Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*

Options

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any of you guys play the Spider-Man Unlimited endless runner by GameLoft? There's a 6* Epic Bombastic Bag-Man in that.

icon_lol.gif
  • Yes. Just got my last Switcheroo cover. I'm keeping Bagman because Widow and Mystique can power-up Switcheroo for crazy extra moves or easy Devour combo.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I knew this cover looked familiar...

2340288-spider_man_captain_universe.jpg

Reusing artwork? D:
  • Unknown
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey, does anyone know if Web-Slinger protects web tiles from Devour? Have yet to try.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes. Just got my last Switcheroo cover. I'm keeping Bagman because Widow and Mystique can power-up Switcheroo for crazy extra moves or easy Devour combo.

Hmmm... that does sound like a fun combo. Too bad my OBW is too weak to make use of Espionage when paired with my Mystique.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Any and all webtiles are considered neutral and can be used by either side (like charged tiles). So if you create webtiles with Switcheroo, you can actually power up enemy Devour. But friendly Devour too.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    Yes. Just got my last Switcheroo cover. I'm keeping Bagman because Widow and Mystique can power-up Switcheroo for crazy extra moves or easy Devour combo.

Hmmm... that does sound like a fun combo. Too bad my OBW is too weak to make use of Espionage when paired with my Mystique.

I should specify. Widow "or" Mystique. They have the same power scheme, right? So eventually Mystique will always overpower Espionage. Espionage's ability to collect or Mystique's ability to create will be crucially essential for my strategies.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BTW the only viable way to build him is 4/1/5 or 4/2/5 there is no other option. He is at least useable this way, otherwise he's just a meatbag.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Because of the countdown tiles of Squirrel Girl and Star-Lord (edit: and Colossus!) that are better when they stay on the board, I'm now considering him the 6th worst character, slightly better than Bullseye.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    On second thought, Snarky Remark is useless with Colossus and Star-Lord's yellow because you might as well just cast them twice as they use the same color. SR is still pretty good with Squirrel Girl.
  • Because of the countdown tiles of Squirrel Girl and Star-Lord (edit: and Colossus!) that are better when they stay on the board, I'm now considering him the 6th worst character, slightly better than Bullseye.
    Don't forget mystique shapeshift tile!
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    Let players have the option to use Bagman instead of the featured character in PVP.

Because let's face it, if you were going send in the loaner anyway, why not add a little insult to injury.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    haha I actually magically won a Bagman from a PVP a few days ago. I contemplated adding him to my roster just as a gag but I didn't want to waste HP.

He's one of the reasons I quit playing a while back because I always "won" him. I started playing again when he became vaulted!
  • I think what would be awesome would be if bagman "evolved" and took the bag off and became a totally different cover...a top tier Spider-Man. But you have to:

1. Max cover bagman
    2. Max level bagman
    3. Win 100 matches with him on your team

Then he takes off the bag and becomes the top tier 3* spidey or whatever.

That at least gives people some reason to use him and collect him.
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    I think what would be awesome would be if bagman "evolved" and took the bag off and became a totally different cover...a top tier Spider-Man. But you have to:

1. Max cover bagman
    2. Max level bagman
    3. Win 100 matches with him on your team

Then he takes off the bag and becomes the top tier 3* spidey or whatever.

That at least gives people some reason to use him and collect him.
    I like the idea
    Magikarp_(anime_AG).png
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Current Abilties:

Switcheroo
    POWER COST PurpleTile 13
    Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles.
    Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles.
    Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color.
    Level 5: Swaps 2 pairs of tiles. Costs 18 AP.

Webslinger
    POWER COST BlueTile 9
    Slings a web that wraps 1 tile(s) in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Locks 2 tiles, Costs 11 AP.
    Level 3: Locks 3 tiles, Costs 13 AP.
    Level 4: Locks 4 tiles, Costs 15 AP.
    Level 5: Locks 5 tiles. Costs 17 AP.

Snarky Remark
    POWER COST YellowTile 7
    The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on a selected Countdown tile by 1 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10). Turns all Web tiles to basic tiles.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Increases timer by 2 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 3: Increases timer by 3 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 4: Increases timer by 4 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 5: Affects 2 Countdown tiles.

Suggested Abilities:

Switcheroo
    POWER COST PurpleTile 10
    Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles.
    Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles.
    Level 4: Swaps all types of tiles.
    Level 5: Swaps 2 pairs of tiles.

Webslinger
    POWER COST BlueTile 9
    Slings a web that wraps 1 tile(s) in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Locks 2 tiles.
    Level 3: Locks 3 tiles, Costs 11 AP.
    Level 4: Locks 4 tiles
    Level 5: Locks 5 tiles. Costs 12 AP.

Snarky Remark
    POWER COST YellowTile 7
    The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on a selected Countdown tile by 1 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10).
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Increases timer by 2 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 3: Affects 2 countdown tiles
    Level 4: Increases timer by 3 plus 1 for each Web tile.
    Level 5: Affects 3 Countdown tiles.

The reasoning for most of these tweaks is that players should feel tempted, not reluctant, in choosing additional covers for a power. No one wants the extra cost, but if it's only 1 or 2 extra gems for a minor increase, it creates a choice dilemma that makes the character more interesting.
    Power-wise players have to be aware of what Bagman would be looking to score with when playing against him (as is the case with most characters), so the low cost of something like Snark Remark should not affect play too much. If more than one character needs a color (in Snarky's case yellow), players are still at the mercy of the board and their opponent's choices.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Snarky doesn't really tell a story or seem to hold up given how its currently built. I'm not sure why witty repartee would require all web tiles on the board to get destroyed. I think having the web tiles stick around after throwing Snarky Remark makes sense. But if they are going to get to stick around you might want to reduce the number of webs that switcheroo is able to create with each use.

Its also always seemed too bad that there was this distinction between standard 'web' tiles and the 'sticky cocoon' that webslinger drops. (especially since the power is called 'web'-slinger, come on.) What if we found a way the web tiles and cocoon tiles to merge? Webs can target and shut down special tiles. This change could even apply to 3* spider-man as well as Venom.

This would wind up serving as a minor buff to 3* spidey as well, since now his blue power gains utility beyond being a 1-turn stun.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options

Its also always seemed too bad that there was this distinction between standard 'web' tiles and the 'sticky cocoon' that webslinger drops. (especially since the power is called 'web'-slinger, come on.) What if we found a way the web tiles and cocoon tiles to merge? Webs can target and shut down special tiles. This change could even apply to 3* spider-man as well as Venom.

This would wind up serving as a minor buff to 3* spidey as well, since now his blue power gains utility beyond being a 1-turn stun.

Very good addition. Let's hope this gets more attention.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This discussion just made me think about this discussion.

I agree that Bagman needs some changes, but I'm not sure he will ever become a viable character as the developers seem to envision him as MPQ's version of Dan from Street Fighter. Giving web tiles some value might break the delicate balance the Bagman exists within.

Perhaps we will all understand this week as we reach the final node of the Gauntlet to face off against Bagman and a pair of goons feeding him Blue, Purple, and Yellow. icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When X-Men DOFP is released you won't see the normal new character release but instead Bagman will take off his bag and reveal himself to be... 5* Apocalypse! Those few players that wasted a roster spot to keep Bagman will be rewarded with the most powerful villain.

In all seriousness, it would be cool if they actually did something with Bagman. I pulled 3 of his covers last week after not seeing him for months. They increased his health with the others so maybe.