Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*

icon_spiderman.pngSpider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Switcheroo
Power Cost - 13 purpletile.png

Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo.

Power Level 1 - Swaps 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to web.png.
    Power Level 2 - Also swaps strike.png and protect.png.
    Power Level 3 - Also swaps web.png and attack.png.
    Power Level 4 - Swaps all tiles that have a color.
    Power Level 5 - Swaps 2 pairs of tiles. Costs 5 purpletile.png more.

Web Slinger
    Power Cost - 9 bluetile.png

Slings a web.

Power Level 1 - Slings a web that wraps 1 tile in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed.
      Power Level 2 - Locks 2 tiles. Costs 2 bluetile.png more.
      Power Level 3 - Locks 3 tiles. Costs 2 bluetile.png more.
      Power Level 4 - Locks 4 tiles. Costs 2 bluetile.png more.
      Power Level 5 - Locks 5 tiles. Costs 2 bluetile.png more.

Snarky Remark
      Power Cost - 7 yellowtile.png

The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe.

Power Level 1 - Increases the timer on a selected countdown.png by 1 plus 1 for every web.png (up to 10). Turns all web.png to basic tiles.
        Power Level 2 - Increases timer by 2.
        Power Level 3 - Increases timer by 3.
        Power Level 4 - Increases timer by 4.
        Power Level 5 - Affects 2 countdown.png.

Last Major Update: 2013

Earlier post:
        [anchor=spiderman2]Spider-Man (Bag-Man)[/anchor]
        2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
        At Max Level: HP: 3920 Tile damage: 43/11/49/55/10/09/3.0
          Switcheroo - Purple 13 AP
          Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
            Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles. Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles. Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color. Level 5:Swaps 2 pairs of tiles. Costs 18 AP.
            Web-Slinger - Blue 9 AP
            Slings a web that wraps 1 tile(s) in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed.
              Level 2: Locks 2 tiles. Costs 11. Level 3: Locks 3 tiles. Costs 13. Level 4: Locks 4 tiles. Costs 15. Level 5: Locks 5 tiles. Costs 17.
              Snarky Remark - Yellow 7 AP
              The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on a selected Countdown tile by 1 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10). Turns all Web tiles to basic tiles.
                Level 2: Increases timer by 2 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 3: Increases timer by 3 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 4: Increases timer by 4 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 5: Affects 2 Countdown tiles.

Older version:

[anchor=spiderman2]Spider-Man (Bag-Man)[/anchor]
              2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
              At Max Level: HP: 3560 Tile damage: 39/11/45/50/10/9
                Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
                Level Upgrades
                  Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles. Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles. Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color. Level 5:Swaps 2 pairs of tiles. Costs 18 AP.
                  Web-Slinger - Blue 9 AP
                  Slings a web that wraps 1 tile(s) in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed.
                  Level Upgrades
                    Level 2: Locks 2 tiles. Costs 11. Level 3: Locks 3 tiles. Costs 13. Level 4: Locks 4 tiles. Costs 15. Level 5: Locks 5 tiles. Costs 17.
                    The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on a selected Countdown tile by 1 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10). Turns all Web tiles to basic tiles.
                    Level Upgrades
                      Level 2: Increases timer by 2 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 3: Increases timer by 3 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 4: Increases timer by 4 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 5: Affects 2 Countdown tiles.

Original Post:
                    Archjojo wrote:
                    17-10-13+-+117-10-13+-+1

Spider-Man, Bag-Man
                    - uncommon character

13 AP - Switcheroo - at lv 5; also swaps strike and protect tiles

9 AP - Web-Slinger - at lvl 5: lock 2 tiles. Costs 11

Slings a web that wraps 1 tiles in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed.

7 AP - Snarky Remark - at lv 5: Increases timer by 2 plus 1 for each Web tile.

The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on a selected Countdown tile by 1 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10). Turns all web tiles to basic tiles.

Comments

• They should really tweak this character to make him a bit more useful/powerful. Especially since he is a 2 star character.
                    • Im curious as to if anyone uses Bag-Man and when? He seems virtually useless in every way to almost any other hero.
                    • Runningwild
                      Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
                      I only use him against HAMMER troops
                      or Magia as his ability to web countdown tiles is invaluable. Apart from that, he is not much use.
                    • maybe i just got lucky but for any of the cd troops i always use hawkeye, magneto, and storm. Magnetos ability to turn any 2 tiles into blue protect tiles is great especially on 8 AP.
                    • Mochiface wrote:
                      Im curious as to if anyone uses Bag-Man and when? He seems virtually useless in every way to almost any other hero.

