basic tile/locked tile.
          Level 2: Affects 3 Countdown tiles. Level 3: Increases timer by 3 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 4: Affects 4 Countdown tiles Level 5: Increases timer by 4 plus 1 for each Web tile.
      • Marc_Spector
        Options
        Kolence wrote:
        With Moonstone getting her black fixed, and Bullseye probably getting a third power now that a 3 star version is out, it is time to make Bagman somewhat usable too. His powers are mostly just too expensive, but otherwise are interesting and useful if you manage to fire them off at some point.

Fantastic redesign, Kolence!! And, I agree -- now that they're finally giving some love to lesser **s, it's time for the bombastic Bag-man to finally get his due. His abilities are all great in theory -- it's just the cost and execution that need tweaking and he'd be a great utility character.
      • yogi_
        yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Computer playing Baggy's yellow had to increase the only countdown tile on the board, which happened to be his own teams' that saved me from receiving damage by 1 turn.

Is this actually a bug or the character just so...
      • over_clocked
        over_clocked Posts: 3,961
        Options
        It's like you never actually fought Bag-Man before icon_eek.gif
      • Malcrof
        Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        yah, snarky team ups can actually rock sometimes. Nothing like having Jab Jab Cross active for 8+ turns!
      • yogi_
        Options
        I guess I was a little rusty...

And no one talks much about him, so I thought it was time for a mention.
      • Malcrof
        Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Well, snarky remark just got insanely useful as a team up with Ant-Man
      • yogi_
        Options
        Malcrof wrote:
        Well, snarky remark just got insanely useful as a team up with Ant-Man

NERF BAGMAN, ASAP!!! icon_twisted.gif
      • Quebbster
        Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        I'm mildly tempted to build a Bag-man and team him up with Thing and Mr Fantastic. Probably not worth the HP and ISO, but an entertaining thought at least.
      • Philly79
        Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
        Options
        for anyone interested in getting him, I found the best way is lightning rounds, that is how I max covered mine and pulled 3 covers for him yesterday.