I use him mostly in Hammer/Maggia battles for now. Im hoping to get another Switcheroo cover though. It says it swaps all tiles of a certain color...and if this creates web tiles too. Venom devour will wipe the whole team out for 8 web tiles.

But...I haven't gotten the next cover. Ill come back when I do though.
                    • Katai
                      Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
                      Invaluable during the Red ISO event. All three abilities are great for taking down counter-gems. When a single green gem can do 1500 damage to your entire team, you'll be happy to have Bag Man with you.

Switcheroo and Web Slinger can lead to some really interesting tactics. Switcheroo is insanely powerful as it can set you up for those 5-matches that gives you crits. Web Slinger has a weird effect of making gems fall through it, so you can set up some chain matches that would be otherwise impossible.
                    • I really find it amusing that this thread has over 1000 views. All people hope to find here some usefulness for this character icon_e_wink.gif
                    • Unknown
                      edited August 2015
                      Bagman has some relatively cool looking moves but the AP costs are way too high. I think I encounter 1 out of 30 people using a Bagman and I always challenge them for the easy win. Does anyone actually use Bagman, or is the whole point to have a bad draw for people rolling for higher covers?

Edited to add final poll results

Item - Votes - % of Total Votes
                      I don't have Bagman - 0 - No votes
                      Yes. He's one of my major characters. - 0 - No votes
                      Yes. I use him occasionally. - 3 - 13%
                      No, but I may use him eventually. - 11 - 48%
                      No. I sell bagman when I draw him. - 9 - 39%
                    • Seems like he was intended for PvE or as a hard counter to certain PvP teams. But yeah, definitely very limited usefulness.
                    • I voted "No, but I may use him eventually." But I remembered that I do use him sometimes. When all my other characters are dead and I still want to play a bit... icon_lol.gif
                    • At best, he's a PVE character.

I recently decided to start collecting him again just to try to build a complete collection, but for the longest time, I sold any Bag-man covers I drew immediately.

To make him useful, why not suggest some tweaks to the card? For instance, this could turn him into a tankier support who is much more annoying with denial abilities:

To start with, I actually think his blue isn't a problem:
                      Web-Slinger - Blue 9 AP
                      Level Upgrades

Level 2: Locks 2 tiles. Costs 11.
                      Level 3: Locks 3 tiles. Costs 13.
                      Level 4: Locks 4 tiles. Costs 15.
                      Level 5: Locks 5 tiles. Costs 17.

...Except maybe for the costs (17 AP at level 5? Are you kidding me?) At the very least, I would reduce the costs to 9/10/11/12/13.

However, I think his purple and yellow could be tweaked. For instance, his purple is currently:
                      Level Upgrades

Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles.
                      Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles.
                      Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color.
                      Level 5:Swaps 2 pairs of tiles. Costs 18 AP.

The idea of the character seems to be a guy who really gets down into the weeds (so to speak) and fiddles around with individual tiles in a very nitpicky way. It also seems like he's supposed to be a nitpicky character who webs on, and webs off (with his yellow). I think he should get some kind of benefit from adding/removing webs to give him some interesting combo potential with Venom (that isn't OP, obviously). I would suggest something like this:

Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles. His webbing also adds a layer of personal armor to hide his Spidey-shame, granting him (100 + minor level-scaled bonus) temporary health that must be destroyed first before his "true" health can be depleted. This additional temporary health can exceed his base maximum health, but does not carry over after a fight.
                      Level Upgrades

Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles. Gains (150 + minor level-scaled bonus) temporary health.
                      Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles.Gains (250 + minor level-scaled bonus) temporary health.
                      Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color. Gains (325 + minor level-scaled bonus) temporary health.
                      Level 5:Swaps 2 pairs of tiles. Costs 18 AP. Gains (600 + minor level-scaled bonus) temporary health.

This will make him much more useful to entry-level players who currently draw him and, after sighing a deep sigh of disappointment, never use him. He can instead be brought along once players have started to reach the limits of Juggernaut's inherent tankiness, but still need someone to stand in front and soak up the hits for Modern Storm/Modern Widow.

I would also tweak his yellow ability. Here's how it is currently:
                      Level Upgrades

Level 2: Increases timer by 2 plus 1 for each Web tile.
                      Level 3: Increases timer by 3 plus 1 for each Web tile.
                      Level 4: Increases timer by 4 plus 1 for each Web tile.
                      Level 5: Affects 2 Countdown tiles.

The reason I hate this skill is it's completely situational. If nobody has any countdown-related abilities, it can't be used. Really not useful at all. icon_e_sad.gif

I would suggest changing it to more of a multi-purpose denial tool that not only neutralizes countdowns, but also shuts down enemy AP:

The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, making them feel confused and a lot less confident about their abilities. Change any single basic tile to a yellow 4-countdown target tile. Each turn the tile counts down, turns up to two Web tiles currently on the board to basic tiles. The enemy loses 1AP of a random color for every Web tile you clear (up to 2 per turn). You do not gain (steal) and AP from this.

Level 2: Reduce the yellow countdown tile to 3 turns. Can be used to target either a basic tile or an enemy countdown tile.
                      Level 3: Turn up to three Web tiles currently on the board into basic tiles per countdown turn. The enemy loses 1AP of a random color for every Web tile you clear (up to 3 per turn).
                      Level 4: Reduce the yellow countdown tile to 2 turns. Can be used to target any one special tile controlled by the enemy.
                      Level 5: Can be used to target any TWO special tiles controlled by the enemy.
                    • Bagman is incredibly useful for low level PVE
                    • I chose 'No, but I may use him eventually." But my actualy answer would be 'No, but I have him and do not sell the covers. I am trying to collect all as it is helpful for those random tournaments. Honestly, I hate that this is the alternate of Spider-Man who has several better alternates and was kind of a one of thing. Ultimate Spider-Man? Superior Spider-Man> Black Costume? Scarlet Spider? Spider-Man 2099? Iron Spider? Cosmic Spider-Man? Etc.
                    • Lord_Jadem wrote:
                      I chose 'No, but I may use him eventually." But my actualy answer would be 'No, but I have him and do not sell the covers. I am trying to collect all as it is helpful for those random tournaments. Honestly, I hate that this is the alternate of Spider-Man who has several better alternates and was kind of a one of thing. Ultimate Spider-Man? Superior Spider-Man> Black Costume? Scarlet Spider? Spider-Man 2099? Iron Spider? Cosmic Spider-Man? Etc.

I think we all know that unless something crazy happens, these won't be the only versions of Spidey we'll ever see in this game. icon_e_wink.gif

Same with Wolvie, Cap, and Iron Man. And probably Storm and Magnus too.
                    • I think the best way to make him more useful without overpowering him is having a few of his attacks also hit for (scalable) damage. Also, keep his AP costs in the 12-15 range. Currently they are too high for what they do.
                    • The best use for him is to pair him with Venom to devour whole teams. He'd be fun to use in PvE against minions, but his skills just cost too much. I'd rather use Cap if I need a way of dealing with countdown tiles.
                    • Coming up on 2k views now, and a month since the last post!

Has anyone put enough ISO into Bag-Man to determine if he's ever really useful? My level 6 bagman is 4/3/5 and I have to decide soon whether to use the purple cover in my cache or hold out for another blue.
                    • Bartok wrote:
                      Coming up on 2k views now, and a month since the last post!

Has anyone put enough ISO into Bag-Man to determine if he's ever really useful? My level 6 bagman is 4/3/5 and I have to decide soon whether to use the purple cover in my cache or hold out for another blue.

I am so far ahead of you with a 5/5/3 level 7. I will report my findings at a ... much later date.
                    • I had mine at lvl like 15. I ended up selling him for more space.
                    • He should come with a fourth ability. A passive.

Kick me: Spiderman exhibits his class clown skills, and lures the enemy into attacking him.

Level 1: Spiderman leaps to the front of the group when damage is dealt if there is more than 11 tile of Blue or Yellow.

Level 2: Plus Red or Green tiles.

Level 3: Plus Black and Purple tiles.

Level 4: If C. Storm is in party, he stays in the front.

Level 5: Spiderman honey badgers it regardless of who is in team, and remains out front for the entire match.